Editing ini and pref

Zinmar

What are the changes that have been made to run the game? I recall that Gamerpoet put out a video on modifying the ini and pref for Skyrim. I've done a search to see if something similar has been down with Fallout 4 and there is hardly anything mentioned.  I thought I would come to ya'll for help on this. 

7 hours ago, Zinmar said:

What are the changes that have been made to run the game? I recall that Gamerpoet put out a video on modifying the ini and pref for Skyrim. I've done a search to see if something similar has been down with Fallout 4 and there is hardly anything mentioned.  I thought I would come to ya'll for help on this. 

How to enable mods in Fallout.

Documents/My Games/Fallout 4  now Open Fallout4Prefs.in with a text editor and scroll down until you find the heading Launcher and make sure you have bEnableFileSelection=1 if not then add it Save and close now Right click on file you just edited and change it's properties to Read only.

Now open Fallout4Custom.ini  ( if you do not have this create a text file and name it Fallout4Custom.ini  )

In the Fallout4Custom.ini  Make sure you have these entrees :

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

if not then enter them now save it and change it properties like you did above with the Fallout4Prefs.in

15 minutes ago, Zinmar said:

Cool, are those the only things needing to be added?

Yes to enable mods. There is more but there more for Debugging.

in FalloutCustom.ini

[Papyrus]
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1
bEnableProfiling=1
sDefaultLogOverlay=Papyrus
                                                   Remember to Save and set the file to read only.  

5 minutes ago, Zinmar said:

Thanks much! Been about a year and a half since I last played it and I've been having the itch. That and the unhappiness I've got about 76.....

There's been a few games that have failed launches. I think it's because they saw the revenue the Fort Night game was getting and wanted to get in on the act but had nothing really to offer at the time and got caught with there paint's down with half finished stuff and broken promises which is never good. But they are trying

Archived