Is there any interest here for a gts mod?

MikeHaggar89

I don't really know if this is the right place for something like this, but here goes. I'm currently starting work on a rather ambitious giantess mod for CK2. It would essentially be a complete overhaul of the game, with new characters, events, nations, religions, etc, and I've already gotten some members to help. However, due to this project's obviously large scope, I would need a far larger team than what I currently have to actually be able to develop it, so before I properly start looking for a team, I'd like to know: Would any of you be interested in a mod like this, and is this a good place to look for new members? If anyone wants, I'd be more than willing to answer questions regarding our progress and what we're planning to do going forward.

I've actually been looking into making the mod myself, attached to another mod that I'm developing (it's a vore mod). Since I myself like the idea of gts (It's a kink o'mine), I got into thinking a bit about the concept of it. I wanted it to be a closed system, but at the same time, there's an allure about adding a religion about it that is hard to resist. I actually called it the 'Amazonian mod' or something like that when I did a couple concept ideas on it, focusing on the idea of ancient magic that a woman can find (or a man, since now there is a snippet of code that can turn you from make to female and vice versa) in a book, starting their transformation down the line in becoming GTS herself, the bigger she gets the better traits she gets, the bigger bonuses, and the idea that I had was eventually they can form a religion around them, with them being the high god. Alternatively I was also thinking about Giant Gods/Goddesses were around to ruling other realms, and bringing sacrifices. 

(Yes, I've put a lot of thought into it, just not enough to actually get a good start on it.)

While I work on my version, and you on yours (assuming we do our own separate thing) we can share assets, ideas and trait names and the such for compatibility. 

Hey man, unfortunately i can't help you with the mod however i would love it if such a mod existed and wish you good luck.

Also if you haven't already it would probably be a good idea to also post it on giantess city on the games thread (https://www.giantesscity.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=64)

Thank you for responding. I'm really glad to hear there's an audience for this.

On 5/29/2019 at 11:10 PM, Blooda said:

I've actually been looking into making the mod myself, attached to another mod that I'm developing (it's a vore mod). Since I myself like the idea of gts (It's a kink o'mine), I got into thinking a bit about the concept of it. I wanted it to be a closed system, but at the same time, there's an allure about adding a religion about it that is hard to resist. I actually called it the 'Amazonian mod' or something like that when I did a couple concept ideas on it, focusing on the idea of ancient magic that a woman can find (or a man, since now there is a snippet of code that can turn you from make to female and vice versa) in a book, starting their transformation down the line in becoming GTS herself, the bigger she gets the better traits she gets, the bigger bonuses, and the idea that I had was eventually they can form a religion around them, with them being the high god. Alternatively I was also thinking about Giant Gods/Goddesses were around to ruling other realms, and bringing sacrifices. 

(Yes, I've put a lot of thought into it, just not enough to actually get a good start on it.)

While I work on my version, and you on yours (assuming we do our own separate thing) we can share assets, ideas and trait names and the such for compatibility. 

Sounds like a plan. I'd actually really like to talk about ideas and how you implemented them for your mod. Since we're still working out how to implement some of the gts stuff into the mod, It'd be a great help to see how you worked some of those ideas into the game mechanics. So far, I don't really have any assets to share, but I'd be happy to do so once development starts. Btw, does this site have dms, because if so, I definitely wouldn't mind discussing some of this there.

On 5/30/2019 at 4:36 PM, coolreplacement said:

Hey man, unfortunately i can't help you with the mod however i would love it if such a mod existed and wish you good luck.

Also if you haven't already it would probably be a good idea to also post it on giantess city on the games thread (https://www.giantesscity.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=64)

Thanks, I'll try my luck there. Used to visit once in a while but I didn't know there was a modding community there.

On 5/31/2019 at 12:34 AM, lockeslylcrit said:

I would love a GTS mod! But for the Global Trade Station to work, you'd need a Pokemon mod. I don't think there is one out there that I know of.

lol. In all seriousness, though, I did hear someone was working on a pokemon mod, though I'm pretty sure that only gets you some new portraits and descriptions.

Anyways, I didn't expect this to get such a positive reception, so once development progresses and we get a full team, I'm gonna post a more detailed follow-up.

On 6/5/2019 at 10:14 AM, Tinybug01 said:

Thank you for responding. I'm really glad to hear there's an audience for this.

Sounds like a plan. I'd actually really like to talk about ideas and how you implemented them for your mod. Since we're still working out how to implement some of the gts stuff into the mod, It'd be a great help to see how you worked some of those ideas into the game mechanics. So far, I don't really have any assets to share, but I'd be happy to do so once development starts. Btw, does this site have dms, because if so, I definitely wouldn't mind discussing some of this there.

Thanks, I'll try my luck there. Used to visit once in a while but I didn't know there was a modding community there.

lol. In all seriousness, though, I did hear someone was working on a pokemon mod, though I'm pretty sure that only gets you some new portraits and descriptions.

Anyways, I didn't expect this to get such a positive reception, so once development progresses and we get a full team, I'm gonna post a more detailed follow-up.

I'm not big on dms on this site, I do check it (the site) quite often though for updates on other mods I'm interested in. If you have Discord I can send you a message and we can friend one another and exchange info that way. A bit more privately anyway. When you start out modding you'll probably end up like me, cannibalizing code trying to figure it out. I literally cannibalized code from a cannibalism mod to get my vore mod concept up and running. Even though I /NO LONGER USE/ any of that legacy code in my current version of it, that is how I started out. You learn more along the way, experiment, and eventually you figure it all out. You'll still have problems with it and the occasional 'I'VE FORGOTTEN THE FUCKING BRACKET' situation. 

On 6/7/2019 at 8:36 PM, Blooda said:

I'm not big on dms on this site, I do check it (the site) quite often though for updates on other mods I'm interested in. If you have Discord I can send you a message and we can friend one another and exchange info that way. A bit more privately anyway. When you start out modding you'll probably end up like me, cannibalizing code trying to figure it out. I literally cannibalized code from a cannibalism mod to get my vore mod concept up and running. Even though I /NO LONGER USE/ any of that legacy code in my current version of it, that is how I started out. You learn more along the way, experiment, and eventually you figure it all out. You'll still have problems with it and the occasional 'I'VE FORGOTTEN THE FUCKING BRACKET' situation. 

Really appreciate the advice. I'm honestly not super experienced with coding, especially not with a project this ambitious, so I'll probably have to start out like that. The further I get with this, the more I realize just how challenging this might be, but I feel like I learn something new every step of the way. I know it's a bit of a late response, but, in case you're reading, my Discord username is Tinybug01. In fact, I actually have a server on there for it. I'll post a link if anyone's interested.

49 minutes ago, Tinybug01 said:

Really appreciate the advice. I'm honestly not super experienced with coding, especially not with a project this ambitious, so I'll probably have to start out like that. The further I get with this, the more I realize just how challenging this might be, but I feel like I learn something new every step of the way. I know it's a bit of a late response, but, in case you're reading, my Discord username is Tinybug01. In fact, I actually have a server on there for it. I'll post a link if anyone's interested.

You'll need to give me the # fallowed by numbers. You'll see it on the bottom left next to your profile on discord.

• 1 month later...

Just coming in here for a quick announcement. While this mod is in the development stage, I'll be posting updates on my discord server here: https://discord.gg/CeQgVK2 and on Giantesscity here: https://www.giantesscity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=147396. When we finally finish the mod, I'll start posting updates here again, though that won't be for a good while. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Archived