[HELP]Where do I find HD texture for these...

Hi! I'm trying to get Skyrim to look a little bit better, but having trouble identifying some textures, so if you know what the texture dds-files are named and/or if you know any HD textures for these out there please help out.

The stone and ivy to the right on the first pic and the stone on the left side on the second pic.

enb 2019_11_27 12_05_30_26.jpg

enb 2019_11_27 12_05_52_75.jpg

What if you use the Mfg console to found out tmore information of the stone if u click it ... is it possible ? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/44596

Maybe then are more option possible to identify the id of the object maybe ... öhm where is this stone ? ... can you please add a picture with worldmap maybe i take a look if i have a better location to found your stone

Alternatively you could just open the Creation Kit, go to the cell where you know the object in question is, then you can click on it there and get the relevant information.

look this are ck information of the stone in my location in there you can found out the used nif file ... and his path ... in the nif you can see then with nif scope the texture path ... that is standard used and then u need only to check whats mod your texturepath overwrite :D

The best option is probably to open the console, click an obvious reference, and write down the RefID. Then in the CK you can use Edit > Find Text to locate that reference (it will be in the "Objects, etc." tab)  from Object tab you enter the name of the object in your filder in object window and can see all other informations that you need.

Please load previous your esp ... file / data in ck that the objects can be found ;)

000e43d0.JPG

So I hope this is helpfull for you to found out whats texture and path your curious stone use and how to can found it by yourself ... dont thank me :D

Alternative you can use TES5Edit:

Load the mod that u see in the mfg console in TES5Edit ( example in my screen skyrim.esm

Search the form ID ( example in my Case 000e43d0 of my images  ) in TES5Edit.

You will found the placed object in there is on the right side a info with the FORMID ( eample you see at this point [REFR:000E43D0] (places ImpExtRubble01 [STAT:0003F95A] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of FortGreymoorExterior02 [CELL:00009A08] (in Tamriel "Himmelsrand" [WRLD:0000003C] at -3,-3))

so this object is ImpExtRubble01 with ID 0003F95A ==> you see my screen its identical with ingame information and if you then search about it in TES5Edit

you found the ImpExtRubble01 and have the Model Filename Dungeons\Imperial\Exterior\ImpExtRubble01.nif and can open this nif file in nifscope and u can see the texture path :D

this is then easy working

TESedit.JPG

have a nice evening ... this guide to found out nif paths and texture path in ck and tes5edit was for free :D

I had many fun to help you. Further i wanna explain your cell seems be edited from some of your mods so nobody can provide you really whats stone is it about an image that you post but if i am with my screens on your place ( background the little destroyed house and whiterun in horizont ) then i think i am near your location.

Thanks! I'll give it a try!

Edit: I found out that the stone to the left has the texture ImpWall05.dds, ImpWall05_n.dds and ImpWall05_p.dds. The stone to the right has the same textures combined with ImpExtDecals01.dds and ImpExtDecals01_n.dds.

So that's all figures out. But how do I find HD textures for these?

I must explain that my stone in my example is from Skyrim.esm ... please remember if you search then the nif file that the nif files of skyrim and all his dlc´s are in the files Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, HearthFires.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa in your skyrim install path normally \Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data

To open the nifs you need and this nifs are from standard skyrim you need to unpack the bsa files with BSAopt https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/247

And the nif files can you open with nifscope http://niftools.sourceforge.net/wiki/NifSkope

To check the texture path of a nif

1. open the niffile in nifscope

2. click view > Block List > Show Block in List

3. you see in the top are the Names like BSShaderTextureSet ( maybe multiple Times if the nif use multiple textures ) > click on it

4. in the botton window you can see then the path of the texture that are used of the nif object

see the example here of nif file 573977597_examplenif.JPG.3bbccbcc3695cb12cd91ad8c03282591.JPG

and then you can found out the texture that are used of your object in your game ... good luck

u need a mod that edit this texture files

Vivid Landscape, Noble Skyrim HD, 4K Parallax Skyrim by Pfuscher maybe dont know whats mod all edit this files ... my texture for this stone are edited from Noble Skyrim HD and Vivid ...  mmm dont know whats mods explicit edit this files

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49661 4K Parallax Skyrim by Pfuscher

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49344 Vivid Landscapes - All in One

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/45807  NobleSkyrimMod HD-2K edit your files 

NobleSkyrimMod HD-2K overwrite your files  mpWall05.dds, ImpWall05_n.dds and ImpWall05_p.dds and  ImpExtDecals01.dds and ImpExtDecals01_n.dds in /Data/Textures/Dungeons/Imperial and use his own HD files for this alternative you can search about a other HD Texture Mod that is good for you or that you like

you can check the mods on nexus in file tab with "Preview file contents" andbefore you download it and can check if the files are edited in the path

Found out that my textures comes from Tamriel reloaded - Textures and parallax. They are 2k textures but they doesn't do it for me. Much of the rest of the mod is awesome.

I'll check out your recommendations. Thank you very much!

Archived