Random Crashes

deskchairlamnp

Try running boss to fix your load order, http://code.google.com/p/better-oblivion-sorting-software/downloads/detail?name=BOSS%20v2.1.1%20Installer.exe&can=2&q=

If that doesnt work, I suggest you search for the mod that is causing the problem by disabling every mod and slowly moving through your list of mods till you find what causes it. If you find the mod that makes you crash, try reinstalling that. If that doesnt work either then I suggest to play without the mod till it gets updated or something.

Enable papyrus log, delete any mods what change AI, delete PISE / asis, if you have, only can be used some parts of pise, what can be used in wrye bash patch. reset game cells, what about Vsync ? are you using it ? if yes - turn off.

next, like prew. user said, grab BOSS, it's can actual give some advance about load order. some mods conflict, very strong. Will ben ice see your mod list. I have probable ALL posible skyrim problems already, starting from a one NPC fix, in CK, ending CTD, in special "time" of a game day, and special area / events, CK textures bug on a clean game, script freeze, scrips delay e.t.c. e.tc.

One of important things to do - > http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25859 downaldo this, and "run" all mods, enabled, after it's finish, copy ALL information, and up on a http://pastebin.com/ because it's will be huge file, this can show you what kind or errors mods have, what conflicts e.t.c.

Usual follover NPC - mods, cause tons of bugs, since they EVIL. and in interiors, they can do this.

and, last but not list. what about mods what run scrip, all the time? do you have mods like this ? animated prostitution / predator vision / aasx (somehting like this) this is only small part of mods what run scripts working all the time, so simple, it's add more stress on your game - > it's crash.

actualy, if you have CTD close to even zones (game area where summons random npc / monster, like vampires who call you, or dragon fight with gigant, or some khajit's / assasins e.t.c.) This can be " fixed" by a cell reset, actualy you need do this every time when you delete/update mods.

Oh, i forgot, - NO BODY, will give you 100% solution, it's not work for this game. only small advance, where to dig.

Something that fixed my fairly random unreproducable CTD's was a texture compression with Optimizer Textures. I also run BOSS but I use it to fix more on load CTD's that come with using mods. I also don't run any of the larger spawn rate mods, like Warzone.

But yea, anything that adds to the game will add strain, that includes textures and graphics.

Most of the common stuff against CTDs is already named, but I may have another solution for CTDs and that is the console command "pcb" (purge cell buffer), it unloads cached cell. Vanilla skyrim caches a lot of cells that were used or may will be used, but it sometimes doesn't unloads them fast enough and your ram gets full and CTD, I use it before and after cell changes (remember cell changes also happen in worldspace), the released ram differs between ~100MB up to ~800MB depending on how big and how many the unloaded cells were.

For example I create my char with Alternative Start (1 cell) -> start the Helgen sequence with the cart (1 cell) -> get to helgen (1 cell) => (3 cells) CTD at this point (everytime)

If I use after every cell switch a pcb it works...

Archived