Vampirism not working right.

I am trying to play as a vampire using "Better Vampires", "Royal Bloodline", and the "Better Vampire/Royal Bloodlines Patch."  But when I transform into a vampire I do not have all the abilities the vampire is supposed to have.  I only have the night vision and vampire drain powers, and the active effects like "resist frost."  Also although my vamp is fully fed it still say he is "blood starved" in the active effects window.

I know this isn't right cause I have played as a vampire dozens of times both modded and vanilla, and never had this problem.  Using "Better Vampires"  I am supposed to get a set number of powers and active effects, but I only get the two powers I mentioned above, and when I feed it used to say "fully fed."  But not anymore.

The only thing I can think of is that the mod "PSQ Player Succubus Quest" messed up the scripts.  I have copied and pasted all the vampire and dlc1 scripts extracted from the Misc.bsa, and I have installed the "Better Vampires" scripts and I still have the problem.  I've tried completely uninstalling the succubus mod but that does not help.

I use Vortex and it does not report any conflicts or missing files.

Has anyone had a similar problem?  If so how did you fix the problem?  Or does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

4 hours ago, Kain82 said:

I use Vortex

That's most likely your problem right there. Vortex has -NOT- been good at organizing mods lately. You're better off trying to reinstall BV and Royal Bloodline yourself instead of letting Vortex do it. Also, in BV you only get a few powers and stat increases when becoming a vamp, you'll get more as you rank up, and that can be managed with the MCM

4 hours ago, Taven said:

That's most likely your problem right there. Vortex has -NOT- been good at organizing mods lately. You're better off trying to reinstall BV and Royal Bloodline yourself instead of letting Vortex do it. Also, in BV you only get a few powers and stat increases when becoming a vamp, you'll get more as you rank up, and that can be managed with the MCM

Thank you for the reply.  I did manually install "Better Vampires", "Royal Bloodlines", and the patch that makes those two compatible.  I only use mod managers for "FOMOD's", and those mods are not that.  I do remember getting a few more powers than night vision, vampire seduction, and life drain.  I've loaded those three mods near the bottom and I still have the same problem.  

1 hour ago, Kain82 said:

Thank you for the reply.  I did manually install "Better Vampires", "Royal Bloodlines", and the patch that makes those two compatible.  I only use mod managers for "FOMOD's", and those mods are not that.  I do remember getting a few more powers than night vision, vampire seduction, and life drain.  I've loaded those three mods near the bottom and I still have the same problem.  

You did do it manually, and it's -STILL- acting up? ..That's peculiar.. Hmm, well atm I can only suggest this, if you downloaded them both in the middle of a playthrough, that might be your problem. Skyrim does weird things when you download something that changes enough of it's system, like with vampirism..and sometimes the only way to get a mod to act right is a new game. Might help if you can post your load order, but atm, a new game is all I can suggest..and yeah, I know how annoying that is to do. ><

Hey thanks once again for the reply.  I am starting a new character and still have the same problem.  I think somehow the "Player Succubus Quest" mod messed some thing up, since it shares the some files for vampirism.  I am enjoying playing an Incubus, ut now I have an idea for a new character who's a vampire.  When I get home later on tonight I will post my load order. :)

Archived