[mod] Romance Tweaks More Options

• 3 weeks later...

I tried this as of the current version and the incest options at least don't seem to be working. I had all of the incest options set to 100 and the RomanceChanceFactor between a mother/son paring was .22.

One thing I'm not sure about though, this is currently at the bottom of my load order, do I need to move it higher up?

Edited by AzraelWalker
On 11/15/2022 at 12:38 AM, AzraelWalker said:

I tried this as of the current version and the incest options at least don't seem to be working. I had all of the incest options set to 100 and the RomanceChanceFactor between a mother/son paring was .22.

One thing I'm not sure about though, this is currently at the bottom of my load order, do I need to move it higher up?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2880505421

On 11/16/2022 at 10:29 PM, DreaM MakeR said:

it's a nice stop-gap, but doesn't allow editing attraction factors...

this leads to a problem, where, if you're playing an incest cult with ideology, it doesn't stop normal relationships from forming, leading to massive mood and opinion debuffs...

btw, @nugerumon: is it possible to introduce an option opposite to the "incest attraction" modifier? to decrease/stop "normal" relationship possibilites?

12 hours ago, ThePlanless said:

btw, @nugerumon: is it possible to introduce an option opposite to the "incest attraction" modifier? to decrease/stop "normal" relationship possibilites?

You can make the general chance really low and the incest chance high enough to offset the general chance.

For example, if you want incest chance doubled, you could do general chance *0.1, incest chance *20. Or even smaller/larger numbers.

On 11/18/2022 at 10:44 AM, nugerumon said:

You can make the general chance really low and the incest chance high enough to offset the general chance.

For example, if you want incest chance doubled, you could do general chance *0.1, incest chance *20. Or even smaller/larger numbers.

oh, yeah, that's right! didn't occur to me, whoops!

thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Spent a couple of hours to debugging why my pawns, who are in a relationship and have mutual 100 opinion of each other, don't do lovin', only to realize they have an age difference of 30 years, which in vanilla RimWorld makes lovin' chance about 0.3% (i.e. once every 6 RimWorld-years...).

So I added an option to this mod to boost lovin' chance for couples with large age gap.

- does not influence romance chance

- does not affect RJW, only vanilla lovin'

On 12/11/2022 at 1:35 PM, nugerumon said:

Spent a couple of hours to debugging why my pawns, who are in a relationship and have mutual 100 opinion of each other, don't do lovin', only to realize they have an age difference of 30 years, which in vanilla RimWorld makes lovin' chance about 0.3% (i.e. once every 6 RimWorld-years...).

So I added an option to this mod to boost lovin' chance for couples with large age gap.

- does not influence romance chance

- does not affect RJW, only vanilla lovin'

sweet! never even knew that's a thing in vanilla....

any chance you could create a github repo for the mod, so we can add it to the Lazy Installer as a custom URL? it's super neat to have all mod updates managed centrally...

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Went ahead and made it compatible with RW 1.5. RW 1.5 is still considered unstable, so things might break before or after release, if RW code changes drastically. I don't think it will - romance is not a prime feature of the DLC or the patch - but you never know.

I removed HugsLib dependency so you have to redo all the settings.

On 1/25/2024 at 3:32 AM, throwaway219 said:

If you're still working on this, it would be nice to have an option that controlled colonist vs. slave behavior.

Rejoice, you have been heard.

I was too lazy to do it for RW 1.4 though so it will only work for the upcoming RW 1.5. Not a technical limitation of RW 1.4, I just started with slave factors after making it compatible with 1.5 and didn't want to backport it.

And speaking of working, I couldn't get the debug log to show romance chance calculations, so I could only rely on quantitative testing but had a good impression (like, instant lovers with factor 100). Edit: turns out if the patches actually work, the log works as well.

Edited by nugerumon
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...