Longer pubic hair and editing...

Xemont

I've been trying (with little success) to edit the look of pubic hair on female skins for my own personal use. My experience with GIMP is limited, and my best attempts have come from copy-pasting feathered selections to change the 'style'.

One style I'm going for is a 'happy trail' or long tuft of hair that bursts out above the waists of panties/pants and belts. I find myself enjoying the idea of hair that travels closer to the navel more and more lately, even though I've never really been much into the hirsute.

So I'm posing two main questions:

1. For those of you who have experience in GIMP, how would you suggest I go about adding/extending body hair with realistic quality? Are there good images to use in the Blender to superimpose the hair? Are there brush sets available somewhere that I could use to 'hand' draw it? (Ones that I have found were either not realistic or otherwise not right)

2. Are there any existing skins to use/reference? So far, I've only seen a screenshot of one, and the 'what mod is this' thread yielded no source. http://skyrim.jpn.org/images/176/17658.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help. I'll also be glad to post screenshots/textures of what successes I do have, if anyone is interested in such a skin.

Edit: Here's a picture of my most successful attempt so far, just to give an idea of what I'm after- but I'm definitely not happy with it yet. My methods proved easy when dealing with short hair, though things don't quite look as good when it comes to longer hair- which is what I'm trying to accomplish now. I used the cbbe skin made by navetsea here.

4jFK5uy.jpg

I have experience with gimp and photoshop.

If you wanted to hand draw some hair with a custom brush, there's an easy work around to that so you don't actually have to create a brush. There's a brush in gimp that will use anything you have in your clipboard into a 'brush'. So draw some hairs on a transparent layer. Select and copy them. Select the brush and paint away. I think it's the last one in the list, I'm not 100% sure though.

I think the way I would do do it would be to find a good texture, scale it down, and then use a transparent feather eraser and go around the edges until you're happy with the shape. Maybe flip or move a copy of the texture and repeat on another layer above the first to get rid of those areas you're not a fan of. Then I might experiment with some hand drawn hairs. Either use the eye dropper for picking colors, or use another hair texture as an overlay to the hand drawn textures and then just experiment with opacity and the smudge tool to blend them together.

I might give it a try later. If you find a hair texture you like, I'd be happy to mess around with it to try to get something you'd like. Keep in mind though, I'm no professional.

Yeah, beach, I would be interested in using those skins. Especially the second one.

Are they available anywhere? Or are they private? :x

Skirmish, I'll keep trying and post anything nice I can manage, but so far I haven't produced anything good. :P

Yeah, beach, the second one you posted is definitely skin I'd like to use.

http://postimage.org/image/irljynu27/

Is it available anywhere? Or is it private? :x

Skirmish, I'll keep trying and post anything nice I can manage, but so far I haven't produced anything good. :P

You can download the pubic hair texture here:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/7240

In order to place it on your current body texture you will need to use gimp. It is a pretty simple copy and paste operation. Just open in gimp the body texture you want to use. Then open the pubic hair texture from this mod. copy and paste the pubic hair onto the body in gimp. You can then use the move tool, scale tool, and perspective tool to get the shape you want.  When you have the right shape and position anchor the pubic hair texture to the body. Then save the texture as the same name it currently is, but in a different location. Don't save over the original in case you want to change how it looks after seeing it in game. If you need any help finding these tools in gimp let me know.

This mod has some other styles as well. I have not tried them yet but it looks like you can apply these using gimp as well to get the shape you want.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/28263

Post some screens when your done!

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I've been trying (with little success) to edit the look of pubic hair on female skins for my own personal use. My experience with GIMP is limited, and my best attempts have come from copy-pasting feathered selections to change the 'style'.

One style I'm going for is a 'happy trail' or long tuft of hair that bursts out above the waists of panties/pants and belts. I find myself enjoying the idea of hair that travels closer to the navel more and more lately, even though I've never really been much into the hirsute.

So I'm posing two main questions:

1. For those of you who have experience in GIMP, how would you suggest I go about adding/extending body hair with realistic quality? Are there good images to use in the Blender to superimpose the hair? Are there brush sets available somewhere that I could use to 'hand' draw it? (Ones that I have found were either not realistic or otherwise not right)

2. Are there any existing skins to use/reference? So far, I've only seen a screenshot of one, and the 'what mod is this' thread yielded no source. http://skyrim.jpn.org/images/176/17658.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help. I'll also be glad to post screenshots/textures of what successes I do have, if anyone is interested in such a skin.

Edit: Here's a picture of my most successful attempt so far, just to give an idea of what I'm after- but I'm definitely not happy with it yet. My methods proved easy when dealing with short hair, though things don't quite look as good when it comes to longer hair- which is what I'm trying to accomplish now. I used the cbbe skin made by navetsea here.

4jFK5uy.jpg

Do you have a transparent version of the treasure trail?

I tried to use GIMP to add pubes from the Racemenu Overlay Compilation onto a 7B body texture and for some reason the whole body ended up being really bright ingame. Any idea why that happened? I don't have a screenshot of it right now, but I can try it again and take on later if I have to.

I tried to use GIMP to add pubes from the Racemenu Overlay Compilation onto a 7B body texture and for some reason the whole body ended up being really bright ingame. Any idea why that happened? I don't have a screenshot of it right now, but I can try it again and take on later if I have to.

looking once here.

http://i7.minus.com/izBRxfSZLCs3F.png

"ZASELIM" has experience with this pubic hair!

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/29523-zaselims-gaya-gei-body-mod-series-c-r-released-zggb-chml-body-zggb-ch-zggb-r2-u-zggb-r/

maybe he can help. ;)

Archived