Help with a Tera Outfit

asc_kel

I'm looking for someone who could do a quick edit for me on an existing Skyrim model for a Tera outfit ported by asianboy. I was trying to just use an alpha channel to remove the bottom portion of the robes, but something odd happens making the pants and everything on the lower half invisible, blocked by the robe's lower portion somehow. I have no skills in the way of editing the mesh itself so I'm hoping someone would be nice and edit it for me to remove just the lower portion of the robes, no need for the weight slider to work or anything as it didn't anyway.

My failed attempt.. I wanted the robes cut off at the waist line where the line on the texture is

before editing:

before.png

after editing failure:

after.png

.nif file can be dl'd off my dropbox here

I hope someone will be nice and do this for me, as it would also benefit some of the other players who would like more male varieties in clothing. Thank you at any rate.

It's really frustrating and I have no idea how to fix it unless its something to do with the model itself and not a nifskope property.

It is, as I can edit other models (Like the Nightingale armor) and make alpha on the armor, but when I apply the alpha property to the model in nifskope, then try to dick around with it... it doesn't work. Dx

It's the flags you're using

NiAlphaProperty has a 'flags' field.

IIRC 237 is the default when you add that block, and it's not useful. Try 4845, 749, 1005. 5101 might be close, but i wouldn't recommend it if it appears to work.

you should look at the niftools documentation site on the alpha flags and what each one does. windows calculator can actually convert flags (binary bit map) to decimal numbers. so if you think you know the flags to use, windows calc can do the heavy lifting.

should i have just copied the NiAlphaProperty block from a different model instead of adding a fresh one then to preserve the flags etc? i know its good to know these things, if i wanna continue but it just seems like it'd be easier to just take the freakin thing off a working one lol.

should i have just copied the NiAlphaProperty block from a different model instead of adding a fresh one then to preserve the flags etc? i know its good to know these things' date=' if i wanna continue but it just seems like it'd be easier to just take the freakin thing off a working one lol.

[/quote']

Usually, but maybe not this time. Because there's a couple flags for different things. There are flag that set transfer hut block like you're seeing. Not sure what the purpose is but sometimes a modder will use that flag and not realize it simply because there's nothing to be blocked.

Just take a look at the niftools docs and build a flag. That way you can be sure it's what you need. It's really not hard.

Fucking Skyrim modding just seems so daunting because of some of the stupid shit that modders have to complain about. Some of the stuff like this is well doc'd and not that hard, but the rest of the time it's a giant pain in the ass without any kinda docs.

Archived