[Request] Sunglasses Oni Edition v1.5 converted for Beast Races

Heyo, so i've been looking for glasses / sunglasses for the Khajiit race and come up short, only finding goggles. I learn't of a mod that no longer existed on nexus anymore but found a copy online. I've tried editing it myself so that they work on Khajiit's but with no luck, everytime i try to equip them, they're invisible. Even with the race specified in the "Additional Races" Section of the apparel.

I would love if someone who has the skill and spare time to make this mod work for beast races as ive been wanting a mod like this for ages now. Thanks for your time.

Sun_Glasses-Oni_Edition-18808-1-5.7z

38 minutes ago, WinterV said:

Even with the race specified in the "Additional Races" Section of the apparel.

Better off creating a specific version for Khajiit.  Look at the way many of Skyrim's light armor gloves/bracers are set up.

Further, are you sure they aren't "showing up", or that they are somewhere inside the poor cat's head?

1 hour ago, Seijin8 said:

Further, are you sure they aren't "showing up", or that they are somewhere inside the poor cat's head?

I equipped them and had a look inside the character using tfc, but they weren't there, i'll take another look.

EDIT: I double checked just now and they are nowhere to be seen on the entire character.

1 hour ago, Seijin8 said:

Better off creating a specific version for Khajiit.  Look at the way many of Skyrim's light armor gloves/bracers are set up.

I tried that by duplicating the records of the glasses and changing it from "DefaultRace" to Khajiits, but still came up with nothing. 

45 minutes ago, WinterV said:

I tried that by duplicating the records of the glasses

Which records?  Sorry, but while you seem to think your problem is very specific, it really isn't.  A short list of potential things that can cause this:

• Wrong bodyslot data in...
    • The nif
    • The Armor record
    • The Armature/Addon record
  • Wrong race record
  • Modified race record that changes default armor type/location/source
  • Bad file path to the nif
  • Using virtual file type mod manager (MO, Vortex) and having the nif/asset unchecked
  • The item you are bringing into the game is the old item that didn't work for khajiit (name changed?)
  • The item is marked as non-playable
  • Another later record is overwriting the new one in the...
    • esp
    • nif
  • Bad alpha setting in the nif is making the whole object invisible
  • Bodyslot data chosen doesn't exist or isn't correct for display

... and thats just off the top of my head.

What i had done is duplicated "SunGlassesR" in both the Armor and Armor Addon categories, named them there own seperate record, removed the additional races and specified the race as "KhajiitRace" instead of "DefaultRace". But again, this didn't work for me. Thats why i was hoping someone with more skill could help make it compatible with Khajiits, i have little to no skill in these sorts of things.Capturxe.PNG.d5bec27fc05666fbcc44b98fa558bf76.PNG

35 minutes ago, WinterV said:

What i had done is duplicated "SunGlassesR" in both the Armor and Armor Addon categories, named them there own seperate record, removed the additional races and specified the race as "KhajiitRace" instead of "DefaultRace". But again, this didn't work for me. Thats why i was hoping someone with more skill could help make it compatible with Khajiits, i have little to no skill in these sorts of things.Capturxe.PNG.d5bec27fc05666fbcc44b98fa558bf76.PNG

Is the new Armor record pointing to the new addon record?

Is your character a vampire?

Have you confirmed that the original glasses show up on non-khajiit characters?

Are you using Skyrim SE or LE?  (This record is for LE).

You're on the right track, just need to see where things went wrong.

10 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

Is the new Armor record pointing to the new addon record?

Yep.

Is your character a vampire?

Nope.

Have you confirmed that the original glasses show up on non-khajiit characters?

Yes, but as ive just checked with a standard Nord female (which this mod works for). The ones i've been attempted to get to work, don't even work on Nords which make me believe that there's a problem with that one only.

11 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

Are you using Skyrim SE or LE?  (This record is for LE).

LE.

203881184_ElderScrollsVSkyrimScreenshot2020_01.06-15_57_57_89.png.b2a304d0e2cdda067f6e227803037aef.pngUPDATE: Seems some of the equip slots were wrong(? may have been because of me messing around with things) because they're now showing up, just inside the head.

EDIT: I'm attempting to edit the co-ordinates of the .nif, but it isnt budging. Still attempting.

33 minutes ago, WinterV said:

@Seijin8So as you can see above, they are showing up again, but i've been trying to edit the co-ordinates of the relevent .nif file in NifSkope, and it doesn't budge at all, ive tried editing various XYZ coordinates with no luck. Any ideas?

My main suggestions on this would be:

1) Use Nifskope, find every block and if it has a BSDismemberment section, right-click that it and "convert" it to NiSkinInstance.  That'll solve the nif-related body slot issues and for oddball body assignments (ie most modded stuff) you lose nothing in trade.

2a) Use Outfit Studio to do your nif edits.  Its just simpler and does most of the weird stuff for you.

2b) If not using Outfit Studio: to make it work in Nifskope, use the transform, then make sure to "Apply".  It'll warn you about making the change, do it anyway.  Depending on what odd references the original might have already used to shift coordinates, it may do something strange, or not.  (Outfit studio resolves the coordinates as an absolute and gets around all that junk).

16 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

Use Outfit Studio to do your edits.  Its just simpler and does most of the weird stuff for you.

629685574_ElderScrollsVSkyrimScreenshot2020_01.06-17_53_26_88.png.e35af15ff6c5b7b8d0016db9298b76af.pngYou're a legend, used Outfit Studio and a khajiit head as reference, imported the glasses, shifted them around and boom! Works! You have no idea how happy i am mate, cheers a bunch for helping :) now to just do every other pair of glasses haha xD (still needs shifting a bit more, but still, it worked xD)

6 minutes ago, WinterV said:

629685574_ElderScrollsVSkyrimScreenshot2020_01.06-17_53_26_88.png.e35af15ff6c5b7b8d0016db9298b76af.pngYou're a legend, used Outfit Studio and a khajiit head as reference, imported the glasses, shifted them around and boom! Works! You have no idea how happy i am mate, cheers a bunch for helping :) now to just do every other pair of glasses haha xD (still needs shifting a bit more, but still, it worked xD)

Glad to have helped.  When you want to make the glasses hang partway off in the later stages of a sex scene, hit me up ;)

Archived