Certain followers break when porting to SE

Some followers that I've tried to convert to SE appear to break after resaving in the Creation Kit. I'll convert the meshes just fine, and see that they're appearing in game correctly, but converting from Form 43 to 44, for some reason, changes their face. I'll do the same resaving process that works with 99% of the mods I've ported, just opening, saving, and closing, and their faces get totally messed up, looking really featureless and bloated. Does anyone know why this happens for some mods?

13 hours ago, mastga said:

Some followers that I've tried to convert to SE appear to break after resaving in the Creation Kit. I'll convert the meshes just fine, and see that they're appearing in game correctly, but converting from Form 43 to 44, for some reason, changes their face. I'll do the same resaving process that works with 99% of the mods I've ported, just opening, saving, and closing, and their faces get totally messed up, looking really featureless and bloated. Does anyone know why this happens for some mods?

CK automatically exports the faces at save, that's what changes the appearance. Just paste the head nifs from the FaceGeom in the follower mod over the ones CK exported.

12 hours ago, spoonsinger said:

Try the following from your ORIGINAL 43 mod, (i.e. before you let the CK wreck it). (Note you'll still have to convert your nif's by hand using SSE Nif optimizer). (This is just an example using a random LE mod):-

Hide contents

image.png.c31b12a89dfe0bbce0425f67dbfef75f.png

Wow this works perfectly, wonder why people don't just do this to convert to form 44

Archived