@mgmg_o is the rest of your game in Japanese apart from my mod, or nothing is in Japanese?

Edit: I just checked by setting my game to Japanese, it seems to be working fine for me.

Spoiler

jploc2.jpg.53d3f5dab7a42c42ad67b33d2890a436.jpg

Edited by peco328
added screenshots
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2021 at 12:43 AM, MrsSirchis said:

Hello,

I downloaded the mod but I can't get it in French at all. Would it be possible to tell me how to get it in FR please?

Thank you in advance !

French translation for all related in-game text is included in the mod by standard, but it only gets applied when your whole SIMS4 game is set to french in Origin.

Here's how you can change the language setting of Sims4: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/faq-base-game-changing-languages

9 hours ago, shezhiya said:

没有字体显示,都是空白,是怎么回事
No fonts are displayed, all are blank, what's the matter

I've just tested the mod by setting my game to both traditional and simplified chinese, and everything shows up just fine, so I'd say that it's some other mod you've installed that might cause the problems with your game. I'd recommend you to use the 50/50 method to find the culprit.

Spoiler

ss1.jpg.939a9180ec9a637ff93e62b1ca6758ee.jpgss2.jpg.7b1280117576b1b8789309a0a730d7e8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, anna_anna said:

Will you make a version of the mod where it doesn't require the user to replace an in-game channel and it would actually just add the custom channel to the tv?

This question already came up several times before so i'm just gonna paste my last answer to it:

On 1/13/2021 at 4:03 PM, peco328 said:

Some time back I've made an experimental version of a standalone CinErotique channel using some custom xml injection, but during the testing phase we found that it wasn't working reliably - It was working perfectly fine on some lots, while on others the sim was dancing / t-posing / throwing queing errors instead of watching. What made it even worse, is that the lots where the channel was working properly / not working at all were different for each tester, so I had no idea where to even start to look to find out and solve what is causing it. Plus, I'm not a code-wizard - just an "enthusiastic amateur modder", lol -, so I decided to give up on the standalone CE idea...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi peco,

could you maybe add a way to unlock a TV not only by upgrading it but by option in the pie menu of the TV? Because I have some Sims which should not have a handiness 9+ (for immersion). Or maybe delete the need for parts.

(I know the cheat but an option would be nice and without the need for resetting the handiness by cheat again AND the need for parts)

Apart from that -> very nice mod! Thx for Your work! ?

Thx

pat

Edited by paterion2

@paterion2

Hello Pat,

Your idea is what I actually originally had in mind before I introduced the child-lock system, but due to my shortcomings when it comes to scripting, I couldn't make it work (and I didn't want to modify any of the requirements of the original Super Reception upgrade, as it tends to upset people if a mod starts messing too much with global ingame functions), BUT... I think I have an "immersive" solution that you might like:

Let me present to you:
LittleMsSam's ASK TO UPGRADE mod

"Ask NPCs to Upgrade Objects for you. They will upgrade the Objects (all Upgrades available) but it will cost you & earn them Money (except if they are Butlers).

You’ll find the Option under Upgrades if an NPC is available. Make sure they can reach the Object (unlocked Doors, invited in etc) or else you pay for nothing!"

Spoiler

So basically, just ask an NPC to come to your house (Johnny from next door will do), then choose the new "Ask to Upgrade" menu within the TV's Upgrade menu, and wait until he finishes with the upgrade - it's usually pretty quick.)
I just tested this with the lates game version of 1.78.58, and it works all right.

1013×467 

ssupgr.jpg.1489d3ffa63042eeec44466424f56701.jpg

Hope this helps, take care, p.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2021 at 6:56 AM, peco328 said:

@paterion2

Hello Pat,

Your idea is what I actually originally had in mind before I introduced the child-lock system, but due to my shortcomings when it comes to scripting, I couldn't make it work (and I didn't want to modify any of the requirements of the original Super Reception upgrade, as it tends to upset people if a mod starts messing too much with global ingame functions), BUT... I think I have an "immersive" solution that you might like:

Let me present to you:
LittleMsSam's ASK TO UPGRADE mod

"Ask NPCs to Upgrade Objects for you. They will upgrade the Objects (all Upgrades available) but it will cost you & earn them Money (except if they are Butlers).

You’ll find the Option under Upgrades if an NPC is available. Make sure they can reach the Object (unlocked Doors, invited in etc) or else you pay for nothing!"

Reveal hidden contents

So basically, just ask an NPC to come to your house (Johnny from next door will do), then choose the new "Ask to Upgrade" menu within the TV's Upgrade menu, and wait until he finishes with the upgrade - it's usually pretty quick.)
I just tested this with the lates game version of 1.78.58, and it works all right.

1013×467 

ssupgr.jpg.1489d3ffa63042eeec44466424f56701.jpg

Hope this helps, take care, p.

Hi peco,

that sounds good! I'll give that a try.
Especially since I also have a super craftsman and builder in my Sims collection that could always step in there. :)

This way he can earn something on top of his meager construction worker salary. ;)

Thx

pat

Edited by paterion2

@Chipendale
yes, of course i thought about it :) ...
not as replacements though, but rather as a sort of "Video on-demand" option for the TV - where you could select what you want to watch from a list.
I'm "looking into it", but i can't give you any estimates on when (if ever) this idea could actually materialize.

Edited by peco328
1 hour ago, peco328 said:

@Chipendale
yes, of course i thought about it :) ...
not as replacements though, but rather as a sort of "Video on-demand" option for the TV - where you could select what you want to watch from a list.
I'm "looking into it", but i can't give you any estimates on when (if ever) this idea could actually materialize.

Fair enough. Figured I'd ask because I remembered that LixxiClits is a thing and I personally think your stuff would be more immersive.

@Chipendale no prob, what i'm saying is that straight up replacements for movies would allow only 10 videos at once - and i already have more then 5 times of that... plus it also requires the Movie Hangout Stuff DLC pack... so I'd rather do something that fits all my content to be present at once, also I would like it to be Base Game compatible as well.