Sexy Dance mod explained

burnIt

Some folks... OK, one other guy showed a little interest in this plugin. I kind of liked this plugin, and I took a long look at its scripts, so I figure it merits a thread even though it's so similar to Stripper. I'm basically just going to ramble here, and maybe put it in better order if someone really wants it that way. Even if this doesn't help anyone, I can at least organize my notes here.

First of all, there's a lot of timing and animation and tokens in this mod. If you use it with something like Lovers, which also has a lot of timing and animation and so on, it might not work right. If you're having problems, try loading it last, or unloading plugins that have a lot of idle animations.

I oughta mention I only played this plugin in quest mode with female characters. Also, this was all about half a year ago, so I might get some stuff wrong.

I'll start with the technical stuff on how dancing works.

The way that the dancing works is kinda sorta explained, but not very well. You are given a stone that does nothing when used from the menu, but which has a script attached that waits for you to use it from a hotkey. So the first thing to do once you have the stone is to assign it to a hotkey like you would do for a weapon (I use 5). You can hit the hotkey number by itself (I'll call this NK for No Key), or you can hold Left Shift (LS), Right Shift (RS), Left Alt (LA), or Right Alt (RA) while hitting it. So if I say "hit RA" I mean "hold right alt and hit the hotkey to which you bound the stone."

It's important to remember that if you use the stone while sneaking, you'll brings up the config menu. You can change a bunch of settings here including the key bindings. If you change the key bindings, you'll have a really hard time following me here.

If you are not dancing when you hit your hotkey, you'll start dancing in the basic dance (the pelvic thrusts). If you're dancing and you hit RA, you'll stop dancing. You shouldn't do anything else while dancing (drinking potions is probably OK). The plugin isn't THAT fragile, but why push it?

You have to wait a few seconds after changing dances before any of the dancing keys will work, including RA.

Now, how the actual dancing works is a little confusing. You start off in the basic dance when you hit the hotkey and begin dancing. Each dance is assigned a number internally in the game--the basic dance is #1. Now, there are 16 dances but only nine animations, meaning that some dances do not have unique animations. This is really confusing. You'll do something cool, and then have no idea how you did it. We'll take care of this later on.

So you start off in dance #1. Each of the four possible key combinations (NK, LS, RS, and LA) lead you to do a different dance, and the four possible new dances are based on the dance you are currently doing. Here's an example: you are not dancing, and so you hit NK to start. You start at #1. Then, you hit RS, and you'll do #5. If you hit NK again now, you start doing #14, not #1... IF you have passed a certain point in the quest. If you haven't, you do actually start doing #1 again. Now remember that you don't see any of these internal details. See how it gets confusing? What if #14 and #1 had the same animation? That's why people get confused.

This behavior happens because there is a "default" dance assigned to each key. If you hit that key, you do that dance. However, there are also three exceptions for each key. If you hit the key when you are dancing a particular dance, you do something else instead of the default dance.

Here's an example: if you hit LS, you'll start doing dance #2 UNLESS you were just doing dances #3, #6, or #14. If you were doing #3 and hit LS, you're now doing #8 instead of #2. Hitting LS with #6 gets you #7.

Now, when I said "something cool" earlier, I meant one of the special dance effects. To make a certain effect happen, you have to dance a particular dance number. To get to a particular number, you follow a "progression" (or a walk) through this web of dance numbers.

This all boils down to this: the most straightforward way (but not the only way) to get a particular special effect to happen (to attack, for instance) is to start from the basic dance (#1) and then hit the key combinations in a particular order depending on the effect. For instance, the simplest attack is #1, LA, RS, LS. What makes this straightforward is:

• all special effect combos can be started from dance #1
  • #1 has a unique animation and is easy to identify
  • you can always get back to #1 by hitting NK twice

Now, the audience interactions are completely separate from the progression of the dance that gets you special effects. I'll talk about them later.

Up next is stuff specific to quest mode. Like I said, I only played quest mode, so it's possible some stuff isn't actually unique to it.

Quest mode basically makes you work for the equipment and special effects (I'll call them perks here) that you are presumably given in non-quest mode.

The overall idea of quest mode is that there are five apprentices of this dance master guy, who has this secret ancient art of killing people by dancing (something like that). You can pretend you're Ken from Fist of the North Star, except that guys will be jacking off on you before you make them explode. You need to find the master, get him to teach you how to dance, and then... well, the quest really starts. The real quest is engaging each of the students in a one-on-one dancing competition. You have a kinda-hidden dancing skill that levels up like Acrobatics or Blunt or any other stat--that is to say, you earn experience while you are dancing, and gain a level of the skill when you earn enough experience doing it. As your dancing skill increases, you get less fatigued while dancing, earn more money, do more damage with your attack, and get better reactions.

The competitions require you to earn more money than the NPC. This essentially means that you need to have a certain skill level to beat each one, since that's the biggest single factor affecting how much money you earn. This is because a better dancer not only can dance for longer (fainting counts as a loss, and you have to make it at least a certain number of seconds) but you also entertain the crowd more. Each audience member has his own entertainment level--I don't think the details are important, as long as you remember that anything that makes the crowd like you more gets you more money. The crowd likes stuff like:

• high dancing skill
  • specific dance numbers
  • more bare skin (i.e. less equipped while you are dancing)
  • special dancing clothes (combined with one of the perks)

It's also important that you change dances as much as possible, since the "pot" of money you are going to earn only increases when you actually change dances.

To start the quest, you have to pick the quest option from the box that appears when you activate the plugin. After that, go to the Chorrol gate (the stables). You should see Gwendoline talking with a Bad Boy. Watch the little scene, and then talk to Gwen. Navigate the dialog and she'll put the Dance Master's Cave on the map. It's kind of in the hills northwest of town, if I remember right.

When you get to the cave, talk to the master. When you get to the point where he's dancing for you, you have to do the same sequence that he did to show him you understood. I'm pretty sure it's just NK (to start dancing) LA, RS, LS. You should explode--which shouldn't kill the master at your level of skill. You can now proceed with the rest of the main quest.

Basically, travel around dancing for people, and defeat each of the apprentices. Leeton in Skingrad is the easiest, and, if you wear the armor she gives you when you win, your dance skill training goes somewhat faster.

The apprentices' difficulties go in this order, from easiest to hardest:

Leeton (Skingrad)

Saphia (Cheydinhal)

Maybelline (Anvil)

Narel (Leyawiin)

Gwendoline (Chorrol)

Beating Leeton gets you her training bands. I modified what they did, but if I remember right they should make training slightly faster at the cost of more fatigue drain. They might not work right in the basic plugin, though.

Beating Narel lets you use the dance progression that gets you the fatigue-restoring Breath of Dance effect. It's slightly useless since you can drink potions of restore fatigue that work much better.

Beating Maybelline makes the alchemist in Skingrad sell dancing clothes. Since she's not set to sell clothing, you need your Mercantile skill high enough that you can sell anything to anyone--I forget how high that is. Otherwise, you won't see the clothes in her menu. These clothes will turn transparent if you use a certain dance sequence while wearing them. This, naturally, makes the audience much happier.

Beating Saphia allows Claudette Perrick in the Imperial City to sell you one kind of dancing potion, if you bring her the ingredients. While it's active, you gain dancing experience faster.

I forget what beating Gwendoline gets you. Maybe nothing.

There's also a quest for a secret potion of dancing, but I forget entirely about that one. It's basically a version of the regular dancer's potion that causes your dancing XP go up even faster.

I guess I should mention stuff about audience interactions.

I'm kinda assuming you have audience masturbation turned on.

Basically, every time you change dances, everyone watching you has a chance to "participate." That means clapping, whistling, or fapping. The member can't participate if they are currently doing one of those three things, or for a while after they stop their animation.

As far as my memory goes, every audience member has a hidden statistic X that starts off equal to their responsibility. Responsibility is a hidden NPC statistic that, in the basic game, controls how they react to crime, whether they buy stolen goods, and so on. Every time you change dances, X is first set back to the NPC's responsibility. X is then modified by which particular dance you were PREVIOUSLY doing, what clothing you are wearing, your dancing skill, and a random factor. What the NPC does is based on the value of X at this point.

So, the NPC can only react once for each dance, and what they do is partly random, partly based on their responsibility, and partly based on what you do.

Better reactions get you more money when you finish dancing.

And, last, about the explosion:

Like Gwendoline did, you can kill people by dancing. There are two sequences of dances that trigger this attack. If you have the "effect shader" option on, you'll see a red effect on your character one dance before the attack. You can avoid attacking by using a dance other than the last one in the sequence, or by using RA.

The amount of damage you do with the attack is a fixed amount that's modified by what you're wearing (less is better, and clothing is better than armor) and your skill level. The amount of damage you do is increased slightly every time you change dances; there's a "pot" of damage just like the "pot" of money that you'll make at the end of the dance. And, of course, the pot is emptied after you use an attack (or if you stop dancing).

You can only hurt NPCs (not creatures) with dancing, and any NPC who is in the audience will get hurt. You can only hurt a particular NPC with dancing once in any day.

Well, I should also give you guys the key sequences for the special dancing effects:

See the first spoiler tagged bit if you can't understand these sequences.

There are two attack sequences, both of which I am pretty sure give the same results. The second one is slightly longer, and that lets slightly more damage build up in the damage "pot."

#1 LA^ RS* LS

#1 LA LA LS^ NK* RS

The next sequence is the "transparent clothing" sequence. It only works for dancer's clothes.

#1 LS RS^ LA* NK

The last sequence is the Breath of Dance effect. You must have defeated Narel in order to do #14, so effectively you can't use Breath of Dance unless you defeat her.

#1 RS NK^ LS LA

The ^ and * marks denote the dances that the audiences like more. The * dances are especially effective.

Remember, it's the NUMBERS that matter, not the keys. The keys just have to be hit in these sequences to the number at the end of the sequence.

If someone REALLY wants it, I could make up a map for the dance numbers.

Anyhow, if anyone's interested, I can try to dig up more information about the plugin. To be honest, the version of the plugin I play is significantly altered: I cleaned up the English in the plugin, but also made a bunch of other changes that would be really tough to undo (custom races for a few NPCs, more cum shaders, different behavior for some of the items). If your plugin behaves differently than this description, it might be because of one of those changes (I can't remember if the extra damage for wearing light shoes vs. armor is in the original plugin, for instance). But the basics should all be correct.

I don't have redistribution permission for the ESP or, especially, the animations and models. So I don't really feel comfortable posting the ESP. Most of what they say in the mod is in this post. If there was a lot of demand, I could make an ESP with just the cleaned up dialog.

Geez. I didn't mean to write a book.

Archived