Hi everyone, so let me cut to the chase. I have the latest game version (1.52.100) and  the latest version of WW. Now, I was using the Mod Selectable Pets by AOM and every time I'm controlling my pet and click anywhere on the screen I get a Last Exception txt. I also have the mod Better Exceptions and it's telling me that the LE is caused by WW. I double checked myself by going to XML pretty print and pasting the LE txt. Its also telling me that is caused by WW. I'm not sure if WW and Selectable Pets are conflicting or if its just one of them that's actually broken. according to Better Exceptions and XML pretty print its WW that's broken. Please take a look for yourselves at my LE.

lastException.txt

'sims4.tuning.instances.TURBODRIVER:WickedWhims_Main_Settings'> (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lower_bound'

@wellsj34 This looks like a relationship error but I'm not positive on that. 

Few questions. What was going on when this happened?

Are you getting an error every time or did this only happen once? If it only happened once then I would just call it a one off and not worry about.

Also, do you have KS's slice of life installed?  If so, make sure it's updated and if it keeps happening then post back with the LE and better exceptions.

1 minute ago, smjm81 said:

@wellsj34 This looks like a relationship error but I'm not positive on that. 

Few questions. What was going on when this happened?

Are you getting an error every time or did this only happen once? If it only happened once then I would just call it a one off and not worry about.

Also, do you have KS's slice of life installed?  If so, make sure it's updated and if it keeps happening then post back with the LE and better exceptions.

I get the LE txt every time I'm controlling my pet and I click anywhere on the screen. every time Better exceptions kicks in and I check XML PP is the same message. I do not have KS's Slice of life mod.

14 minutes ago, smjm81 said:

Can you post the better exceptions? 

ok so I tried it again but this time I controlled both a cat and a dog but for some strange reason I only get the Last Exception about WW when trying to control cats and not dogs. this is the Last Exception I got when I tried it again. But yeah, only when trying to control cats I get this LE.

lastException.txt

Try traveling to a base location like Willow creek and make a backup save just to test so you don't lose your original just in case. Try it out at the new location. If it stops then exit the game, delete the localthumbcache and load the save at the new location.

@RUASim21 That was my initial thought too but usually a broken mod will state what it is in the LE and this didn't. So when I checked to see if had been updated I donwload it and installed myself with just MC and WW. I've been messing with it for a hour now trying to reproduce the problem and I'm not getting any errors. 

21 minutes ago, RUASim21 said:

Not sure how helpful this is, but this pops up all over the LE when you read through it "lower_bound."  Have you tried taking out Selectable Pets by AOM because that mod hasn't been updated since Dec. 2018. 

Do you know what "lower_bound" stands for? I have no clue. I haven't tried to remove it and I could take it out. When checking on the Sims VIP for broken mods after the latest patch its still reported as working and my Last Exceptions claims it to be WW. I'll probably remove Selectable pets since WW adds way more game play but if I get another LE then I'll know it was WW.

16 minutes ago, smjm81 said:

Try traveling to a base location like Willow creek and make a backup save just to test so you don't lose your original just in case. Try it out at the new location. If it stops then exit the game, delete the localthumbcache and load the save at the new location.

I did but it also didn't work. I'll remove Selectable pets for the mean time and wait and see if I get the another LE about WW. I'll report back to you in this post if I get another LE. Thank you so much for your help.

2 minutes ago, wellsj34 said:

Do you know what "lover_bound" stands for? I have no clue. I haven't tried to remove it and I could take it out. When checking on the Sims VIP for broken mods after the latest patch its still reported as working and my Last Exceptions claims it to be WW. I'll probably remove Selectable pets since WW adds way more game play but if I get another LE then I'll know it was WW.

Whicked Whims is just catching it, which usually means its something else you have that's conflicting with it. Its rare that with these larger mods that they  themselves are the problem. I have no clue what that interaction is, but do you have any romance mods installed that provide custom interactions? 

1 minute ago, wellsj34 said:

I did but it also didn't work. I'll remove Selectable pets for the mean time and wait and see if I get the another LE about WW. I'll report back to you in this post if I get another LE. Thank you so much for your help.

Your welcome.

I stand corrected. As it turns out @RUASim21 is right. This mod is semi-broken. I was finally able to reproduce the problem and it seems that it happens only at Islands and only with Cats. I you start the game at willow then its fine. But once you travel to the islands it seems to be broken no matter where you go.

lastException.txt

1 hour ago, smjm81 said:

@wellsj34Can you post the better exceptions? I asked someone at mc and they suggested that it's either the settings themselves or it could be the location, which makes sense now that I seen it.

here is the most recent better exception. I also deleted Simulation Lag fix prior to this LE. I did have the updated version of that mod though. Notice the [Mods Explicitly Mentioned in Exception] its all about WW.

ExceptionReport.txt

9 minutes ago, smjm81 said:

Your welcome.

I stand corrected. As it turns out @RUASim21 is right. This mod is semi-broken. I was finally able to reproduce the problem and it seems that it happens only at Islands and only with Cats. I you start the game at willow then its fine. But once you travel to the islands it seems to be broken no matter where you go.

lastException.txt 13.31 kB · 0 downloads

For me no matter what world I try this on I still get the LE. It could be Selectable pets but on my Better Exception it talks mostly about WW.

2 minutes ago, wellsj34 said:

here is the most recent better exception. I also deleted Simulation Lag fix prior to this LE. I did have the updated version of that mod though. Notice the [Mods Explicitly Mentioned in Exception] its all about WW.

ExceptionReport.txt 4.56 kB · 0 downloads

Are you also using the most recent Basemental Drugs Mod and Extreme Violence (because I don't know if Sacrifical has updated yet)? Its not WW, its just WW is catching it for you. 

1 minute ago, wellsj34 said:

For me no matter what world I try this on I still get the LE. It could be Selectable pets but on my Better Exception it talks mostly about WW.

I'm gonna try to talk to Nisa in a sec about this and see what she thinks. She suggested early that it could be the IL EP, that's why I asked if you had it.

Anyhow, thanks for sticking around and just asking a question and then not follow up on it. This was interesting to me because I've seen that specific error before. 

4 minutes ago, RUASim21 said:

Are you also using the most recent Basemental Drugs Mod and Extreme Violence (because I don't know if Sacrifical has updated yet)? Its not WW, its just WW is catching it for you. 

yes I have the latest mods of Sacrificial. Then it might just be Selectable Pets. It could be broken for cats and conflicting with WW.

2 minutes ago, smjm81 said:

I'm gonna try to talk to Nisa in a sec about this and see what she thinks. She suggested early that it could be the IL EP, that's why I asked if you had it.

Anyhow, thanks for sticking around and just asking a question and then not follow up on it. This was interesting to me because I've seen that specific error before. 

Thank you so much because you're going an extra mile for me. Of course ill stick around. I love both mods and its sad that I might just have to give one up. by the way I noticed I accidentally forgot to delete the package for Sim Lag Fix on that Better Exception that I sent you but I removed it and tried again and got the same message. 

41 minutes ago, wellsj34 said:

Thank you so much because you're going an extra mile for me. Of course ill stick around. I love both mods and its sad that I might just have to give one up. by the way I noticed I accidentally forgot to delete the package for Sim Lag Fix on that Better Exception that I sent you but I removed it and tried again and got the same message. 

Most people don't follow through and certainly don't wanna put in the work to find the issue. Your a rare bread, trust me lol.

Anyhow, yeah it's the mod for sure. And honestly, if you wanna play with both mods, I think it's fine. I wouldn't worry about it too much. It seems to still work just fine. just annoying is all.

Dogs are fine, cats are annoying.....same as in real life *ducks from cat lovers* (we have two cats). 

8 minutes ago, smjm81 said:

Most people don't follow through and certainly don't wanna put in the work to find the issue. Your a rare bread, trust me lol.

Anyhow, yeah it's the mod for sure. And honestly, if you wanna play with both mods, I think it's fine. I wouldn't worry about it too much. It seems to still work just fine. just annoying is all.

Dogs are fine, cats are annoying.....same as in real life *ducks from cat lovers* (we have two cats). 

LOL I have a dog but prefer cats and find dogs way more annoying because they're loud. Anyhow, ill probably keep both mods but have less cats in my game play. Thank you for everything. You're awesome!

25 minutes ago, wellsj34 said:

LOL I have a dog but prefer cats and find dogs way more annoying because they're loud. Anyhow, ill probably keep both mods but have less cats in my game play. Thank you for everything. You're awesome!

LMAO. See....different strokes and all. I prefer dogs.

This is how my household works. I have wanted a dog for a long time. Yet, my wife has her siamese --shes about 8 yrs old now, plus she got to keep a stray she was attached too that pass away at about 11 or 12 around a year ago. My son got to keep a stray he got attached too when we first bought our house (admittedly he is awesome). One of my brother's dogs recently had pups and now I'm finally getting my dog after it's weaned which should be shortly after we get back from vacay tomorrow.

Archived