I simply need a correct install order so files dont get over written by older files. every time i fresh install and attempt by myself everything either crashes or animations dont work correctly. if anyone has a readme or something that can explain the correct way to set up mods on a fresh install id appreciate it

1. Install base game.

2. Install F4SE.

3. Modify INI files to allow mods.

4. Play base game until you leave the vault & talk to Codsworth.

5. Install Looksmenu.

6. Install AAF.

7. Install Savage Cabbage, Vader, Farrell & RufGT.

8. Install Vioxis Strap-On.

9. Install AAF SEU.

10. Install AAF Family Planning.

Everything should work with no errors.

:thumbsup:

On 12/1/2019 at 7:50 PM, xCuskyx said:

I simply need a correct install order so files dont get over written by older files.

This very good comprehensive installation guide for AAF has the exact install order you are looking for.

It sounds to me like you should be using Mod Organizer 2, this makes it far easier to install mods. (Hosted on Skyrim SE nexus, but works with Fo4)

Mo2 has a learning curve, but web guides and video's on YouTube make it easy to learn, this program makes a MASSIVE difference when modding.

I have not had to reinstall fallout 4 since i started using it, million times better then Nexus mod manager.

Before you start VonHelton's steps above, i would suggest doing it a little different

1. Install the base game, with all the DLC you have, but without the High Resolution Texture Pack (some mods don't play nice with it)

2. Play the unmodded vanilla game and save just after you pick up the pip-boy, BUT BEFORE leaving vault 111. (Backup this save......, no REALLY do it)

3. Install Mod Organizer 2, enable f4 modding by using the Mo2 INI Editor (Puzzle piece icon), then copy/paste the 3 lines under step 6 to the bottom of the fallout4custom.ini file.

4. Install Fallout 4 Script Extender through Mo2 by following this guide.

5. Install Bodyslide through Mo2 by following this guide.

6. Then follow this comprehensive installation guide for AAF.

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

Short note on AAF and The One Patch to Bang Them All

A couple of the animation mods have updated their animations since the release of One Patch v1.1.1.

In order for the latest changes to take effect, you will have to load these mods after One Patch. (So the newer files overwrite One Patch's older files)

Mods newer then One Patch that i have found so far are:

1. BP70's Fallout 4 Sex anims 2.2

2. Atomic Lust v2.6.1b

3. Animation Pack by SavageCabbage v1.1

4. Mutated Lust v1.3

When you install one patch, it will automatically detect the animation mods it supports and patch the necessary files.

It can only detect these files if you have already installed the animation mods, so you have to install One Patch as the very last mod and reinstall it whenever you add a new animation mod.

The end result will look something like this.

Spoiler

1257698266_AAFOnePatchMo2.png.45e421613ccec5d311e091985dc95b4b.png

Archived