Need a tutorial to port XNALara characters to Skyrim

maybenexttime

• 3 weeks later...

Need to ask what 3d app that you use first (blender/3dmax,maya.etc) because you need to re-rig the model so it can be use in skyrim.

XNALara is real time posing and rendering program. models are usually comes with .mesh/mesh.ascii format...most are rigged with bones even its an object i think you should know about it first and i take that you already have XNALara installed in your computer.

i'm using blender 2.49b just so you know. with Blender scripts for import/export .mesh.ascii format so i can import the model without having XNALara installed (mostly for objects, weapons stuff).

For character model here what i do

- Open it with XNALara, pose it close to Skyrim T-Pose.

- Export it with "Export Selected as .mesh.ascii(posed).

- Import the file that you just exported from Blender. sometimes you got warning after importing in blender, i just ignored it.

- Rescale the model, fit it again to base skyrim T-pose and rig/skin it.

- Set the texture, set UV for map input and export it.

Base tutorial

Blender : NIF Import - Export Tutorial

Blender : Creating armor for skyrim

XNALara : XNALara poser program and utility, Blender Scripts for .mesh.ascii format.

• 4 weeks later...

Did you manage to convert it to skyrim, I would like to know as well how to do it.

I got all the tools but there is just the scripts for import/export .mesh.ascii format that do not works.

what do you mean they do not work ? failed on import ? been using it all the time, always work on my end...

or make sure you use right version of blender (mine 2.49b).

I have this version, but more precisely (sorry, I should have done it on my first post), I previously download the files :

ImportMeshAsciiExtended          

exportMeshAsciiExtended           

But I don't really know where to put it, I read that It should be on the script file of blender, But I Really don't have it so

I tried to put it in the script file of python, just to see what happen, but nothing change

what OS that you use ? did you installed by default or did you put it on custom directory...and no you should'nt put it in phyton.  

for better, just R-click your blender shortcut, click properties -> find target. it should lead you with opening your blender directory. in there you should see a ".blender" folder, click it then you'll find "scripts" folder. inside it you put the ImportMeshAsciiExtended into "import" folder and exportMeshAsciiExtended  into "export" folder. youre done.    

On Windows, The Blender's Scripts Folder, (.blender/scripts), 
will be in either, 
C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender/.blender/scripts (XP &Vista) 
or it will be in, 
for XP: 
C:\Documents and Settings\Brendon\Application Data\\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts 
For Vista: 
C:\Users\Brendon\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts 
The key here is when you install Blender it asks you if you want to install to Application Data, 
As it's the first choice & we're in a hurry & it sounds good, This button often gets pressed. 
If you read the other options, you can choose to install Blender in; 
C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender/.blender/scripts, 
or a directory of your choice. 

Archived