How to write a simple sex animation script?

Messenjah

So, I'm fairly experienced in Fallout NV scripting... I'm ok anyway. :)

I'm not quite sure how to set up paired animations however. I've noticed by looking through the system for AP, that it appears to use tokens? What are these for/how do they work?

I have permission from JoshNZ to do this and this is for a strip club mod.

Basically, all I want is for two NPC's to move onto a bed and have sex and I need the game to play the related sounds. This is purely for a background effect and is not interactive in any way. The Strip Club is basically a remake of the Atomic Wrangler. I will also be working on the Gommorah in the future.

Anyway, just need to know how to get two npc's to play the animations and move into the correct spot. Thanks!

So' date=' I'm fairly experienced in Fallout NV scripting... I'm ok anyway. :)

I'm not quite sure how to set up paired animations however. I've noticed by looking through the system for AP, that it appears to use tokens? What are these for/how do they work?

Basically, all I want is for two NPC's to move onto a bed and have sex and I need the game to play the related sounds. This is purely for a background effect and is not interactive in any way. The Strip Club is basically a remake of the Atomic Wrangler. I will also be working on the Gommorah in the future.

Anyway, just need to know how to get two npc's to play the animations and move into the correct spot. Thanks![/quote']

I'm not sure many here know much about the AP system, if you were to use Sexout though there's a lot of information here and experienced people.

So' date=' I'm fairly experienced in Fallout NV scripting... I'm ok anyway. :)

Anyway, just need to know how to get two npc's to play the animations and move into the correct spot. Thanks![/quote']

I'm not sure many here know much about the AP system, if you were to use Sexout though there's a lot of information here and experienced people.

Sexout is far easier to work with than either AP or Wasteland Sex and is capable of doing far more than either of the two.

I was actually very much unaware of Sexout actually. :P I don't see anything for it on the Nexus sadly. :( I see Sexual Innuendo and AP but not Sexout. Looking here, I see a lot of topics on it but it's a bit confusing to be honest. My mod is a bit less explicit and is focused more on re-making the New Vegas world itself into a more adult environment with some lapdance interactions. It's mostly cosmetic however. Although, I certainly wouldn't be apposed to the idea of a sexout plugin being developed for it, so long as any of the meshes/textures are NOT repackaged. :) Reason is that I don't own all resources.

Doesn't sexout use the AP animations? Because that is really all I should need to make this work... or does it have it's own animations?

This interaction is very simple and I don't really want to make it that complicated. The actual script can be based on Sexout if that is what you mean?

Ok, after reading a bit on Sexout, here is what I gather....

Basically, what sexout.esm is, is an ESM that contains the new API? So it has it's very own set of commands and such that are directly related to the animations and setting up custom sex acts?

This is a good idea, and I support it but I need to make my mod mainstream, and where Sexout is not on Nexus from what I can tell, this will make it very difficult in this case.

Basically, I will probably have to do this the old fashioned way. However, later on, I may develop a Sexout version that the player CAN interact with.

Ok' date=' after reading a bit on Sexout, here is what I gather....

Basically, what sexout.esm is, is an ESM that contains the new API? So it has it's very own set of commands and such that are directly related to the animations and setting up custom sex acts?

This is a good idea, and I support it but I need to make my mod mainstream, and where Sexout is not on Nexus from what I can tell, this will make it very difficult in this case.

Basically, I will probably have to do this the old fashioned way. However, later on, I may develop a Sexout version that the player CAN interact with.[/quote']

Yeah Sexout isn't on Nexus and they probably won't allow it due to the Plugin content here :)

The Nexus has it's usefulness and I for one have mods uploaded to the Nexus, but there is a reason why many of us are here. This is a smaller, much more personal community that isn't as impersonal as the Nexus is. I don't understand the reason why you feel that your mod has to be "mainstream" as you say. It makes me wonder if you are creating a mod strictly because it's what you want to see in the game, or because you believe that is what others want to see. If the later is true, your days as a modder will be extremely short lived. Very few actually appreciate the work modders do and fewer still understand the countless hours spent on a mods creation, or the sheer frustration of trying to get something right. Were I only modding for the enjoyment of others, I would no longer be modding now.

Well... I have only been modding for about... 12-13 years now. ;) Just modded other games. Most of my mods were not for public release and only two-to-three mini-mods were actually released. Modded, Descent, UT2004, Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout NV... ecs. :)

This is by far, my most ambitious project however. I usually stick to smaller projects since after about 2002.

The main reason this needs to be mainstream is because I would like at least something to show others for once for my work, and because of all those involved. I'm using a lot of meshes from a lot of people, and I have a lineup of actual voice actresses who have already performed most of the dialogue required. Same for ASX. Many folks are involved with this project or contributed in some way or another so it wouldn't be fair not to release it into public in this case.

I can handle the trolls, I've been trolled before on public forums. >:)

I can always release a version of my own *wink* *wink* here later.

I'm not really here to argue over politics however. I'm here to code... so I would really appreciate it if we can get back to the primary goal.

No worries. :) I understand the point you were trying to make, I just like to maintain a certain professional level with my mod. Most of the work is my own, the pole dance animation is Umpa's, and the voice actresses are of course not my own work and credit must be given in that instance. Also, I have a tablecloth item that I have included.

One thing I do want to prove to the general public with this, is that adult content can be done well and on a more professional level so that it fits the lore of a game.

Archived