Unable to load game files??

Hi all,

This may not be the best place but its the only place i can think of to ask this question.  Also, I have only been playing the game for a few weeks and have little experience with its quirks and issues.

After the June Update that knocked WW into broken craziness, my current game file became "Unable to load error code 111. . ." resulting in me loosing access to a game with a lot of hours put into it. So, i launched the TS4, loaded my save game, started getting the WW errors, saved and exited and looked up the issues here and suggestions.  Then launched TS4, loaded the same game file and bang got the message that the file was unable to load. Tried to load an earlier version [recovered], played that save game file for a bit using the fixes for WW, saved and exited.  went back to TS4 after trying some of the fixes (and discovering sooo many new mods it made me giddy and not just adult ones mind ya) that recovered game, became unplayable with the same error code.

Worse yet, started a whole new sim and game, a few hours into it, one log out, and it also got the same unable to load error.

I removed WW from the NEW game, and it loaded fine.

That's the situation, here are the questions:

The unable to load game issues, is that related to WW and the update?

If Yes

- please advise on method to fix

Else

Can i ever get back the previous 50+ hour saved game? 

If Yes

- please advise on the method to fix

Else

What the hell is going on here???

Thanks in advance,

Trickster37

1) Navigate to Documents\Electronic Arts\ and rename "The Sims 4" folder to "Backup". This way you don't lose anything.

2) Start the game (this will recreate a new separate"The Sims 4" folder in Documents\Electronic Arts\.

See if the game starts now. If it does then you can follow the rest of the instructions on how to install MC and WW properly if you don't already know how.

3) Go to game options and check the box that says "Script Mods Allowed".

4) Download MC from here: https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/releases 

5) Go to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods. Create a folder named "MC".

6) Unzip the MC archive you downloaded and place all of the files in the newly created folder named "MC"

7) Then Follow this:

1. Download wickedwhims again from here: https://wickedwhimsmod.com/help#/download/
  2. You should have an archive folder named "WickedWhims 4.3.5.142b - 16 June 2019". Double-click on the folder archive to open it.
  3. Inside that archive, you should have 1 folder named "WickedWhimsMod" and a separate file named "OPTIONAL WINDOWS AUTO INSTALLER".
  4. Double click the Auto-installer. When a pop-up comes up asking you to either "Extract All or Run or Cancel".......select Run.

That's it. DOne. Wickedwhims is installed properly.

? Download NisaK's hotfix from here: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/5002-nisa’s-wicked-perversions/

9) Unzip the archive. You will have a file named Nisa_WW_Hotptach.package

10) Move this file to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods <--DO NOT put the file in a sub-folder.

Hey SmJm81,

Okay that sort of worked.

I had to start a new sim; but, all the mods like MC and WW worked fine as well as the hotfix.  Your guide needs to get pinned somewhere..lol.

BUT

My previous save games get the same error: "Unable to load game error code 111:eaFd. . . "

I also cannot get a restored version of the save games.

So, my issue was a miz of Mods issue (resolved) and Loading Saved Game issues.  The last remains unresolved. Although restarting is nto a bad thing since i learned a lot about this game..and why people find it addictive

thanks!

Tricks

7 minutes ago, trickster37 said:

Yes, and said "no save available" or something along those lines..

Trick

Then more then likely when you saved the save file before you didn't take the older saves with you. And it sounds like your current save is corrupted and there's nothing you do about it, that I know of. Or it was already corrupted before your last save.

Archived