Animations don't load

So, I've dowloaded the latest version of WW and followed the instuctions (I've dropped WW in the Mod folder, authorized mods and scripts, relaunched the game then dropped the rest of the mods, including animations), but now even though I can use WW, the mod doesn't recognize any of the animations I downloaded. Anyone knows what might have caused this ?

Can you post a picture of your folder? Also you WW mod is in a folder within the mod called "WhickedWhimsMod," right?  Double check to ensure you only have two WW files and not multiples by accident. Having multiple files will keep it from showing up.  

2 hours ago, RUASim21 said:

Can you post a picture of your folder? Also you WW mod is in a folder within the mod called "WhickedWhimsMod," right?  Double check to ensure you only have two WW files and not multiples by accident. Having multiple files will keep it from showing up.   

Here you go for the picture (is there no way to insert an image directly in a post btw ?). The whole folder didn't fit on my laptop screen so I only captured what I thought was relevant:

https://ibb.co/BTBZLdS

As you can see the folder is here, and there are two folders inside it, no more.

2 minutes ago, Shiftee said:

Here you go for the picture (is there no way to insert an image directly in a post btw ?). The whole folder didn't fit on my laptop screen so I only captured what I thought was relevant:

https://ibb.co/BTBZLdS

As you can see the folder is here, and there are two folders inside it, no more.

There shouldn't be two folders inside the Wicked Whims folder. The mod should just be directly in the WickedWhims folder. You can't put script mods more than a folder deep in the mods folder

26 minutes ago, WickedAssistant said:

There shouldn't be two folders inside the Wicked Whims folder. The mod should just be directly in the WickedWhims folder. You can't put script mods more than a folder deep in the mods folder 

I meant two files, sorry I misled you. Does everything seem to check out in my mod folder ?

1 hour ago, Shiftee said:

I meant two files, sorry I misled you. Does everything seem to check out in my mod folder ?

Create a mod list and let me look at your entire folder structure. 

I you're on a PC do this

Create a list of the Mods directory (very easy). See this GIF for reference>>

https://imgur.com/a/h1YE1bM

1) Go to \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods

2) Click on any EMPTY spot in the address bar at the top

3) Type cmd and press enter

4) Type the command below and press enter 

dir /s > mod.txt 

5) You should now see a txt file in your Mods folder called "mod". Upload this file.

I you're on a MAC then do this.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/123898-persisting-last-exception-please-help/?do=findComment&comment=2651715

Anyhow, yes you can do this with a mac using the terminal.

I would, however, suggest going into keyboard options and check the box that says something like (going of memory) "Terminal at tab" and setting a hotkey for it. This is so you don't have to type in the full path to your Mods folder

**Again, going off memory -- I do not own a Mac but I work on them all of the time so bare with me**

1) Preference >>Keyboard>>shortcuts>>service>>"Terminal at tab">>Set a hotkey

2) Go to \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and select "Mods" (DO NOT OPEN just select)

3) Press hotkey to open terminal in Mods folder

4) Type in the command below

ls -R  > mods.txt

5) You should now see a txt file in your Mods folder called "mod". Upload this file.

C:\Program Files\The Sims 4\2 Program Files\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\Mods

Oh boy. You have installed the mods in the wrong The Sims 4 folder.

Mods should go in \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods 

I posted a guide on here someplace on how to start from scratch.....give me a sec to find it. In the meantime, create a folder on your desktop named "temp" and move all of your mods to the folder. 

================

1) Navigate to Documents\Electronic Arts\ and rename "The Sims 4" folder to "Backup". This way you don't lose anything.

2) Start the game (this will recreate a new separate"The Sims 4" folder in Documents\Electronic Arts\).

3) From the main menu, open the game options

menu.png?format=300w

4) Go to "Other" and enable both "Enable Custom Content and Mods" and "Script Mods Allowed" then click on "Apply Changes".

menu2.png?format=500w

5) Exit the game. Download MC from here: https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/releases 

6) Go to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods. Create a folder named "MC".

7) Unzip the MC archive you downloaded and place all of the files in the newly created folder named "MC"

8)) Download wickedwhims again from here: https://wickedwhimsmod.com/help#/download/

9) You should have an archive folder named "WickedWhims 4.3.5.142b - 16 June 2019". Double-click on the folder archive to open it.

10) Inside that archive, you should have 1 folder named "WickedWhimsMod" and a separate file named "OPTIONAL WINDOWS AUTO INSTALLER".

Double click the Auto-installer. When a pop-up comes up asking you to either "Extract All or Run or Cancel".......select Run.

That's it. DOne. Wickedwhims is installed properly.

11) Create a folder in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods and name it "Animations" and then move all animation package files to this folder.

12) You now have the latest version o MC, WW and animations installed. Start the game and start a new game to be sure everything is working. 

If all is good(which it should be) then you can slowly start to move some of your mods from the "temp" folder on your desktop into the Mod folder in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods. 

Be sure to ALWAYS delete the localthumbcache package file anytime you make any changes to your mod folder

This can be found in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 

Ow ! The guide for the version I downloaded recommended that path though...But it seems you're right, I already had an (outdated) version of the game in the EA folder which didn't have the animations but I had guessed that the game would recognize the Mod Folder as long as it was itself in the Game folder. Turns out only the mods in the EA folder mattered so I just dropped the animations there an it works now ! Sorry if that wasn't clear, but the point is that I got it working as intended. Thanks for the help !

Archived