Ground object creation issues

I can create a ground object by replacing the armor mesh within a vanilla Skyrim ground object and it works in game but all attempts I've made of making my own collision have failed. If I make it in 3ds I get a crash as soon as I view it in the inventory. If I do the method of replacing the mesh in a vanilla ground object and redoing convex shape in Nifskope I get a crash in game as well.

Could someone point me towards a working guide for ground objects for outfits? For 3ds or Nifskope please.

Sounds like it's not to do with ground objects per se, but the actual nif, you probably have the structure out of whack. You could upload it then I or someone can look at the nif and advise what is wrong with it. Just try to follow the file structure of a working nif from the game.

On 4/19/2019 at 1:22 AM, RohZima said:

Sounds like it's not to do with ground objects per se, but the actual nif, you probably have the structure out of whack. You could upload it then I or someone can look at the nif and advise what is wrong with it. Just try to follow the file structure of a working nif from the game.

I can take a ground object that works then do "Create Convex Shape" in Nifskope which should, to the best of my knowledge, just redo the shape of the collision data. I then have to set the material and radius again and save. This crashes the game every time I try it, no matter what mesh I use.

On 4/22/2019 at 12:13 AM, Fatal said:

I can take a ground object that works then do "Create Convex Shape" in Nifskope which should, to the best of my knowledge, just redo the shape of the collision data. I then have to set the material and radius again and save. This crashes the game every time I try it, no matter what mesh I use.

How far have you come? Many miss the first rows in the nif file. INV and BSX.

To everyone, before Copying Branch, you must delete NiSkinInstance in each NiTriShape, if not you will get an error on Insert.

16 minutes ago, Swe-DivX said:

How far have you come? Many miss the first rows in the nif file. INV and BSX.

To everyone, before Copying Branch, you must delete NiSkinInstance in each NiTriShape, if not you will get an error on Insert.

I can do all of that fine, it works in game. This uses a vanilla collision shape. If you open Nifskope there is a button beside the lightbulb that says "Show Collision" and you can see the shape. A lot of times people will just use box shapes or something from vanilla like a rock or shield. If you use this on a another ground object it may clip through the floor or lay on the ground in a weird way. What I'm wanting to do is what this video shows then right click the mesh and do Havok > Create Convex Shape. This will redo the shape of the collision to match the ground object's mesh. Except if I do that in Nifskope the object crashes the game, so I go from a working ground object like that video explains to make to one that crashes me as soon as I change the convex shape and I'm not sure why.

I've also went through and tried to learn making a ground object with collision entirely in 3dsmax and the same thing happens. I've since ignored the issue and started using a ground object that looks like a box I ripped from the luxury outfit's mod and attached new screenshots to it but I would prefer actual ground objects.

4 hours ago, Fatal said:

I can do all of that fine, it works in game. This uses a vanilla collision shape. If you open Nifskope there is a button beside the lightbulb that says "Show Collision" and you can see the shape. A lot of times people will just use box shapes or something from vanilla like a rock or shield. If you use this on a another ground object it may clip through the floor or lay on the ground in a weird way. What I'm wanting to do is what this video shows then right click the mesh and do Havok > Create Convex Shape. This will redo the shape of the collision to match the ground object's mesh. Except if I do that in Nifskope the object crashes the game, so I go from a working ground object like that video explains to make to one that crashes me as soon as I change the convex shape and I'm not sure why.

I've also went through and tried to learn making a ground object with collision entirely in 3dsmax and the same thing happens. I've since ignored the issue and started using a ground object that looks like a box I ripped from the luxury outfit's mod and attached new screenshots to it but I would prefer actual ground objects.

If i do this on an new nif file their is tons off settings missing.

I can only get this to work if i use an old GND file.

1. Open old GND file

2. Delete all NiTriShape

3. Copy NiTriShape from new nif file.

4. Set alla NiTriShape Translation value close to zero, If not the object will roll upside down.

5. Mark The NiTriShape i whant to use as GND, Havok > Create Convex Shape.

6. Go to bhkCollitionObject > bhkRigidBody > Set the Center values.

7. Now Rename all NiTriShapes so textures will be in the right order in the esp.

8. ESP textures start att 0.

• 1 year later...