Weight adjustments to power armor.

There are a few things that make power armor a pain in the ass but one of my least favorites is getting in this supposedly powerhouse of strength only to get a message I am now encumbered because for some reason I can carry less in the armor than out if geared with armor upgrades or a backpack. I would love a simple mod that determines base weight and bonus weight, then applies the bonus to power armors carry capacity. It would also be great if I could "attach" heavy weapons to the armor to leave them in the armors inventory if that is even possible.

Well, you can try something. Whether it be FO4Edit or CK, you can modify the power armor's carry capacity. So, in this case I am using FO4Edit with a power armor mod I have as an example of what to look for. Just need to modify the carry weight values and increase them. When you enter power armor, it takes away the gear you have on acting as if it doesn't exist so to speak and the power armor takes priority until exiting. Just this simple change I.E. setting to 1000 for each servos (Leg mod) and you would have 2000 + Base Carry Capacity (+Strength Perks).

image.png.a0846ee0ee78b9c5c8fac6d52174fbcc.png

3 hours ago, SwarmQueen said:

Well, you can try something. Whether it be FO4Edit or CK, you can modify the power armor's carry capacity. So, in this case I am using FO4Edit with a power armor mod I have as an example of what to look for. Just need to modify the carry weight values and increase them. When you enter power armor, it takes away the gear you have on acting as if it doesn't exist so to speak and the power armor takes priority until exiting. Just this simple change I.E. setting to 1000 for each servos (Leg mod) and you would have 2000 + Base Carry Capacity (+Strength Perks).

image.png.a0846ee0ee78b9c5c8fac6d52174fbcc.png

Not as elegant as a self adjusting mod but it is a fix I can do, thanks for the suggestion and instructions!

Archived