Creation kit SERIOUS HELP GAHHH

mclericp

i tried this

http://j-u-i-c-e.hubpages.com/hub/Hot-to-Turn-Your-Skyrim-Character-into-a-Follower

Well, i got myself a follower, but the person looked nothing like my player character.

I am using custom hairs, prettyface pack+enhanced character edit, eye colour mods and extended hair colours. Also use CBBE with BBP.

Problem is, i dont know how to get all these mods into the follower. I am at my wits end and googling didnt really help me.

Would be extremely grateful if someone could tell me how, or give hints

You have to load these mods up in the Creation Kit.

Select "Open" and then check all the mods you want to load. (For example all of your custom stuff)

Then create your follower using all your resources, make sure to press ctrl+f4 to export the face data and you should be fine. Configure the weapons and all then you should be good to go.

Just save it and activate it.

To be honest if you don't know how the Creation Kit works you shouldn't really be messing around with it. It would be best to get someone else to make it for you.

You have to load these mods up in the Creation Kit.

Select "Open" and then check all the mods you want to load. (For example all of your custom stuff)

Then create your follower using all your resources' date=' make sure to press ctrl+f4 to export the face data and you should be fine. Configure the weapons and all then you should be good to go.

Just save it and activate it.

To be honest if you don't know how the Creation Kit works you shouldn't really be messing around with it. It would be best to get someone else to make it for you.

[/quote']

i want to take it as a challenge. besides, if i know it now, in future i can have no problem making more followers or tweaking them.

I think i know why. I did load those mods up, but i didnt Ctrl F4. Guess thats why some people say it is the most common mistake.

edit: ok i tried. When i double click on enhanced character.esp, the whole Ckit freezes when i press ok. Dunno why, but i need this esp in order to get the additional faces

:idea: As in, when you try to load all those, CK says no?

Make sure you have added the line:

bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

Under the "General" section in your SkyrimEditor.ini file, located in your Skyrim folder.

When you have opened your CK and are selecting your Data files, I'm assuming you can just tick/check the box next to all the .esp's/.esm's in the list that you want to use on your follower, along with the .esp you are saving to (ie: in this case, the one *containing* your new follower) marked as "Active". That should just load them all up so you can use their properties as part of whatever you're working on.

You may still need to do a little manual editing to the follower's appearance in the CK - do bear in mind though that they may look slightly different in the CK's render window than in-game. I generally find it helpful to temporarily remove the "tintmasks" folder from ...\Data\Textures\actors\character\character assets before opening the CK, and then replace it when I am done editing. This avoids a number of bugs caused by the CK not handling some edited tintmasks well. Be sure to put the "tintmasks" folder BACK where you found it when you're done!

As always, your mileage may vary! Gregahit speaks the truth - I also would most definitely recommend watching a tutorial video or two if you're unfamiliar with the CK! :)

EDIT: Damn... while I was typing all this up, the conversation moved quick...

:idea: As in' date=' when you try to load all those, CK says no?

Make sure you have added the line:

bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

Under the "General" section in your SkyrimEditor.ini file, located in your Skyrim folder.

When you have opened your CK and are selecting your Data files, I'm assuming you can just tick/check the box next to all the .esp's/.esm's in the list that you want to use on your follower, along with the .esp you are saving to (ie: in this case, the one *containing* your new follower) marked as "Active". That should just load them all up so you can use their properties as part of whatever you're working on.

You may still need to do a little manual editing to the follower's appearance in the CK - do bear in mind though that they may look slightly different in the CK's render window than in-game. I generally find it helpful to temporarily remove the "tintmasks" folder from ...\Data\Textures\actors\character\character assets before opening the CK, and then replace it when I am done editing. This avoids a number of bugs caused by the CK not handling some edited tintmasks well. Be sure to put the "tintmasks" folder BACK where you found it when you're done!

As always, your mileage may vary! Gregahit speaks the truth - I also would most definitely recommend watching a tutorial video or two if you're unfamiliar with the CK! :)

EDIT: Damn... while I was typing all this up, the conversation moved quick...

[/quote']

i added

bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1, but for some reason, whenever enhancedcharacteredit.esp is checked, my ckit crashes. I tried the tintmask method and still the same. It says it cant find some strings...

in fact, i noticed 2 things:

enhanced character edit.esp would crash if loaded with skyrim.esm

If loaded by itself, no effect ingame

which brings me to: ALL mods DO NOT work with the Ckit.

For example, i ticked roguearmor.esp when i start the Ckit. I then placed the rogue armor in the inventory of my follower. Saved etc etc, go ingame, everything BUT the rogue armor is there!

i just want to make one follower so that i can play as a male for once in my next playthrough and use my former player character as a companion :(

but for some reason' date=' whenever enhancedcharacteredit.esp is checked, my ckit crashes. [...'] It says it cant find some strings...

I had the same issue when loading some mods, CK crash after a message error saying something about strings.

Turned out to be a localization problem in my case. I fixed it by adding sLanguage=SPANISH (I have Steam and Skyrim in spanish) under the [General] section in the files SkyrimEditorPrefs.ini and SkyrimEditor.ini which are located on the skyrim folder (wasn't sure which file I had to modify and I modified the two)

but for some reason' date=' whenever enhancedcharacteredit.esp is checked, my ckit crashes. [...'] It says it cant find some strings...

I had the same issue when loading some mods, CK crash after a message error saying something about strings.

Turned out to be a localization problem in my case. I fixed it by adding sLanguage=SPANISH (I have Steam and Skyrim in spanish) under the [General] section in the files SkyrimEditorPrefs.ini and SkyrimEditor.ini which are located on the skyrim folder (wasn't sure which file I had to modify and I modified the two)

so i add SLanguage=English? Ok let me try

OK, i dont know what sorcery you did, but that worked. Wow, thank you! Now i just need to get it activated ingame, which...the follower doesnt use it :(

OK' date=' i dont know what sorcery you did, but that worked. Wow, thank you! Now i just need to get it activated ingame, which...the follower doesnt use it :(

[/quote']

As in, the NPC is still wearing some kinda default clothing? There are console commands which will allow you to view their inventory and remove items. From memory(?), these are:

To view NPC inventory: stand in front of NPC, open console, click on the NPC (a coded number of some kind will appear in the middle of the screen - that's their ID), type "showinventory". (You can also use "openactorcontainer").

To remove items from NPC inventory: Follow the above, and browse their inventory. Look for the items/item codes you wish to remove, and type "removeitem [item id here] 1".

HOWEVER...

Often, unless the item you want them to equip actually has a HIGHER armour value than their default, NPC's will just generate a new version of their default & equip it once you've left the cell (ie: the area they're in).

OK' date=' i dont know what sorcery you did, but that worked. Wow, thank you! Now i just need to get it activated ingame, which...the follower doesnt use it :(

[/quote']

As in, the NPC is still wearing some kinda default clothing? There are console commands which will allow you to view their inventory and remove items. From memory(?), these are:

To view NPC inventory: stand in front of NPC, open console, click on the NPC (a coded number of some kind will appear in the middle of the screen - that's their ID), type "showinventory". (You can also use "openactorcontainer").

To remove items from NPC inventory: Follow the above, and browse their inventory. Look for the items/item codes you wish to remove, and type "removeitem [item id here] 1".

HOWEVER...

Often, unless the item you want them to equip actually has a HIGHER armour value than their default, NPC's will just generate a new version of their default & equip it once you've left the cell (ie: the area they're in).

I still have a big problem though. The follower will not use my modded hairs. I assigned ZZsimshair7 to the follower, and ingame she just used default nord hair. Help??

OK i will end the thread here. I done it :D

I managed to create a follower exactly looking like my PC with all the hair mods etc.

Only thing is, somehow, the follower looks even more prettier than my PC...Jealous =.=

Guess it is time to start a male nord. Thanks for all the help.

Archived