Still need some nifskope help

So I'm trying to add some BNB support to a few outfits in my game, and have picked up all the necessary programs to get it done, through the use of Revanag's tutorial posted on his Type 3 BB armor replacer.

So my problem is this: when attempting to copy over the body branch from the nude mesh with the bounce, I can't get it to line up with the body for the armor, resulting in a crapton of clipping. I can't seem to find any function to move the mesh branch around to get it to line up, and as a result cannot progress to the work I need to do in Blender.

I'm half-tempted to ask someone to get the whole thing done for me, but you don't learn that way. Still contemplating on doing so, though. The armors in question are thus:

Mercenary Wanderer (both versions)

SinBlood SteamJunk Outfit (both versions)

Enclave Flight Jacket (if at all possible)

Merc Hotshot outfit (from the Lance Corbeau companion mod)

May request help later for other parts of the process, but for now, I just need help getting the damn body meshes aligned so they don't clip. Mercenary Wanderer seems to use the BaseHD Type 3 body, Merc Hotshot the BerryHD Type 3 body, and SteamJunk uses the Type 6 body. Enclave flight jacket doesn't seem to use any modified body, so I dunno how well it'll work out. Can anyone familiar with the process help me, please?

This, I can help with. It's clipping because those clothes are sized to a type 3 body. The bnb body is very different. What you should do is follow those directions, but instead of copying the branch from a bnb body, copy the branch from a bouncing type 3 body. It'll fit nicer, though you may still need to work the mesh a bit to play nicely with the body.

If you don't want clipping prior to going into blender, you're going to have to not only pull from Type 3, but from the same variant of Type 3. But I'm not sure why you think this is important, to not have clipping Prior to going into Blender, since Blender is where you fix clipping in the first place. You'll just want to fix it before you do any of the weighting for the BnB process.

Reference my nifskope/Blender tutorials, the one on the mashups and the one on weighting.

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/45444

It sounds like you're doing it right actually. You're going to have to learn to make the small modifications to the outfit to cover the body if you want to do this. Just go to sculpt mode and work the outfit until you're happy with it. This isn't difficult.

If you say so. My early results are resulting in doubled-up arms and the like' date=' so I wasn't sure I was doing it correctly...

[/quote']

I'm guessing that means that the actual arms are shooting around weirdly, correct?

Go into nifskope, and select the mesh piece that you pasted.

It has a funky name, like bip01arm, doesn't it? It's named the same as a bone group, and that screws up the animations.

Change the name. Click the txt box in the menu below, and just type in a name like shirt or jeans or something.

Seems the Blender I have has one more option than what the screenshot on the tutorial is showing me. "Import Bone Priorities". Do I want this checked on or off?

I did some quick checking, and I'm not thinking that you need to have it checked. It's a new option, assumedly to deal primarily with Skyrim issues. Following mine/Revenag's tutorials will work as is. His is fine, for the most part, but his part about reassigning the collision data (the all caps bone information) is extra work, those should just be deleted.

(I taught Revenag how to rig to things, FYI)

No, haven't tried the altered .nifs in-game yet. Just from viewing it in nifskope, by clicking on the two body portions I can see where it's all clipping--not just bits of tit sticking out of shirts, but due to the placement the arms look thicker because there's some extra arm sticking out and the like and I wasn't sure if it'd cause a problem. The tutorial doesn't mention anything about clipping at this part of the process, and its screenshot conveniently has the save window over the mesh screen so no one can see what's going on.

Alright, checked the property off, and we'll see how things go from here... will keep that collision data in mind.

I'm stuck. I haven't got a clue what's causing the sheen. I'll post the affected file up for someone more knowledgeable than I to tell me what I missed.

It's the Merc Wanderer Outfit (the one with out the jacket) from this mod. If you want to check it out in-game as such, the file goes in Meshes > clothes > mercwanderer

Here's a download link to it. Would've just put it in a zip file but I can't seem to get it to do that without putting in a 10-folder-long extraction path for whatever goddamn reason. I hate technology sometimes.

Seems I've still screwed up. Looks like my altered meshes are only appearing with a slightly pale caucasian skin tone, rather than matching that of the character wearing it. How do I go about fixing that accident?

According to a post in Revanag's mod comments, I'm supposed to set the shader type from SHADER_DEFAULT to SHADER_SKIN, and tick SF_Window_Environment_Mapping in the shader flags, both of which I've done for the three armors I've modified. Hasn't helped.

Seems I've still screwed up. Looks like my altered meshes are only appearing with a slightly pale caucasian skin tone' date=' rather than matching that of the character wearing it. How do I go about fixing that accident?

According to a post in Revanag's mod comments, I'm supposed to set the shader type from SHADER_DEFAULT to SHADER_SKIN, and tick SF_Window_Environment_Mapping in the shader flags, both of which I've done for the three armors I've modified. Hasn't helped.

[/quote']

Probably missing SF_FaceGen and environment mapping has a tendency to produce glossy skin as far as I know.

This is what I see on "skin":

SF_Specular

SF_Skinned

SF_FaceGen

SF_Remappable_Textures

SF_ZBuffer_Test

with shader type being SHADER_SKIN