Still need some nifskope help

Yeah I was missing SF_FaceGen. The glossy look was because I has SF_Environment_Mapping checked instead of SF_Window_Environment_Mapping.

Odd to use SF_Window_ENvironment_Mapping, as far as I know that's a flag used to emit light based on time of day or at least modify emissiveness/glossiness according to time of day.

EDIT: To be clearer it was originally designed for use on the interior window meshes to be brighter during daytime and darker at night. At least as far as I know. Do you have a link stating otherwise because if there's a useful flag I've been ignoring I'd like to know about it, lol ;)

Mine has always been sf window env mapping as well, not env mapping. I've kept an old version of Nifskope for Fallout stuff, and have a separately packaged newer one for Skyrim, though, under the don't screw with what works principle. The new version has the set of flags that astymma mentioned above.

My checked flags under the original version, under skin shading have always been:

sf_zbuffer_test

sf_windows_environment_mapping

sd_shadow_map

sf_unknown_31

sf_empty

The only one of those that I have to check after export is the windows_env_mapping.

Another simple fix, if you have troubles, is to save an old version of the nif with the body, and then simply switch it out post blender export. Of course, that only works if you don't do any alterations to the body itself.

I should ask: how would I go about adding bounce to separate accessories if they affect the breast area? The SteamJunk outfit has a separate item that adds a number of bags, one of which is a satchel with a strap going up over the shoulder and across the breasts. It was easy enough to accomplish on the Mercenary Wanderer outfits, which already included that same bag, but I don't know if the same rules apply to separate pieces that never had a body to begin with.

I should ask: how would I go about adding bounce to separate accessories if they affect the breast area? The SteamJunk outfit has a separate item that adds a number of bags' date=' one of which is a satchel with a strap going up over the shoulder and across the breasts. It was easy enough to accomplish on the Mercenary Wanderer outfits, which already included that same bag, but I don't know if the same rules apply to separate pieces that never had a body to begin with.

[/quote']

It did have a body to begin with, it's just that the body was deleted after the item was weighted to it, before export, or at least before being released. Odd are, at some point, the whole steamjunk outfit, including the extra pieces, existed as one solid nif, which was then broken into different exported pieces so they could be accessorized.

So the answer would be to add it to the BnB body mesh that you're using, do everything as you normally would following the tutorial, and then delete the body again.

Alright. I'll give it a shot and see how it goes.

Anyone want me to post the end results for their own use? I know at least one person wanted to know if someone was going to add BB support to the Merc Wanderer outfits here (which is how I discovered them in the first place).

Got the SteamJunk outfits done, but the accessories keep throwing me a problem. Whenever I try to copy the body mesh over after the breasts, it throws me this error:

failed to map parent link NiNode|Bip01 L Foot

Not sure how to get around it.