Did not want to clog up the AAF main thread with what seems like more a pain in the butt moment or 30. First off, pretty sure this is not an AAF glitch but the results of too many animation packs, mod heavy load orders, heavy scripted FO4 cells. I have AAF running successfully for all of 4 days now, have no PC tech savvy, or modders know how. Which means I have no answers or fixes, just a bunch of legit questions:

1) Too many animations? Variety is great but what are the chances we would ever see all of the animations available in our FO4 lifetime? So would slimming down our animation packs give the AAF brain a break from sorting out all the choices? If we are choosing, what offers the best package for the buck, most animations, most action, etc. My favorite ones are those that have cum spurting during the animation stages.

2)Too many like mods that do similar stuff? Sexual Harrassment, Sex Attributes, RSE Prostitution, RSE Karma, Sex Em Up, RSE Violate, Surrender mods, and etc, etc., etc. How many of us have all the toys in our load order just so we do not miss any available character experiance? Do any of these mods break AAF causing it to overthink?

3)Random Sex Mods? I totally love any mod that allows NPCS to approach me for sex (must be male vanity), out of nowhere, breathlessly chasing me down because they neeeeed me. But ,could what makes these immersive, also burden them with scripts that hinder AAF's brain?

As I stated , a ton of questions. What do you think? Any fixes or success stories?

This was a fix given to me by another member. Changing the timer to 30 fixes the problem. Works every time.

The issue here is propably with gathering phase? The animation starts when actors get into position or when specific timer expires, 90 seconds by default. I have the same issue, NPC goes about to do their own thing instead of doing my character.

You don't need to reinstall the whole AAF setup if you're willing to overlook this issue of NPCs, as there's an easy workaround. When your in-game AAF menu is open (HOME key by default), press PAGE UP to skip the gathering phase and start the animation. You can also edit AAF settings by going into data/aaf/settings.ini and going all the way down to the walk timeout timer and changing 90 to something like 30.

It's not that issue if your AAF menu doesn't show anything regarding actors and current animation settings.

• 2 years later...