Need help with event images

MalloMan

I need some help. I've been trying to add some custom event pictures to a mod I've been working on, but I've hit a bit of a snag. Whenever I try to have my event use the image I want to use, it instead uses the placeholder image that would appear if I didn't define which graphic I wanted.

-I am using GIMP 2 (although I have next to no experience with image editing software) with the dds file plugin

-my file directory looks like this                 "Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod\MODNAME\gfx\event_pictures"     the current image I trying to use is    " test_image"

-my image is the correct ratio of 450x150.

-There is only one layer on my image and I am basically using a copy of a vanilla dds file as a base, and then copying my image over it (but Its still on the same layer)

-the code in my event script looks like this:  

id = FTCY.23
                                                                             desc = Training_marshal_description
                                                                             border = GFX_event_normal_frame_martial
                                                                             picture = test_image    (I've also tried "GFX_evt_test_image")

You need to define your pictures in "interface/filename.gfx" (use whatever name you want instead of "filename"), for your example this file should look like this (everything after # are comments, you can safely remove those):

spriteTypes = {
	spriteType = { # This block should be repeated for every new image
		name = "test_image" # This is the key you will use in "picture = xxx" part of the event code
		texturefile = "gfx/event_pictures/test_image.dds" # This is the path to an image file, including it's name and format
	}
}

.gfx files are created by making a new text file and manually changing their format, nothing complex

Archived