LoversLab I am so very humbled before you to ask you for this one mod I lack the ability to create, and that is to have a custom helmet type piece of armor/clothing that makes the wearer's head invisible and replaces it with the female CBBE foot. The sole (bottom) of the foot would face forward like a replacement for the face, the heel would be where the chin is and the toes would be pointed toward the sky.

I have a *really* weird fetish that involves peoples heads being replaced with feet.... :$$ and if that could be a part of my Fallout 4 world, well it would absolutely make my weird little heart happier than heck ❤️

20190724170526_1.jpg.676df1961665ddb8cd04052c27f78d5f.jpg

I hope I'm not seeming too demanding here! I just really really would 10/10 love to have this as a mod in my game! I will literally rate max on all of your mods!! x)

......uff... I've been RACKING my brain all afternoon just trying to understand what the heck I have to do in any kind of modding program to just copy and paste it onto an armor.... I've gotten absolutely nowhere... I can't even find a program that will extract actual NIF files I can edit and use in programs (just gives me crappy Bethesda Art Files xP ) if there is anyone out there who can help, I would appreciate you so darn much... it just seems like it should be so easy but for some reason for me it just isn't :(

so I tried to figure out blender, outfit studio, and well, everything again.... it's SUPER difficult for me for alot of reasons but I've managed to convert the actual model of the foot into a .nif format. That being said, I am still heavily lacking in other crucial areas of knowledge, I have no idea how to "weight" the actual model. I have a loose concept of what "weighting" is based on a couple youtube vids but I'm still struggling to fit one piece onto the other successfully... I also found a mod called "meat" that has a special mask that makes the player head invisible and swaps it for this weird longneck alien thing. Useful! but I'm really unsure about how the heck to use it to my advantage at this point. I also tried just loading a copy of the CBBE Female_Body.nif into outfit studio along with the foot, it felt like I took another step towards my goal, but Im still clearly falling short of some crucial steps here...

....errrrgh!! this is so frustrating!

I have the pieces to this puzzle all here... 

I just can't seem to fit them together!

21 hours ago, Cricheal Muppins said:

That being said, I am still heavily lacking in other crucial areas of knowledge, I have no idea how to "weight" the actual model. I have a loose concept of what "weighting" is based on a couple youtube vids but I'm still struggling to fit one piece onto the other successfully...

Weighting that mesh should work out like weighting any other "normal" mesh like a helmet or cap would, just check some tutorials on how to use Outfit Studio and that should be it.

I also found a mod called "meat" that has a special mask that makes the player head invisible and swaps it for this weird longneck alien thing. Useful! but I'm really unsure about how the heck to use it to my advantage at this point.

Could use it as the reference to copy bone weights from (if you don't know how to do that, see paragraph above on watching OS tutorials). The vanilla human heads are separated into "front" and "back" so copying weights is a bit of a pain, but if that "meat" thing is a single mesh, it could be useful as a reference to copy from.

Don't upload images as BMPs, the forum software can't load them so you are forcing people to download them to check them out. Use JPEG or PNG instead.

....errrrgh!! this is so frustrating!

I have the pieces to this puzzle all here... 

I just can't seem to fit them together!

Welcome to modding, we hope you don't enjoy your stay!

Wow! That was actually very informative and helpful,I'm going to try this! Also pfffff, challenge SOOO accepted!! (:<

Also YES, the more I am learning about this, it looks like my quickest ticket to success here is using "meat" as a reference

(HUGE props to SpiffySkyTrooper on Nexus for making that! I highly recommend his stuff!)

Thank you for your words of wisdom, Blaze69!

(sorry for the whole image format thing, my noob-boobs are definitely showing :s)

oh, also if anyone cares about the image and isn't wanting to download the bmp, here you go, figure I might as well fix that

early development.jpg

PROGRESS!!! Thanks to some helpful advice, I've gotten another step further, how exciting!!!

UPDATE: I've managed to do the following to stabilize what seems to be my very first (and probably only) Fallout 4 mod:

-The weight issue appears to no longer be an obstacle - so far! Or at least I'm no longer getting those annoying

"unweighted vertex" messages when I export to nif anyways.... I spent about 20 minutes painting a foot blue and

the gods of computer logic seemed appeased with my solution! Hurrah!

-I successfully used another mod as a reference in OS and then deleted the meshes to leave my lovely foot!

-I've successfully made the UV map! its nothing even close to fancy, mind you, the entire thing is just 1 color with zero

detail added to it, BUT I've finally got it showing up in NifSkope AND Outfit Studio so it's a start! ALSO I am currently

working on learning to make the required DDS but that shouldn't be too complicated because I want to keep the

textures relatively smooth and simple at least until I figure more out on how to make it look nice (e.g. little dimples

and wrinkles in the skin and such) it's looking like the early versions will be cartoonish at best once I figure how

to get the whole thing in the game

***All I need to figure out now is how to actually ADD the item into the game and start testing!!!***

Welp, I didn't expect this, but my request has turned into me learning to put together my own one-of-a-kind mod!

I'm honestly kinda proud of myself!! I always thought I was WAY too stupid to make anything at all, but all I really

had to do was sit down, watch a few tutorials like 50 times over and keep coming back to the programs I was using.

Anyways the final version is FAR from perfect but it is WORLDS closer to the idea than I ever thought I'd get!

For reference I used Blender, Nifskope, BAE, OutfitStudio, CrazyBump, MaterialEditor, Paint.net, Fo4 Creation Kit and

a heaping mother load of PATIENCE.

I'm mostly posting this here at the end of this thread just in case anyone else in my former predicament feels stuck.

It's totally normal to feel stuck!!! It happened to me for 2 days in a row while I figured everything out, but now? I've

got something that I think is awesome into my game, and I did it myself!  That being said, a HUGE special thanks

goes out to everyone who helped me, and an even BIGGER special thanks goes to SpiffySkyTrooper for his "meat"

mod, if it weren't for his references, this would never have been possible! Thank you, Spiffy!!!

-Depending on feedback I may release the mod for download in the near future, for now, another screenie!

20191007133651_1.jpg

The heel is a lil fucked LOL

Archived