Helping out MOD Noobs

Rekthor

I got Skyrim as a gift a few weeks back, and I've just in the last week discovered modding. I'm still mostly using texture mods from SkyimNexus, which is super easy due to the mod manager they've got. But this morning I discovered this site and I'm totally lost. I hate to be a milk-drinker, but if anyone could give me a quick rundown on how to install mods manually (the ones that I'm interested in here are SexiS [http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=14315] and Sex Addict [http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=15004]. There are also two on nexus I'm looking at, Adult Show XXX and Animated Prostitution, which (the former) bring up confusing code in-game or (the latter) do not allow me to enter through doors, fast travel or walk too far without ending up in a CTD or a game freeze at the loading screen.

What would be so awesome is if someone who has experience or is using these mods to give me a couple tips or instructions on how to install and use these. In any case, some info on installing mods from this site and clarification on the four mods I mentioned would be much appreciated. Peace!

Have you ever installed anymods to your game, such as a body replacer? I guess what I'm getting at is are you familiar with the folder stucture?

edit: The reason I'm asking is if you have no experience with modding your game at all.I would be willing to write a guide for how to do it with links to proper tools and all the information I can think of you would need to get started and comfortable modding your game as others may find it usefull too. Most here have been adding mods to there game for a while and its easy to forget that as simple as it may be if you have never done it before the it could be confusing as far as what tools you need, how to use them, folder structure etc.

Just post back if this is what you need,but it's not going to be a quick reply if I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it right and make it as complete as possible.And I'm not going to waste my time if this is not needed.

Have you ever installed anymods to your game' date=' such as a body replacer? I guess what I'm getting at is are you familiar with the folder stucture?

[/quote']

1) Yes. I've got maybe two dozen mods, most of them reskins or texture upgrades (apachii hair, supermodel skyrim, bellyaches dragon replacers, etc.).

As for the folder structure, I know what is generally in the folders when they are downloaded manually as for the creation kit files, texture and mesh folders, etc, but I don't know what to do with them.

Have you ever installed anymods to your game' date=' such as a body replacer? I guess what I'm getting at is are you familiar with the folder stucture?

[/quote']

1) Yes. I've got maybe two dozen mods, most of them reskins or texture upgrades (apachii hair, supermodel skyrim, bellyaches dragon replacers, etc.).

As for the folder structure, I know what is generally in the folders when they are downloaded manually as for the creation kit files, texture and mesh folders, etc, but I don't know what to do with them.

Oh well then there isn't much to it just download the mod for Sexis and drop it in your skyrim directory, let it merge with your data folder overrite when it ask , use your mod manager to activate the esp's ,the requirements for the mod are on the outpost with links make sure you download and install those, read the directions for both and if you have any questions ask as they come up, I'll check in every now and then for next few hours.

It's not any different from any other mods just read the directions you should be ok

Alright. I've got SexiS installed thanks to the method you mentioned (though I have to boot via the SKSE launcher), however I've hit another snag in that I'm getting seemingly random CTD's and I cannot fast travel without the game freezing while in the loading screen. I get this is a bit different from my original topic, but does anyone know the solution to this? I'm googling and can't find anything.

Alright. I've got SexiS installed thanks to the method you mentioned (though I have to boot via the SKSE launcher)' date=' however I've hit another snag in that I'm getting seemingly random CTD's and I cannot fast travel without the game freezing while in the loading screen. I get this is a bit different from my original topic, but does anyone know the solution to this? I'm googling and can't find anything.

[/quote']

I answered that on your other post in Sexis and since this thread is already made you can just keep posting here if you would like and I'll answer as I see them.

this was my answer, Did you install Fnis and skse as stated in the OP,if so did you run Fnis for users(did it show any errors is sexis on the list?)and are you launching the game with skse and not steam?

I now know your launching via skse what about Fnis and the PC exclusive animation path mod can cause CTD's with this so disable it if you use it.

Yes, yes and yes. I've got SKSE installed, I've got FNIS as well, and activated it once I installed Sexis. When I ran it, it said that all the animations went through, though after it said that all the animations installed, it just said '1 Warning', with no further information. And no, I don't run the PC Animation path. I'm beginning to think these crashes upon quick-travel are another addon: i'll check those in the morning.

Yes' date=' yes and yes. I've got SKSE installed, I've got FNIS as well, and activated it once I installed Sexis. When I ran it, it said that all the animations went through, though after it said that all the animations installed, it just said '1 Warning', with no further information. And no, I don't run the PC Animation path. I'm beginning to think these crashes upon quick-travel are another addon: i'll check those in the morning.

[/quote']

if there are any warnings it is not installed correctly or the animation files are in the wrong place, Did Sexis even come up in the fnis list? anyway guess we will sort it out tomorrow.

Yes' date=' yes and yes. I've got SKSE installed, I've got FNIS as well, and activated it once I installed Sexis. When I ran it, it said that all the animations went through, though after it said that all the animations installed, it just said '1 Warning', with no further information. And no, I don't run the PC Animation path. I'm beginning to think these crashes upon quick-travel are another addon: i'll check those in the morning.

[/quote']

if there are any warnings it is not installed correctly or the animation files are in the wrong place, Did Sexis even come up in the fnis list? anyway guess we will sort it out tomorrow.

I ran the FNIS generator again after reinstalling it, but I'm still getting that one warning. The good news is SexiS appears to be working okay. I have animations and I can use the bow just fine (I have yet to test the defeated mod). Also, I'm not sure, but my CTD's appear to have slowed down or stopped. I'll keep updating on that. But the more pressing problem of the fact that I cannot fast travel is still there.

Whenever I try to fast travel, the game just gets stuck at the loading screen and stays there forever. There's nothing to indicate that anything is wrong, the music still plays, the tips and visual are still on the screen, but it just stays at that screen. I'm beginning to think that this is another mod given that I've reinstalled SKSE and FNIS now, so I'll deactivate each of my mods and try quick traveling without them once each to identify which one.

Sounds like a good to way to narrow it down, I don't have any advice for the fast travel issue off the top of my head other than PC specs maybe not being high enough to load the new areas as you fast travel.

Maybe someone else can chime in on that.

as for the Fnis error when you get things sorted out maybe you could copy/paste the fnis report here and me or someone else might be able to help with that too.

Sounds like a good to way to narrow it down' date=' I don't have any advice for the fast travel issue off the top of my head other than PC specs maybe not being high enough to load the new areas as you fast travel.

Maybe someone else can chime in on that.

as for the Fnis error when you get things sorted out maybe you could copy/paste the fnis report here and me or someone else might be able to help with that too.

[/quote']

Okay, I've got it. It was the Calientes Female Body mod that was doing it. I noticed something odd when I first started using it, which was that one of my followers (one who I modified myself) had changed her face, and it was a lot rounder and some would say cuter. When I removed it, not only did her face return to normal, but I'm able to quick travel again, I can enter buildings again, and I'm not getting so many CTD's.

This is one of the best female body mods that I've seen, so unless you've got a better suggestion, I'm going to try a manual reinstall via the mod's instructions and see if that works. I'll update soon.

You can find the FNIS report in Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\temporary_logs

Then open the GenerateFNIS_LogFile file in notepad and find the warning message and tell us what it says. If you can't find it use the Find function to search the document for the word "warning"

Also Personally I don't use ASX and AP caused 5 corrupt games for me. I kept using it because I loved it so much but I had to sacrifice it in order to play. Also ASX has pretty much stopped development or atleast hasn't had an update for ages so I'd recomend choosing between SexiS or Sex Addict. Personally I use SexiS because its self contained and the defeated plugin is great however Sex Addict has alot of great features too. I'd predict that in about 3-4 months time Sex Addict will most likely become a series plugin for SexiS so it depends on what each mod currently offers.

You can find the FNIS report in Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\temporary_logs

Then open the GenerateFNIS_LogFile file in notepad and find the warning message and tell us what it says. If you can't find it use the Find function to search the document for the word "warning"

Also Personally I don't use ASX and AP caused 5 corrupt games for me. I kept using it because I loved it so much but I had to sacrifice it in order to play. Also ASX has pretty much stopped development or atleast hasn't had an update for ages so I'd recomend choosing between SexiS or Sex Addict. Personally I use SexiS because its self contained and the defeated plugin is great however Sex Addict has alot of great features too. I'd predict that in about 3-4 months time Sex Addict will most likely become a series plugin for SexiS so it depends on what each mod currently offers.

It says (this is just a brief portion of the whole log. If you need the whole thing, let me know):

Reading FNIS ...

Reading FNISBase ...

Reading FNISSpells ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files...

Generating FNIS Behavior Root xml ...

Generating defaultfemale Behavior xml ...

Generating defaultmale Behavior xml ...

Converting Behavior Files (.xml to .hkx) ...

Moving new behavior files to standard location...

453 animations for 3 mods successfully included.

1 Warning(s).

Update: I reinstalled CBBE manually, but I have the same problem again. The faces have changed, I can't quick travel and I can't enter buildings. But now the problem is that I said yes when Windows asked me if I wanted to replace the default Skyrim folders with the CBBE folders. Does anyone know how to get rid of the old files?

Okay. I hate to put a damper on all this, but when I logged back in, the problems were immense, textures were screwy, followers were jumbled up, it was so frustrating and it was very clear that I wasn't going to fix such a colossal cluster-fuck that I deleted everything, mods, saved games, everything, and reinstalled from my disc. I'm opening a new thread to get some more responses in, which will be posted a few minutes after this is posted. I really appreciate your guys's help, which made sure that I got down how to install FNIM and SKSE. Thanks again!

Sorry I was up all night just woke up, I'm Just going to keep posting here they generally don't like to have multipost all over the place. you just got to be a little patient with responses here is a link to your new post if other's want to read ithttp://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=15469&pid=319926#pid319926

I need to eat and do some other things I'll get back shortly,I did read one thing I wasn't sure what supermodel II was so I looked it up.

read the comments for that mod, almost all are CTD and screwed up textures,I don't use it and probably won't it changes way too much on the vannilla races so I can't comment directly on stability.I use this with no problems betterfemalesand Cbbe

edit:Jimjim117 just posted a fix for supermodel II on your other thread

I;m not very caerful read thread :DDDD

but, i had problem with imposible teleport / enter building, game freeze ?

It's caused by textures, female body texture in CBBE mod, have HD resolution, they like 64 mb, you need poke next mods →

Optimizer Texures - re-size textures, quality % loose about 13-16%

TES5Edit help with find out what mod cause CTD (if it's script / conflicting part)

BOSS - help with mod load order (but you still need to edite load order by hands)

Okay, get redy to a 9999999 CTD / freeze / glitch / papyrus delay e.t.c., any shit what you can imagine. Skyrim not stabel game, with mods, it's simple a bomb. Strange that noone said this before. I had pretty much ALL kind of problems with skyrim.

fwe tips, on "how to not fuck up skyrim" -

- never install ANY race mods, they will kill you're game.

- never update mod, on a save game with what you used prev version of mod. (yup :D can cause alot of problems)

- don't use mods, what uses papyrus ALOT, so simple mods what re-balance game.

- PISE / ASIS - don't even search this shit. If see, don't look. It's cursed.

- Do not install mods what change battle system, why ? Because it's over load papyrus, and they actualy stop work after some time.

- Install only one mod, check it, after this install next.

- Always, keep you're texture folder back up.

- Load order, one of most important things, some time, mod can not work current because mod what go after it change same part of game.

ithink, that's all.

Okay, you probable want some sex mods, since i try all what releaset now, i can recomend only two mods, what realy stabel, and will not kill you're game, or cause any problem.

1) Ero motion mod - this ismost HQ ero mod. and simple FNIS animations.

2) XLV v5, stabel sex mod.

Female characters -

ofcource, CBBE only (unpb can burn)

after install, grab - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19666

you cna use envision face pack, and enchanted character edition, i use it. And this it pretty much only one combination what don't have neck problems. (yes it's have, all mods have neck problem ><;;)

I think it's all ?

Archived