How do I merge 2 body textures? (FSM + treasured stockings)

Stewfree

I recently reinstalled Windows to fix some issues and neglected to backup my NMM install info. I decided to start with a fresh install of FO4, but one of the things I'm having a hard time recreating is using my favorite stockings from Kerq on the FSM body. I had done it myself by following a tutorial somewhere on the internet that I can no longer find. I know it involved using a free program of some sort to open both textures and deleting the duplicate layers. Unfortunately I can't remember what the video was called and I'm having a hard time remembering what google phrase brought it up. Can someone point me in the right direction?

13 minutes ago, Stewfree said:

I recently reinstalled Windows to fix some issues and neglected to backup my NMM install info. I decided to start with a fresh install of FO4, but one of the things I'm having a hard time recreating is using my favorite stockings from Kerq on the FSM body. I had done it myself by following a tutorial somewhere on the internet that I can no longer find. I know it involved using a free program of some sort to open both textures and deleting the duplicate layers. Unfortunately I can't remember what the video was called and I'm having a hard time remembering what google phrase brought it up. Can someone point me in the right direction?

there is a few programs that should be able to do what you want, I use Paint.net

this is based on the assumption that both textures use the same model otherwise this is a waste of time and effort

basically you can copy and paste one texture onto a new layer of the other and then you can start to remove parts of the skin of the stockings texture until it looks fine

and then you could modified the layer blending (by double clicking the layer) and choosing Additive or Multiply on that layer.

to finish it, simply flatten the image and save

Archived