How to modify explosives (grenades, mines, nukes, etc) in FO4 Edit.

I am trying to make my own mod with FO4edit. I feel alot more comfortable in it than I do CK at the moment, so I guess its kind of "if it cant be done in FO4Edit, oh well for now".. IN probably most cases, I did attempt to find the answer on the CK website, or understand their documentation, but honestly to me- that sucks... my C# is boring as heck but explains stuff better.

If I understand, correctly here is what I have found so far. Im attempting to understand it all on a "Explain it like im 5" level, and then an example with.
On the left,
An explosive would show up under a few categories
  1. Object effect
  2. Explosion
  3. Weapon

Category 1, Object Effect:
The relevant fields appear to be under FULL - Name, ENIT - Effect Data, Effects
FULL - Name: What its called in game, be it at a crafting station or vendor
ENIT - Effect Data:
    Enchantment Cost: ??
    Flags: ??
    Cast type:
          Fire and Forget: you throw it, shoot it and walk away as if it didnt happen.
          Scroll: ????
          Concentration: ???
    Target type:
          Touch ???
          Self ???
          actor ???
          location ??? Im not sure how they actually relate to explosions ??
    Effects:
         Base Effect: This is sort of "what damage, or how does it modify ___ does it posion, heal, irradiate?
         Magnitude: ???
         Area: The radius which is hit by this effect. Should match _____ Radius from Explosion Category.?
         Duration: How long does the effect do damage- 10 seconds, 30 seconds????

Category 2, Explosion:
The relevant fields appear to be under DATA-Data
    force: ???????
    Damage: Does it do 10 points of damage, or 100 points. depending on other factors, may scale..
    Inner Radius: Everyone in within this number, will receive the full 10 points of damage, subject to resistances what dothese numbers actually mean, can i think of them is inches,            feet, miles, meters, or bananas?
    Outer radius: Everyone between the inner radius number and this number will receive SOME of the 10 pts dmg
    IS Radius: ???????
    Flags: ????
          Ignore LOS Check: If an enemy is on the other side of the wall when the explosion happens, without this flag theywont suffer damage.
         Sound Level: ???? does this relate to Radius at all, meaning if someone was outside the radius for a LOUD sound theywould hear it, but if it was silent- no one would?

Category 3, Weapon:
The relevant fields appear to be under DNAM- Data, FNAM - FNAM
   DNAM:
      Min Range: ???
      Max Range:????
      Attack delay: Once you fire the bullet or throw the grenade when does damage actually start to be applied? inseconds?
      Flags:
          Player only: who can use it, can only NPCs use it, or only the player
          Non Hostile: If you throw it or shoot it in diamond city, well the guards attack you??
     Damage - Secondary???
     weight: does it weigh 5 pounds, 10 pounds, or weightless, or some halfsie?
     Sound Level: how loud is it, do the intended victims hear it before its too late, or never know something is coming?
     Animation attack seconds: then the explosive explodes, how long do the clouds remain?
FNAM
      Animation fire seconds: ????
      Override Projectile:????

-------------
So where Am I trying to go with this?
Maybe I want a nuke, that makes no noise, has no animation but a larger area of effect?
Maybe I want a smoke grenade that when thrown doesn't aggro anyone, and equally fills up the area of 2 sanctuaryhouses equally for 20 seconds, ignoring LOS?
Maybe the grenade deals poison damage, and coats everyone in that poison look you get when being attacked bybloatflies, but how do I do that?

Archived