Reputation Off Switch

2 hours ago, bellablanche said:

The absolutely broken reputation system is driving me nuts

ciao/salut Bella,

hope this finds you well, and perhaps a bit more unflustered? ? 

is the Reputation System you refer to part of KW? if so, why not post your question on Oniki's thread?; you'll surely have a better chance of having it answered.

cheers.

I do have Master Controller (plus a feq other NRAAs mods) but I can't find a way of killing the system. 

The main issue is I have a ployamarous relationship, but they keep accusing each other of cheating. Yes, I can reset their relationship with MC, but I'd rather it not keeo happening in the first place.

3 hours ago, bellablanche said:

I do have Master Controller (plus a feq other NRAAs mods) but I can't find a way of killing the system. 

The main issue is I have a ployamarous relationship, but they keep accusing each other of cheating. Yes, I can reset their relationship with MC, but I'd rather it not keeo happening in the first place.

i see, milady Bella.
there are several NRaas modules where this can be disabled. if you have Woohooer module installed, please try this:

1. click on City Hall or on a computer; when the wheel menu opens, click on:

2. NRaas —> Woohooer —> Romance —> Jealousy Level —> None

when the wheel menu closes, please repeat the 1. Process and click on:

3.  NRaas —> Woohooer —> Woohoo —> Jealousy Level —> None

jealousy should the be completely disabled.
hope this helps.

cheers.

5 hours ago, bellablanche said:

Turns out I already had both disabled, so they did not turn jealousy off completely. I did however notice that the jealousy chance that a sim would react to woohoo was set to 25. I changed it to 0, which should hopefully kill it.

good point, milady Bella;
thanks for the follow up.

while doing a brief research on the subject (Sims 3 LTR), i found this article on Mod The Sims explaining how the Cheating/Jealousy system works. it's a quite confusing one, as the article author (and developer of this Relationship Mod) asserts.

hope this somehow helps you.

ciao, signorina Bella. 

7 hours ago, bellablanche said:

Turns out I already had both disabled, so they did not thrn jealousy off completely. I did however notice that the jealousy chance that a sim would react to woohoo was set to 25. I changed it to 0, which should hopefully kill it.

Here try this it should disable Romance Visibility. Their Reputation will still change as there is no reliable way to stop that but they won't suffer the consequences.

Just one thing though if you have all 3 sims living in the same house that won't work as it's literally impossible to kill the visibility if they all live together, one of them has to live in a different house. Otherwise your just playing with fire. And don't have 2 sims flirt while the 3rd is present that doesn't work either.

Woohooers options only work with woohoo situations it doesn't work with romance (flirting) and if you woohoo with one of the sims while the other is in the same house that won't go well either.

And the Reputation System isn't broken and you may not realize it but it's actually pretty close to how it is in real life (depending on the people involved).

Gotta remember the Sims 3 while it is Life Simulation, it's also a parody and in this case the Reputation System is making fun of drama queens and drama kings.

This modifies the Romance Visibility XML use Delphy's Dashboard to check for conflicts.

RomanceVisibilityDisabled.zip

33 minutes ago, ZenBuddhist said:

hey, Namaradus,

thanks!

No problem.

1 hour ago, ZenBuddhist said:

while doing a brief research on the subject (Sims 3 LTR), i found this article on Mod The Sims explaining how the Cheating/Jealousy system works. it's a quite confusing one, as the article author (and developer of this Relationship Mod) asserts.

And don't use that mod by Severedsolo it doesn't work right as they tried to edit things they shouldn't have and it can and will cause errors.

On 8/2/2019 at 8:27 PM, namaradus said:

Here try this it should disable Romance Visibility. Their Reputation will still change as there is no reliable way to stop that but they won't suffer the consequences.

Just one thing though if you have all 3 sims living in the same house that won't work as it's literally impossible to kill the visibility if they all live together, one of them has to live in a different house. Otherwise your just playing with fire. And don't have 2 sims flirt while the 3rd is present that doesn't work either.

Woohooers options only work with woohoo situations it doesn't work with romance (flirting) and if you woohoo with one of the sims while the other is in the same house that won't go well either.

And the Reputation System isn't broken and you may not realize it but it's actually pretty close to how it is in real life (depending on the people involved).

Gotta remember the Sims 3 while it is Life Simulation, it's also a parody and in this case the Reputation System is making fun of drama queens and drama kings.

This modifies the Romance Visibility XML use Delphy's Dashboard to check for conflicts.

RomanceVisibilityDisabled.zip 5.4 kB · 1 download

The reason the system is broken is because it refuses to acknowledge when one relationship ends, and also creates romantic interest almost at random. Perhaps in isolation it works, but not with the rest of EA's wacky romance simulation. So random sim with the flirty trait hits on your sim at the bar, suddenly they're romantically involved with you, and you've just cheated. 

As an example, I have three sims: Molly, James, and Tom. Molly was with Tom briefly, then got with James. I got a notification that people were clueing on to the fact that there was something between Molly and James at their WEDDING, because there is no way to end the relationship between Molly and Tom (It's just romantic interest, not going steady, so they can't break up.) Molly and Tom haven't met up since, but I keep getting slammed with reputation warnings every time Molly and James get romantic in public. In other words, the game thinks that Molly is cheating on her ex, with her husband. So much for real life.

I got a notification that people were clueing on to the fact that there was something between Molly and James at their WEDDING, because there is no way to end the relationship between Molly and Tom (It's just romantic interest, not going steady, so they can't break up.)

The interaction Ask to just be friends will end a romantic interest.

So random sim with the flirty trait hits on your sim at the bar, suddenly they're romantically involved

It takes more than just some random flirting to make them romantic interests. If it is happening from just some random flirting you probably have either an outdated mod breaking things or you have a mod conflict.

In other words, the game thinks that Molly is cheating on her ex, with her husband. So much for real life.

Have you ever been around a drama queen or drama king? If you haven't then you're lucky.

By the way if you have ever gotten into a relationship with one or just flirted with one even if you no longer have anything to do with them, anyone you date or have a relationship with after them they consider it cheating on them. So yeah real life. 

Archived