[Comic] Lyla in New Vegas

Tefnacht

“Lyla in New Vegas” is a project I've been tinkering with for a long time now. When push comes to shove it is supposed to be a (adult) comic about my favorite character experiencing the FNV plot ...

It turned out to be a LOT more work than I expected. Pretty much every panel takes two hours just to get the resources in place (through Blender) and another 10 minutes to console command everything into place, after that I spend another half hour in Paint.NET choosing the right aperture and creating the speech bubbles ... it is very, very slow going.

Right now I need some ego-stroking ... and some help with the writing. I try to be funny, I really do, ultimately I fail. You all know how the FNV plot goes ... please help me to add some humor.

-------

My name is Lyla Bennett, though most people just call me Rogue. Well, unless they call me a mutant freak and bring out the pitchforks to chase me away or simply try to shoot me.

I am with the Mojave Express now, earning my caps as a courier, delivering small packages from one watering hole to the other across the desert. My colleagues there call me “Six”, since I am sixth on the roster. Usually I carry letters, sometimes a item or two.

With the NCR making its presence known throughout the Mojave, business is good. Of course them military types have their fancy little radios and their own delivery runners; Still they do hire civilian help every now and then.

It is not an easy life but I've had worse. Much worse. Though I won't get filthy rich carrying other peoples crap around, it brings in enough to make a living and I get to satisfy my wanderlust at the same time. All around it is a good deal.

That is, it was a good deal until that fateful night: October 15, 2281. That night my life was plunged into upside down chaos once again. I had just returned to the Mojave Express headquarters in Primm from a trek down south to Nipton, looking forward to a good nights sleep ...

post-30598-13597881448252_thumb.jpg

post-30598-13597881449551_thumb.jpg

post-30598-13597881450655_thumb.jpg

Update 12-16-12

post-30598-13597881647565_thumb.jpg

Well the elf looks quite silly, and the lack of armor is likely to also come back to bite you in goodsprings...........

Otherwise should be fun.

Also PREMAKE text bubbles, so you can copypaste them in and it'll go faster.

Hell, send me the framed images and I could see about adding them quickly and/or showing you how to do it.

Even MSpaint would enable this to go semi fast.

Thank you for your tips.

Making a library of speech bubbles is such a simple thing but I never thought of that. I started to collect my bubbles now. I am using a plugin for Paint NET that helps me make the bubbles ... it doesn't support centered text and is very limited about where the bubble points ... but I want to keep using it because it gives this “fixed”, constant style to all my speech bubbles. Once I built up a decent size library of prefab bubbles, things should go much quicker.

I'll take to heart the critique about too many similar angles and too few bubbles in a frame. I think those are very valid points and I'll try to avoid this in the future.

However, in defense of my past work, I have to say this: Those first 24 panels all play in the same small, poorly lit room with nobody moving much. They're just talking and every panel has at least one unique custom pose in it, usually two ... but I agree. The same story could probably be told in just 16 frames or less if I managed to use the screen real estate a little more efficient. I'll work on that.

I just finished page 4 (thanks holiday) and updated it to the OP.

Archived