How do i start messing with Blender to create some stuff?

Download Blender, then go to YouTube and choose from about a billion Blender Basics tutorials.  Once you learn the interface and basic 3d modeling you can start looking at how to create and export content for Sky Rim.  I'm sure there are tutorials for that also.

1 hour ago, rafael666 said:

Download Blender, then go to YouTube and choose from about a billion Blender Basics tutorials.  Once you learn the interface and basic 3d modeling you can start looking at how to create and export content for Sky Rim.  I'm sure there are tutorials for that also.

Why would i bother with Skyrim?

Not sure if blender is the most comfortable program for creating 3d models, i would advise you to find easy 3d modeling program like 3d max, maybe zbrush etc that can easily make uv maps (that's important), and then just import them in blender, and already using blender and Sims4studio implement it into the game

18 hours ago, fekoll said:

I really would like to create a penis mesh/mod, but the tutorials are just for SFW stuff you know. Where do i even begin?

Go to http://sims4studio.com/thread/661/index-custom-content-tutorials-poses and check out the beginner meshing section. But if you´ve never done any 3D work before, expect to be overwhelmed. No getting around that really.

As sstormyy said, Blender is meh, but you should stick to it since most tutorials that are Sims 4 specific use it. You will also need at least an image editing suite like Photoshop. I think people tend to use GIMP as a free alternative. Finally you need s4studio to put the fruits of your labor into the game itself.

13 hours ago, sstormyy said:

Not sure if blender is the most comfortable program for creating 3d models, i would advise you to find easy 3d modeling program like 3d max, maybe zbrush etc that can easily make uv maps (that's important), and then just import them in blender, and already using blender and Sims4studio implement it into the game

Blender does everything those other programs do, it's also the only tool compatible with sims 4 studio so it's best to use blender and learn how to do with that since that's exactly what you need when making new mods for sims 4. You can easily edit/make new UV maps in blender also.

19 hours ago, fekoll said:

I really would like to create a penis mesh/mod, but the tutorials are just for SFW stuff you know. Where do i even begin?

Like a bunch of others say it's probably best to get sims 4 studio, then get the blender version that's most compatible with studio and then go through those SFW tutorials and learn the functions in blender, when your able to make new objects and clothing in the game then you're ready to move onto custom mesh's. There's really a whole learning curve you should try to go through rather then jumping right into what is quite complicated stuff if you're a beginner.

If I was trying to learn working with 3D meshes in Blender (which I'm not because it seems complicated ?), I'd probably start trying to create something simpler, maybe accessories such as piercings, rings or earrings. You'd still learn how to work with meshes, basic weighting, texturing and what not, but the meshes themselves would be simple and self-contained.

Archived