Is there a way to stop enemy spawn in specific location?

Specifically Whiterun catacomb, kinda want to use the area. I am thinking of using a mod to befriend those skeleton by they might reset or there might be sideeffect? Is removing the spawning point with TES5Edit possible/easy? Windows 10 refuse to let me install Creation Kit due to some permission bs.

Thank you

33 minutes ago, Killeer said:

Specifically Whiterun catacomb, kinda want to use the area. I am thinking of using a mod to befriend those skeleton by they might reset or there might be sideeffect? Is removing the spawning point with TES5Edit possible/easy? Windows 10 refuse to let me install Creation Kit due to some permission bs.

Thank you

1) You could remove the spawn points with TESEdit.  (To do this: click on something in the area, find its baseID code in the console, then look up the code in Skyrim in TESEdit.  Search for leveled encounters in there -- you can click on the skeletons or whatever to get those codes, too -- make a copy into your own mod and then mark them as disabled.)

2) You could use a mod like MHYH to befriend them and then claim the area as your own. (My Home is Your Home.  I prefer version 4.3, but any of them should do it.)

3) Help with the Win10 issue would need more details.  Is your steam folder installed under Program Files(x86)?

On 1/20/2020 at 12:10 PM, Seijin8 said:

1) You could remove the spawn points with TESEdit.  (To do this: click on something in the area, find its baseID code in the console, then look up the code in Skyrim in TESEdit.  Search for leveled encounters in there -- you can click on the skeletons or whatever to get those codes, too -- make a copy into your own mod and then mark them as disabled.)

Thank you, will make a patch for that. Doesn't seems too complicate.

2) You could use a mod like MHYH to befriend them and then claim the area as your own. (My Home is Your Home.  I prefer version 4.3, but any of them should do it.)

Yes, I am using MHIYH2 (the one with easy to navigate MCM. To befriend them I thought about using the puppetmaster mod, but remove the spawn point probably better.

3) Help with the Win10 issue would need more details.  Is your steam folder installed under Program Files(x86)?

I used to, but moved it out. I used to be able to do everything but uninstall all to focus on work a while ago. When I am back to install it again, I suddenly got tons of problem (I can't even use FNIS in MO2 at first and need to stick with Oldrim and MO1 until I moved the Stream out and put FNIS in the SkyrimSE/Data as a placeholder while run FNIS for MO2 mod folder) . It's my main workstation so I can't just reinstall Windows for Skyrim.

Thank you

Update, I guess those tes5edit can't be done midgame or I might do something wrong since save is unloadable if I enable the patch. I basically add disabled flag to those three skeletons. I probably kept a little more capable npc in there instead, the skeleton is pretty weak anyway.

Archived