How to add Apachii Sky Hair to NPCs?

So, hey all, and sorry if it's wrong section.

My question is, how do make Apachii Sky Hair work on NPCs?

When I first downloaded the game from Davy Jones for testing, all the NPCs (or at least the ones I actually interacted with) were using ASH, and even in character creation on new game my character would have an ASH hair as default.

I was pleased with the game and all, so I bought it, and well.....not sure what I did, but now I can't get ASH to work on NPCs no matter in which order I installed and reinstalled them.

Anyone knows how I could fix the issue? The NPCs looked much better with ASH than the default ones.

On 5/30/2019 at 12:00 AM, Rylalei said:

So, hey all, and sorry if it's wrong section.

My question is, how do make Apachii Sky Hair work on NPCs?

When I first downloaded the game from Davy Jones for testing, all the NPCs (or at least the ones I actually interacted with) were using ASH, and even in character creation on new game my character would have an ASH hair as default.

I was pleased with the game and all, so I bought it, and well.....not sure what I did, but now I can't get ASH to work on NPCs no matter in which order I installed and reinstalled them.

Anyone knows how I could fix the issue? The NPCs looked much better with ASH than the default ones.

simple way is to use the ordinary woman and overwrite with bijin series of mods.

a bit more technical (if you are using modded skyrim) will be shiva hair replacer

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/82708

23 hours ago, YourFriendlyDragonborn said:

simple way is to use the ordinary woman and overwrite with bijin series of mods.

a bit more technical (if you are using modded skyrim) will be shiva hair replacer

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/82708

Thank you for the suggestions.

Tho what I mean is when I first installed the game, I did something and NPCs had ASH from the get go, now I just can't get them to have it again.

I don't know what I did, new to Skyrim and modding, so.....sorry if my question is dumb.

On 5/29/2019 at 8:30 PM, Rylalei said:

and even in character creation on new game my character would have an ASH hair as default.

that's because mod was replacing femalehairnord01.nif with hair x renamed to that

and npc head were regenerated with those replaced nifs

and now, you have just install a random mods that add new hairs

that mod add new hairs, and thats all (how about reading what the mods you are installing, are doing?)

to get other hairs on npc, you install a mod.... that give new hairs to npc

and just giving another hairs to vanilla npc, it's not enought

190602014049891728.jpg

vanilla is on the right

elven vampire, huge mess, available headparts distributed randomly

that npc don't have elven eyes, it have brows not available for that race (so no brows), and the nose morph suck

because of that mess you need npc replacer (that do more than just replacing the hairs, afflicted weren't generated randomly, they are all the same)

On 6/1/2019 at 6:57 AM, drunken_strumpet said:

are you talking about this? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/15411

No, tho I did try that one yesterday, seeing Ulfric with that type of long hair was fun but I removed it as it was a bit too....annoying for my taste.

Let my try to rephrase, maybe I said it bad in the OP. When I first got my hands on the game, I installed almost all the mods I have now, didn't use mods like the one above, but the NPCs had ASH, all of them, I don't know what I did, as I said in the comment above your's, I'm new to Skyrim and modding, so yea, noob here. Everything was cool and fine, I liked how everything looked, so I bought the game, I installed the same mods and there was a major difference. All the NPCs have their normal hair, not ASH and no matter how I tried to reinstall the mods or put them differently in the load order via Vortex's before/after, I can't get them to work as they did originally.

8 hours ago, yatol said:

that's because mod was replacing femalehairnord01.nif with hair x renamed to that

and npc head were regenerated with those replaced nifs

and now, you have just install a random mods that add new hairs

that mod add new hairs, and thats all (how about reading what the mods you are installing, are doing?)

to get other hairs on npc, you install a mod.... that give new hairs to npc

and just giving another hairs to vanilla npc, it's not enought

190602014049891728.jpg

vanilla is on the right

elven vampire, huge mess, available headparts distributed randomly

that npc don't have elven eyes, it have brows not available for that race (so no brows), and the nose morph suck

because of that mess you need npc replacer (that do more than just replacing the hairs, afflicted weren't generated randomly, they are all the same)

I'll have to give it right back at ya with the snarky comment, how about you read what the OP actually says?

I didn't had mods that give new hair to NPCs, the only hair mod I had when I first installed the game was ASH, yet all female NPCs had it, the male ones didn't, but when I reinstalled the game after I bought it, NPCs didn't have ASH but the default hairs, and no, it wasn't just 1 ASH hair on all female NPCs, but a lot of different ones.

Without any additional mods, all the NPCs had ASH, now they don't.

9 hours ago, Rylalei said:

I'll have to give it right back at ya with the snarky comment, how about you read what the OP actually says?

i did, and i know what you did, even if you don't

believe what you want, i don't care

Archived