Helgen Reborn CTD Shriekwind

bm2x

So, I'm running through the Helgen Reborn Mod and I am up to taking Wanna Dun through Shriekwind to kill the vampire coven.  I got in, ran through the entire thing, missed the vampire door, and left.  Now Shriekwind Bastion (North and South) are marked as "cleared" on my map but if I try to get back in (either entrance, or console commands) I get the loading screen, but instead of letting me enter I just get to see a wonderful view of my desktop instead.

Any advice, helpful or otherwise is appreciated as always.

Spoiler

Q - I'm doing the Shriekwind Bastion mission with my guard, and the level is cleared but my quest won't update.

A - There is a central area in Shriekwind Bastion with a pedestal with 3 switches on it. One of the switches opens a hidden rock door that leads to another hidden rock door. When you go into the tiny hall past the first hidden rock door, there is another switch on the left that opens the 2nd hidden door that leads to the NEW sanctum. Your quest target should be pointing right to it.

Extract from the mod

46 minutes ago, bm2x said:

So, I'm running through the Helgen Reborn Mod and I am up to taking Wanna Dun through Shriekwind to kill the vampire coven.  I got in, ran through the entire thing, missed the vampire door, and left.  Now Shriekwind Bastion (North and South) are marked as "cleared" on my map but if I try to get back in (either entrance, or console commands) I get the loading screen, but instead of letting me enter I just get to see a wonderful view of my desktop instead.

Ignoring if the mission has been completed (finding the mentioned secret passages), you could try to reload the game at the point before entering

When you say "cleared from the map" you mean how the mission ended?

28 minutes ago, Lestat1627 said:
  Hide contents

Q - I'm doing the Shriekwind Bastion mission with my guard, and the level is cleared but my quest won't update.

A - There is a central area in Shriekwind Bastion with a pedestal with 3 switches on it. One of the switches opens a hidden rock door that leads to another hidden rock door. When you go into the tiny hall past the first hidden rock door, there is another switch on the left that opens the 2nd hidden door that leads to the NEW sanctum. Your quest target should be pointing right to it.

Extract from the mod

Ignoring if the mission has been completed (finding the mentioned secret passages), you could try to reload the game at the point before entering

When you say "cleared from the map" you mean how the mission ended?

No, I was going in to try and do the mission, but I exited by mistake.  The mission still needs me to go in and kill the vampires, but I cannot get into the dungeon because of CTD.  The location is labeled cleared on the map because everything in the main dungeon is dead.

15 minutes ago, bm2x said:

No, I was going in to try and do the mission, but I exited by mistake.  The mission still needs me to go in and kill the vampires, but I cannot get into the dungeon because of CTD.  The location is labeled cleared on the map because everything in the main dungeon is dead.

I have read everything related to the problems of the mod (they seem a little too many) and your problem is not mentioned in any critical point. The suggestion to try to start from a previous save to see if it unlocks remains valid.
In the mod it is mentioned that there are block points that can be solved by ignoring the quest for a certain time, or by saving and reloading from the critical point. I don't know if they also work in your case, it could be a case that never happened before

I'm going to try and wait it out then, I guess.  I was thinking it was a problem with the dungeon itself being cleared?  But idk.  I didn't see any issues like this when I was searching either.

I don't have a save to go back to, unfortunately, or I would have done that.  I got snookered on an autosave and a level-up on exiting the place and that was my slots.  If not I have a free extra follower and I don't do that questline I guess.

I was even hoping for like a console way around like a setstage guide or something but I couldn't find any of that info either.  :/ 

Here is what I found ( I don't know how many of the following are reliable ) :
1) Some solutions talk about reinstalling the mod.
2) Deactivate the Helgen rebon plugin, start a new game with a new character. Wait for the first part of Helgen to end (when you exit the cave) before activating the plugin.
3) If you use Alternative start, do not go to Helgen before having spent seven days of the game.

Archived