Awkward Silence

Qwaar

Initially, as I came back to New Vegas mods I had a hell of a time actually figuring out what needs to go on my computer in order to get them working perfectly. This time around (first time working beautifully untill fallout decided it was going to CTD on the title screen all the time) I encountered all sorts of errors with animations not working properly.

Most of the time this was because I am a moron.

However, now that I seem to have content installed properly I encounter a problem that I dont know how to deal with. Namely an event will occur that should begin a sex animation, doesn't matter from what, and the two participants will just stare at eachother. They are both frozen, though can be shoved around by curious npc. Now if this was just an occasional 6.2 I wouldn't mind, but this doesn't ever end, its like its waiting for a prompt that killed itself.

It gets worse. There is no indication this has happened, and no consistent cause for me, so I frequently get trapped in it with that entire save (quicksaves and auto's aren't good security I guess). The odd thing is that if I DO catch it early enough I can just load before the bug happened, and do EXACTLY the same thing and have my game progress normally (Lovely canine animations BTW).

Now, what I guess could be happening here is I cocked up a data file and 1 infrequently used animation can be qued and not be available.

ANYWAY, I would like to know if there is a console command I can use to... clear a cache? It doesn't seem like the proper terminology, as any cache should be cleared when I load save or close the game.... but its something that gets stored in the save itself.

Currently I am using the latest sexout.esm (that is the beta one), SCR, sexoutpregnancyV3.esm, sexoutbrutalrapers.esp (considering shutting this one off, I thought I needed it for canine animations earlier, before I figured that problem out), sexoutbreeder.esp, and MCM. I have literally NO other mods other than the DLC that came with the game. Subsequently, this is also the latter half of my load order.

edit: I would like to iterate I am continually impressed by the work of this modding community, and thank you all for a lovely experience.

edit2: Oh balls, found a thread with a similar problem, where it's mentioned that NMM can cause problems like this. Figures. Dont particularly WANT to use nexus mod manager but when fallout died the last time FOMM became impossible to use. I've reinstalled and everything but FOMM wont start without crashing.

You need to purge everything NMM related before installing FOMM. I can't remember which file it is' date=' but something NMM installs fucks up something FOMM needs. Clear the NMM stuff and FOMM should work.

[/quote']

Burn it! Burn it with fire!

Eh, always hated that thang, actually since I started using it for skyrim.

No, I do not want to update my mod, thank you.

Archived