Need help creating a simple MCM menu to swtich headparts.

SQr17

I am trying to make a simple MCM menu to switch headparts. Basically, a page with two buttons, one to switch from the default headpart to a new one, and another one to reset to the default headpart (along with checks for male/female).

My knowledge of scripting is limited at beat, so it would be very helpful if anyone would be kind enough to help me or at least point towards a similar mod that I can use as reference.

There is a demo MCM project available in the Fallout 4 MCM's download section that should help you with the basics.  If your MCM is only intended to do something very simple, you might want to consider attaching that functionality to an item or a hotkey instead.

Edit: I came in here from New Topics on the main forum index and didn't see this was Fallout 4 - sorry for any confusion caused by the original version of this post!

1 hour ago, Holzfrau said:

If your MCM is only intended to do something that simple, you might want to consider doing it as a spell instead.

In case you haven't found it yet, here's the documentation for writing MCMs that should help you get started:

https://github.com/schlangster/skyui/wiki/MCM-Quickstart

Thanks for the reply. I did look at the documentation on MCM previously, unfortunately, its not very beginner friendly.

The spell thing is interesting. Are there any mods that do something similar (f4 or skyrim) that I can use as reference?

Archived