Knee and elbow smoothing

• 1 year later...

Well, i have the same issue. Actually several.

1) with some animations, especially on the knees, the knee it self overlaps for some reason. I am not using any heel slider but body sliders for breast, face and butt.

2) since i am using not EA body textures and mesh, i notice that the ass is not as round and smooth as of the NPC. It looks kind of like with spikes. I have to post a picture for that.

3) nylons/socks. They are all great but i wonder if thats a Sims thing that the sock and nylons do not lay over the toes like they do in the real world.

Picture for that.

These are just minor issues really. But i want to make sure that i did not install something that causes these issues.

Cheers.

2021-08-30 08_35_22-The Sims™ 4.jpg

2021-08-30 09_55_01-The Sims™ 4.jpg

Edited by wutpickel
1 hour ago, wutpickel said:

3) nylons/socks. They are all great but i wonder if thats a Sims thing that the sock and nylons do not lay over the toes like they do in the real world

Most - if not all - the stockings/socks are just textures. They warp around the 3D model, and can't change its geometry. So this is to be expected, if you're using a feet replacement mod.

1 hour ago, wutpickel said:

1) with some animations, especially on the knees, the knee it self overlaps for some reason. I am not using any heel slider but body sliders for breast, face and butt.

The 3D models for The Sims are kinda crudes. Maxis hide the issues by working around the limitations. But this isn't the case for modders. So yes, there is some jank with some poses/animations but there isn't much we can do about it.

The Sims 4 was already obselete at release, using technology from the early 2000. So this kind of issues can't be easily solved, even with mods.

7 minutes ago, LittleDoxy said:

Most - if not all - the stockings/socks are just textures. They warp around the 3D model, and can't change its geometry. So this is to be expected, if you're using a feet replacement mod.

The 3D models for The Sims are kinda crudes. Maxis hide the issues by working around the limitations. But this isn't the case for modders. So yes, there is some jank with some poses/animations but there isn't much we can do about it.

The Sims 4 was already obselete at release, using technology from the early 2000. So this kind of issues can't be easily solved, even with mods.

The more you know. :)

Thank you so much for explaining.

Like i said, its not a big issue. I am now used to it while playing Fallout 4 with the same kind of issue.

But i did not know that Sims 4 was already obsolete at the time of release. Still, i think it looks better than Sims 3. 

And, at least i know its not something i broke with the mods i installed. That was kind of the biggest concern.

2 hours ago, wutpickel said:

3) nylons/socks. They are all great but i wonder if thats a Sims thing that the sock and nylons do not lay over the toes like they do in the real world.

42 minutes ago, LittleDoxy said:

Somewhere, I just can't remember for the life of me, is a bit of CC that makes it so that the individual toes don't show like that. Maybe it was Dallasgirl or somebody that made something to get rid of it. Fuck having too many concussions. I just remember seeing that someone had made it where you wouldn't get the toes when using improved feet and then having the crazy sock issue. Sorry for not really helping any.

?

42 minutes ago, GreyMouse said:

Somewhere, I just can't remember for the life of me, is a bit of CC that makes it so that the individual toes don't show like that. Maybe it was Dallasgirl or somebody that made something to get rid of it. Fuck having too many concussions. I just remember seeing that someone had made it where you wouldn't get the toes when using improved feet and then having the crazy sock issue. Sorry for not really helping any.

?

Yes, i think what you mean was her Feed addition with nails. Love her work. :)

Well, its not bad really, it just look odd. But if the game itself is more restrictive in what anyone can do, just have to ignore it or wear other shoes. :)

11 minutes ago, wutpickel said:

Yes, i think what you mean was her Feed addition with nails. Love her work. :)

Well, its not bad really, it just look odd. But if the game itself is more restrictive in what anyone can do, just have to ignore it or wear other shoes. :)

Yeah, that was one thing but I was thinking of something else. This is what I was thinking of https://simminglena.tumblr.com/post/186326156529/wearable-maxis-feet-for-necrodogs-hd-feet. Sorry for jumping in on this. I just really leave mine with the toe socks since I use Better Body feet. Can't really stand how the other 3D feet look.

?

2 hours ago, GreyMouse said:

Yeah, that was one thing but I was thinking of something else. This is what I was thinking of https://simminglena.tumblr.com/post/186326156529/wearable-maxis-feet-for-necrodogs-hd-feet. Sorry for jumping in on this. I just really leave mine with the toe socks since I use Better Body feet. Can't really stand how the other 3D feet look.

?

Oh yes, indeed. 

Sadly, this only works if no shows are worn. But the results are great. I think this is one of Maxis slot issues. :(