Imperator Rome: Mods potential

xereon

Just out of curiosity, who (of modders bunch) is playing the new Paradox title? Do you think it will have potential? 

As long as I have seen it's a middle ground between EU4 and CK2, so there are some events and decisions that can be exploited but also it lacks the micro focus on specific characters like only CK2 does. 

On 4/27/2019 at 3:58 AM, xereon said:

Just out of curiosity, who (of modders bunch) is playing the new Paradox title? Do you think it will have potential? 

As long as I have seen it's a middle ground between EU4 and CK2, so there are some events and decisions that can be exploited but also it lacks the micro focus on specific characters like only CK2 does. 

My impression so far, after 22 hours of play: not really. Someone could create events, like the Stellaris mods and Cosmopolitan, but there's really nothing interesting about characters. Despite the marketing hype about having the character aspects of CK2, all you really do with characters is decide who to assign to various government positions and field commands.

The game is basically just a prettier version of Europa Universalis: Rome, and nowhere near as interesting as either CK2 or EUIV (even without their DLC). 

18 hours ago, genericlogin said:

My impression so far, after 22 hours of play: not really. Someone could create events, like the Stellaris mods and Cosmopolitan, but there's really nothing interesting about characters. Despite the marketing hype about having the character aspects of CK2, all you really do with characters is decide who to assign to various government positions and field commands.

The game is basically just a prettier version of Europa Universalis: Rome, and nowhere near as interesting as either CK2 or EUIV (even without their DLC). 

I'm now at 42 hours of play and I perfectly agree: it's a basic shell of a game with a lot of unexploited potential, sure more will come with future DLC (and that's not good); I think the only thing we can do it's to wait and see

We will have to wait. I'd be interested in doing stuff with it, but just don't what to. If anyone has ideas for lewd mods for it or is interested in creating lewd mods for it message me, maybe we can create something together.

Well, before the game was released, I came up with some ideas about lustful content in that period of time: 

Sacred Band of Thebes - Greek legion that all soldiers are gay couples

Pompeii - hedonistic sexual culture

Goddess Lilith - originally a Akkadian Goddess of night, later absorbed by Hebrew mythology and described as a evil figure

Fertility rite - in various early religions: Hellenic, Phoenicia, etc.

Egyptian sibling marriage - much thriller than Zoroastrian divine marriage

and a lot more.

But after the game was published, I found it is just an ancient version of EU4, or Europa Universalis: Rome II. It's a little difficult to make mods under that game mechanic.

On 5/4/2019 at 10:52 AM, figandsalt said:

Well, before the game was released, I came up with some ideas about lustful content in that period of time: 

Sacred Band of Thebes - Greek legion that all soldiers are gay couples

Pompeii - hedonistic sexual culture

Goddess Lilith - originally a Akkadian Goddess of night, later absorbed by Hebrew mythology and described as a evil figure

Fertility rite - in various early religions: Hellenic, Phoenicia, etc.

Egyptian sibling marriage - much thriller than Zoroastrian divine marriage

and a lot more.

But after the game was published, I found it is just an ancient version of EU4, or Europa Universalis: Rome II. It's a little difficult to make mods under that game mechanic.

Yeah, kind of leaning towards waiting until the game is fun on its own until I make a lewd mod.

Archived