Custom Weapon

Yukihirou

I'm not a fan of weapon pack or weapon collecting, and I want my mod list to stay as short as possible, also I'm fond of multi-purpose weapon so I'm planning to make one for personal use.

The problem is I don't know how to mod or script or whatever so I'll make do with what I already have, So i'm here to ask some question regaring this question, hope I can get some help ^^:

-First, I already have a favorite weapon mesh and texture and all, now I want to make it 9x shots laser shotgun, will changing the number of projectile in FNVedit help me do this ?

-I also want it to have shotgun related perk, so I change it to use guns skill instead of energy weapon skill, is that all or I have to manually add perk to the weapon ( man, don't have any ideas how to do that )

-Same as the previous question, but between 1 handed and 2 handed, If I switch this weapon from 2 handed to 1 handed, will there be a consequence ? (like perk missing or something like that). Yes, I use shield ...

-Now, about the script thing, I love the charge weapon of Project Nevada and I want my weapon to be able to charge too, How? Should I consider using a chargeable weapon as base and twisting the hell out of it or adding Project Nevada chargeable script to my weapon ( If so, how? )

-... A scope to this already messed up thing, will that...be okay? 0_0

-I also have a scripted weapon which enable multi target locking, If I manage to add all the things I mentioned above to this weapon, will it conflict (cuz there's two scripts, one from PNevada and one from this weapon I have)

Sorry if I offended any of you cuz of my stupid grammar, and thank in advance, everyone !!

PS: Also sorry if this sound greedy, but in my playthrough, a HS mean instand death, I don't wanna hit my laptop-chan out of frustration >.>

5 whole years playing VN, this's my first time trying a western game and I'm kinda fond of it ^^

My only suggestion here is to skip multi-targeting and go with a high rate-of-fire and a low action point cost per shot instead. The game has a default targeting system called VATS. The only limit to the number of targets you can select is how many action points you have available. I'm not sure the game engine can handle the kind of multi-target selection you're describing.

hm.... So all the others things I mentioned (which is my theory only, no test yet) are true right ?

And about the multi target I'm talking about, it's just: Target aimed at with scope in a special detection mode will be highlighted and marked as "Locked", when the weapon fire, it teleport the bullet to them, that's all, the damage caused by this is very weak compared to direct shot, that's all. Let's me check which mod it is....

Yup, I just tested it, everything works fine now, there's just only 2 thing I don't understand yet:

First: How to add your own weapon into the chargeable weapon list of Project Nevada core.esm (Using FNVedit)

Second: If I want my laser shotgun to use shotgun perks (Shotgun Surgeon, And Stay Back !), not Energy weapon perk (Meltdown...), what should I change in FNVedit ?

Yup' date=' I just tested it, everything works fine now, there's just only 2 thing I don't understand yet:

First: How to add your own weapon into the chargeable weapon list of Project Nevada core.esm (Using FNVedit)

Second: If I want my laser shotgun to use shotgun perks (Shotgun Surgeon, And Stay Back !), not Energy weapon perk (Meltdown...), what should I change in FNVedit ?

[/quote']

Both of your questions involve adding the weapons to the appropriate formlists. You have two options; add the required mods as masters to your weapon so you can add the items to the formlists directly or through a script (recommended) OR dynamically bind to the mods and add the weapon to the formlists through code (recommended).

To make a weapon affected by shotgun surgeon perk it needs to be added to ShotgunSurgeonWeaponsList [FLST:0016578A] and requires you master FalloutNV.esm.

To make a weapon affected by and stay back perk it needs to be added to ShotgunSurgeonWeaponsList [FLST:0016578A] and requires you master FalloutNV.esm.

To make a weapon affected by PN's chargeable weapons functionality it needs to be added to PNxCWeaponChargeList [FLST:XX00BC15] and requires you bind to Project Nevada - Core.esm or master it.

An example of dynamically binding to the Project Nevada - Core.esm and adding a weapon to that formlist:

int iIndex
ref rRef
if GetGameLoaded||GetGameRestarted
   if IsModLoaded "Project Nevada - Core.esm"
       set iIndex to getModIndex "Project Nevada - Core.esm"
       if iIndex
           set rRef to BuildRef iIndex 48149 ;PNxCWeaponChargeList
           if rRef
               AddFormToFormList rRef YourWeaponREF
           endif
       endif
   endif
endif

If you just add the esm as a master you should use code to add the weapon:

AddFormToFormList PNxCWeaponChargeList YourWeaponREF

That avoids your mod modifying the weapon list explicitly and becoming incompatible with other mods that need to modify the list. The above code assumes you're using a quest and a quest script that runs the above in a GameMode block.

Archived