[REQUEST] I did a conversion need .esp

8 minutes ago, ink187 said:

hi! i did a UUNP BS conversion of Heihu but the .esp is made for only one weight... can anyone help me out? i know jack about CK an very little about TESedit..

Heihu UUNP BS.rar 52.32 MB · 1 download

Looking at your download, you need to rename the meshes to "name_0.nif" for 0 weight, and "name_1.nif" for 100 weight.  The names have to be otherwise identical for the system to know they are supposed to be connected.  Then in TESEdit make sure the path name lists either "name_0.nif" or "name_1.nif" so that it knows what to use.

9 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

"Not working right" is a really useless bug report.  What does that mean?

Meaning that... look.. like i said i dont know jack about CK an very little about TESedit which is why this thread is a request.. can you help?

ScreenShot4.png

7 minutes ago, ink187 said:

Meaning that... look.. like i said i dont know jack about CK an very little about TESedit which is why this thread is a request.. can you help?

ScreenShot4.png

You have the paths looking at "CuirassA1.nif" instead of "CuirassA1_1.nif"

9 minutes ago, ink187 said:

COOL it worked.. kinda.. some clipping an missing hands i need to fix.. thanks!

Missing hands might be that armor having slot 34 masked in the ARMA.  Unless your outfit is actually using that slot, best to remove it.

6 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

Missing hands might be that armor having slot 34 masked in the ARMA.  Unless your outfit is actually using that slot, best to remove it.

kinda baffled as to why the .esp is set up this way when the hands seem to be part of the body.. yet the hands/gloves has its own nif.. wondering if i could just import the hands/gloves to the body.. idk...

2 minutes ago, ink187 said:

kinda baffled as to why the .esp is set up this way when the hands seem to be part of the body.. yet the hands/gloves has its own nif.. wondering if i could just import the hands/gloves to the body.. idk...

Sure, as long as you never want them wearing anything else.

Make sure the priority on the armors is something like 5, gloves and boots should be 10.

If the hands are supposed to be part of the overall outfit, then add slot 33 to the bodyslot mask.  (Wouldn't recommend that route though, better to separate the gloves as nature/Bethesda intended).

5 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

Sure, as long as you never want them wearing anything else.

Make sure the priority on the armors is something like 5, gloves and boots should be 10.

If the hands are supposed to be part of the overall outfit, then add slot 33 to the bodyslot mask.  (Wouldn't recommend that route though, better to separate the gloves as nature/Bethesda intended).

the boots are already part of the main mesh an there is no way (in my skill level) that i would be able to separate that.. the gloves/hands however would be nice since it has its own mesh but i dont think the esp is set up that way... i dont have a clue on how to bring in an entirely new item into skyrim which would involve CK.. maybe TESedit but i still dont know how to do that..

You keep saying "you don't know how", but there are literally thousands of tutorials out there for doing just about anything with Skyrim.  Invest the time into learning it - this engine and toolset is the same one used in the Fallout games, and will be the same used in Elder Scrolls 6 and StarField when they come out.

Almost everything can be done with just TESEdit, you don't need the CK for this.

Easiest way to get "new" items in is to copy existing ones from Skyrim.esm.

"Copy as new record to" (pick your mod), and do that for both the ARMO (Armor) item and its associated ARMA (Armor Addon) file, then just change the names and file paths and make sure the ARMO is referencing the correct ARMA (near the bottom).

Experiment.  If you can figure out bodyslide, you can figure out this.

"literally thousands of tutorials" yeah. no maybe some other time but i did manage to fix the hands/gloves by converting an adding a _1 to it in TESedit aswell.. the straps mesh doesnt work.. but i dont think it worked in the original sooo.. if you want to check it out now here it is! make sure check the "ZAP!" box in BS!

thanks for the help!

Heihu UUNP BS.rar

Archived