Changing textures in nifskope

Jormungandr

Alright, it's about this lich king armor http://modtype.doorblog.jp/archives/11374737.html

I contacted the author of that image http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/56452-1351379241.jpg on the nexus because of the neat chainmail texture on it.

He told me he did that himself with his own texture, which would be this: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/28373

Now i've been trying to add the black.dds texture to the BSS entry under "baseshape" in nifskope, which should be the body texture, at least from what nifskopes marked part shows me.

I tried to change the texture path with no success, i even changed all texture paths on all nifs of the body armor. it still kept the body texture, the only thing that happenes is that the inventory meshs texture got screwed up.

post-31581-13597881777995_thumb.jpg

I'm sorry, i'm not very good at explaining things. i mod mostly on Instinct, so i have no idea what i'm doing half the time. :s

but to correct, and add to what i posted earlier,

you put the mail_s in the 8th slot not the 3rd

and in the NiTriShapeData you change BS Num UV Sets from 1 to 4097

I'm sorry' date=' i'm not very good at explaining things. i mod mostly on Instinct, so i have no idea what i'm doing half the time. :s

but to correct, and add to what i posted earlier,

you put the mail_s in the 8th slot not the 3rd

and in the NiTriShapeData you change BS Num UV Sets from 1 to 4097

[/quote']

No you don't need to be sorry. :P I'm always happy to get help, i'm sorry, because i always end up other people doing the work.

Heck the only thing i can do with meshes, besides copy+paste are mashups and not even those work always. :D

For example i don't even know why the mail_s texture path had to be at the 8th slot, i don't even know for what those slots stand for. :P

No you don't need to be sorry. :P I'm always happy to get help' date=' i'm sorry, because i always end up other people doing the work.

Heck the only thing i can do with meshes, besides copy+paste are mashups and not even those work always. :D

For example i don't even know why the mail_s texture path had to be at the 8th slot, i don't even know for what those slots stand for. :P

[/quote']

All i know is which maps go to each slot but there are more slots then type of texture maps i know. :huh:

Not a lot of stuff make sense to me in nifskope. But i can do a lot of things in it, maybe one day i will understand them things :cool:

No you don't need to be sorry. :P I'm always happy to get help' date=' i'm sorry, because i always end up other people doing the work.

[/quote']

All i know is which maps go to each slot but there are more slots then type of texture maps i know. :huh:

Not a lot of stuff make sense to me in nifskope. But i can do a lot of things in it, maybe one day i will understand them things :cool:

I hope i'll get the hang of animations for skyrim one day, but yeah i can't even do proper mashups sometimes, i do everything alright, or at least i think i do, and ingame the armor CTDs the game. That's always frustrating. :dodgy:

Sounds maybe weird, but i find meshes more interesting than textures. :D

I hope i'll get the hang of animations for skyrim one day' date=' but yeah i can't even do proper mashups sometimes, i do everything alright, or at least i think i do, and ingame the armor CTDs the game. That's always frustrating. :dodgy:

[/quote']

Never tried animation, but some times wish i could do it when i find a animation i like but they haven't moved the skirt bones. :-/

And meshes are more interesting, but that might be a bit biased because i can't texture to save my life :(

I hope i'll get the hang of animations for skyrim one day' date=' but yeah i can't even do proper mashups sometimes, i do everything alright, or at least i think i do, and ingame the armor CTDs the game. That's always frustrating. :dodgy:

[/quote']

Never tried animation, but some times wish i could do it when i find a animation i like but they haven't moved the skirt bones. :-/

And meshes are more interesting, but that might be a bit biased because i can't texture to save my life :(

No i find threm more interesting because of dem animations. :D

It's weird really, i ONLY see people who can either texture OR do crazy stuff with meshes, never seen somebody wo could do both. that's kinda scary. I can't texture either, UV Maps and vertices are my nemesis. :dodgy:

Archived