Can not remove quest item issue in Sarah's Sorrow

Ronaldjames

Hello again.

I'm playing the Gold edition and I ran into a problem.

When I open the crate on top of Cadlew Chapel, I can't put the special Black Soulgem in it.

It seems to be marked as a quest item that I can't drop.

I tried several things but nothing seems to work.

I can still use the gem for charging items, but the next part of the mission is not triggered.

Please give me the code for starting the next stage of the quest.

Love and a happy new year,

Ron

Hi Ron,

My mistake as the way to deal with it is... peculiar to say the least.

Just have it in your inventory and activate the trunk. That should do it and also messageboxes can be stacked thus hidding each other.

Tell me if it worked!

HNY!

Hi Ron' date='

My mistake as the way to deal with it is... peculiar to say the least.

Just have it in your inventory and activate the trunk. That should do it and also messageboxes can be stacked thus hidding each other.

Tell me if it worked!

HNY!

[/quote']

Hi Grumpf,

Thanks for replying.

In my game I have to lockpick the crate with 4 pins, "hard" I believe. In the crate is one small sougem and a little money. It behaves like a normal loot chest.

I have to admit that I am playing the Claudia mod within the normal Oblivion game, something you warned against in the read-me file.

I took the risk and tried it anyway. I was going to try to play CLS up to the boat level and then finish Oblivion before the travail.

Maybe the problem is that I was also carrying the special soulgem for the Mage guild quest.

I was hoping you had the setstage number so I could pass this part of the mission and progress.

Thanks.

Hi Ronald,

The only thing I can think of is another mod interfering with the script attached to the trunk.

You take the gem with you, unlock the trunk and activate it and you should have a popup saying you did so hidden behind the window with the trunk's contents.

If all fail, here's the code to trigger:

SetStage VToyQuestSarah 60

Thanks a lot, Grumpf !

I don't think it had anything to do with CLS.

It's just that Bethesda make great games, only they do it with really bad engines.

I've had technical issues with Skyrim, Fallout, Fallout New Vegas and now with Oblivion. The unofficial patch for Oblivion is great though. It's a bit sad that the fans have to fix a commercial product because the game makers can't be arsed ! To even bring out a program with so many bugs should be illegal. But I guess we'd all still be playing Quake 1 then ;)...

Archived