Fallout 3 Modding

Greetings all Fallout 3 modders and players alike.

I have a question to ask you guys/gals about modding fallout 3. I've been modding oblivion like there is no tomorrow, now my question is:

Does modding fallout 3 work a lot like oblivion? Yes? No? Kind of? Because I have a bunch of armor that won't fit to oblivion's era, and well, I was a avid player of fallout 3, so making them for Fallout 3 is preferred.

Regards

I have a question to ask you guys/gals about modding fallout 3. I've been modding oblivion like there is no tomorrow' date=' now my question is:

Does modding fallout 3 work a lot like oblivion? Yes? No? Kind of? Because I have a bunch of armor that won't fit to oblivion's era, and well, I was a avid player of fallout 3, so making them for Fallout 3 is preferred.

Regards

[/quote']

Generally speaking, yes. It is a lot like Oblivion. However, Fallout 3 / New Vegas does have a dismemberment system so you need to adjust the armors to that (I think).

Other than that, it's the same old story of blender and nifskope again. Just make sure you use the right export settings in blender.

I have a question to ask you guys/gals about modding fallout 3. I've been modding oblivion like there is no tomorrow' date=' now my question is:

Regards

[/quote']

Generally speaking, yes. It is a lot like Oblivion. However, Fallout 3 / New Vegas does have a dismemberment system so you need to adjust the armors to that (I think).

Other than that, it's the same old story of blender and nifskope again. Just make sure you use the right export settings in blender.

Good to know thanks, I'll study up on all that is needed to get everything to work for Fallout 3. Luckily it isn't completely from scratch. :D

Thanks for the help.

Regards

haha wow I must have been sleepy yesterday. In that case with me it takes about 10-20 minutes to convert and adapt the body shape from Oblivion (HGEC) to FO (I use a custom version of Type 3M), the skeleton is different and the breast weights are different from BBB to BNB so you usually have to reweight at least the the chest part of the clothes. The leg bones remain the same IIRC.

Oh alright

Well I do have the GECK and all that as well. Do I need a updated version of nif tools and nifskope.

For the most part I want to mod Fallout 3 by adding armor/clothing and a lot of new weapons. XD

A few months back I touched a bit on the GECK, but luckily now I have way more experience so I'll give that a go once all my oblivion mods are complete.

Thanks for the help everyone, I appreciate it.

Just want to know if anyone know where I might be able to find a tutorial on how to create custom weapons, using blender to fallout 3

Reason for asking is I've been searching for a while now and what I could find is quite fairly limited, to how you can mod Fallout 3. I have all the Section 8 weapons, and I want to add them to Fallout 3, but I'm not sure what needs to be done for them to work in fallout 3.

Regards

Archived