Red Alert IV - News

Guest Lady Luck

Guest Lady Luck

re_alert_3_banner.jpg

Red Alert IV

" Blizzard Parterned EALA , invovling with RED Alert Production Series"

Today we have some big news for you guys. In an email to methuselah, resident Director of CnC, Aaron "Apoc" Kaufman provided information on why Jeremy Feasel publicly informed everyone he was moving over to Blizzard. No other EALA employee has been given the liberty to state in advance their planned new destination.

"Both Jeremy Feasel and Dustin Browder will immediately begin work on Red Alert 4 the week after Starcraft 2 ships to retail", stated Aaron. Both Blizzard employees worked extensively on the development of C&C products. Aaron also added, "another juicy technical detail I have for you includes RA4s development on the SC2 engine." Apoc continued with more details stating: "Because the Starcraft 2 engine is so incredibly flexible and because of Jeremy and Dustin's previous work on C&C we'll move forward with an RA4 beta test in early 2011. Blizzard wants to leverage the more than four years of development time they put into the Starcraft 2 engine."

RedAlert3-2.jpg

Although the Blizzard development studio will make the game corporate EA will publish Red Alert 4. Aaron added this, "Blizzard wants to maintain an aura of majesty with the three pillars upon which the company was built, Starcraft, Warcraft and Diablo. Therefore, it made the most sense to let EA publish, distribute and otherwise create all incoming revenue streams for Red Alert 4."

Regarding the single player campaign Apoc noted: "Cut scenes as you knew them in C&C will still be in, though in a less costly way. The cost savings from expensive Hollywood-style production will be used to extensive play testing and a full six month balance and beta testing phase. Red Alert 4's primary focus will be in the competitive RTS multiplayer aspect."

"After carefully observing SC2 beta activities in North America, Europe and Asia it is clear North Americans need a simpler more visceral RTS. Activision-Blizzard will focus SC2 on the Asian and European e-Sports markets while the simpler and easier to play RA4 will be targeted towards to less sophisticated and more viscerally oriented North American market by EA."

With two distinct products Blizzard feels it can make RTS competitive multiplayer viable as an e-Sport across the globe.

Aaron sort of ended things on a down note informing Methuselah: "I can not provide any further details at this time."

I honestly don't know why they are bothering with the C&C Universe. EA clearly doesn't know shit about what made it great. Look at the giant cluster fuck that C&C4 was.

Competitive RTS multiplayer aspect????? Outside of Korea, no one F'ing does this shit. Sure I have been known to fire up multiplayer mod and play a buddy, but ladder matches???? Really??? Aside from playing the missions, I spent untold hours playing the computer in skirmish mode. I bet they skimp on both the missions AND the skirmish mode in favor of the EA multiplayer bullcrap.

Now they are going to go and ruin the other half of the C&C Universe, by making Red Alert into a starcraft clone. F'ing brilliant :( EA has to have some of the dumbest executives on the planet.

I predict a massive failure coming.

Guest Lady Luck

I honestly don't know why they are bothering with the C&C Universe. EA clearly doesn't know shit about what made it great. Look at the giant cluster fuck that C&C4 was.

Competitive RTS multiplayer aspect????? Outside of Korea' date=' no one F'ing does this shit. Sure I have been known to fire up multiplayer mod and play a buddy, but ladder matches???? Really??? Aside from playing the missions, I spent untold hours playing the computer in skirmish mode. I bet they skimp on both the missions AND the skirmish mode in favor of the EA multiplayer bullcrap.

Now they are going to go and ruin the other half of the C&C Universe, by making Red Alert into a starcraft clone. F'ing brilliant :( EA has to have some of the dumbest executives on the planet.

[/quote']

C&C has too many content already that's why they never bothered to do it, honestly i like EA, unlike Publishers Like Activision remember how they release true crime and pulled it off wow that is seriously bs.

but ea soemtimes they made mistakes and release retarded game but at least give respect to devs , some of the noteable studio like maxis who make sim city 4 and the sims 3 had so many content it pop your balls off this is why they pick good company. i know i must be retarded to say its good because ea has good promoter.

and red alert 4 isn't another sc 2 ripped off, it's entirely new engine but i doubt it has high requirement make low end pcs obselete.

they didn't take skirmishes feature on RA IV , it's the tradition that red alert have and other RTS before that taking skirmishes will pissed off 10 billion fans that are defending red alert series.

common sense ? " don't take off features what u already have "

i will keep updates posted on Red alert news in the future lol i love new title i have herald of the loverslab giving news strait to your phone and pc XDD.

Guest Lady Luck

Agreed' date=' the last good C&C game was zero hour. After that, command and conquer, along with every other game EA published, lost quality drastically. Hopefully EA will realize their mistake at some point

[/quote']

lol ya even though i try to defend red alert franchise is somehow blizzard made a big mistake whatever happend to westwood is generally unkown no source whenever they come back because westwood is the studio that released this game.

lol ya even though i try to defend red alert franchise is somehow blizzard made a big mistake whatever happend to westwood is generally unkown no source whenever they come back because westwood is the studio that released this game.

A lot of Westwood Studios people left when EA took over in 1998' date=' and in 2003 what was left of Westwood Studios were assimilated into EA Los Angeles. But those who left in 1998 and those who left in 2003 founded Petroglyph Games Petroglyph Games (Star Wars: Empire at War).

C&C died with EA taking it over for me...

One friend even said to me Red Alert 3 was good because there was a babe on the front of the CD case!

I still have Tiberian Sun (on a original CD with this animated installation is epic)

Same goes for Red Alert 2 but lost the key the whole installtion was made like a briefing... so great!

Don't find that anymore these days sadly

Archived