How to NiOverride a chain? (See screenshot)

I recently found out about this NiOverride Pose Adjustments mod and it works great.

But I have no idea how people have managed to take this screenshot here:

image.thumb.png.fbc0948780e5170253f8801a8bf24153.png

They somehow manage to control the position of the end of the chain from Heretical Resources. Does anyone here have an idea on how this can be achieved?

Any kind of assistance will be appreciated.

I dont really know, but NiO can move bones, and an HDT chain uses bones to... well... to be a chain.
So, maybe you could use NiO to dynamically position the chain's end bone to wherever you want (find the position of the other actor relative to the first actor, and use NiO to move the end bone of the chain accordingly).
If it works, it probably wont look too great if trying to update the bone position in realtime, while the actor(s) is/are moving, but i can imagine it working just fine for positioning the chain before taking a screenshot (which is what i would suspect the author of that picture doing).

Then there is also the AddHavokBallAndSocketConstraint papyrus command, but i dont know if it can be utilized for this.

36 minutes ago, Roggvir said:

So, maybe you could use NiO to dynamically position the chain's end bone to wherever you want (find the position of the other actor relative to the first actor, and use NiO to move the end bone of the chain accordingly).

That's the use case I'm looking for. It's all for screenshot purposes, therefore I'm okay with having to do manual adjustments each time I want to take a new screenshot.

The challenge for me is managing to somehow select the chain's end bone in-game. I have no idea how to approach this issue.

Well, the simplest solution would be to make a script that binds some keys to calling a function that will move the bone up/down/left/right certain amount (and maybe other keys to rotate it).
That way you dont need to bother with calculating actors relative positions, and who knows what.

But if i understand correctly now, you are not asking how to write your own script solution, you are asking how to use that NiOverride Pose Adjustments mod to achieve what you want.
Sorry, apparently i didn't read your post properly the first time.
I have no clue about using that NiO Pose Adjustments mod.

Archived