Fight'N Rage Gal Nude

NekoChel

Hello everyone. I'd like to request a mod for a little-known beat 'em up called Fight'N Rage: https://store.steampowered.com/app/674520/FightN_Rage/

All I'm really after here is simple edits of the female protagonist "Gal" (and all alternate costumes, 17 spritesheets in total).

It's possible that such a mod already exists somewhere, but despite my best efforts, I couldn't find anything of the sort.

Unpacking the files is pretty easy: There's a bunch of .dat files in the game's "data" folder. Most of them open as archives in 7-Zip (the ones that don't are all ogg and wav files), and the files within (no extensions) are all either XML or PNG files. File 0 is an asset list that names all the other files (in order, so the first item in file 0 is file 1, etc.)

There is a modding guide within the Steam Community pages for the game that explains the details of unpacking/repacking files. To paraphrase, for repacking you need to:
1. Rename the file back to (original number) with no extension
2. Open the original (or a copy of the original) .dat file in 7-Zip

3. Drag-drop the modified file into the .dat

4. Edit file 0 and change the number below the file you've edited to indicate the new "Packed Size" listed in 7Z

5. Repack file 0 using steps 1-3

I tested and confirmed this works by renaming my unpacked version of 158.png to 144 and repacking it into 144.dat. Game launches and runs fine, though the spritesheet itself has a different layout and doesn't function correctly with the animation XML for 144.

tl;dr I just want someone to edit 17 spritesheets (mostly palette swaps) to remove clothes. I can provide the PNG files if necessary.

PS. This is my first post, so I apologize if I'm breaking any rules.

• 3 months later...
On 3/21/2019 at 3:11 PM, NekoChel said:

Hello everyone. I'd like to request a mod for a little-known beat 'em up called Fight'N Rage: https://store.steampowered.com/app/674520/FightN_Rage/

All I'm really after here is simple edits of the female protagonist "Gal" (and all alternate costumes, 17 spritesheets in total).

It's possible that such a mod already exists somewhere, but despite my best efforts, I couldn't find anything of the sort.

Unpacking the files is pretty easy: There's a bunch of .dat files in the game's "data" folder. Most of them open as archives in 7-Zip (the ones that don't are all ogg and wav files), and the files within (no extensions) are all either XML or PNG files. File 0 is an asset list that names all the other files (in order, so the first item in file 0 is file 1, etc.)

There is a modding guide within the Steam Community pages for the game that explains the details of unpacking/repacking files. To paraphrase, for repacking you need to:

4. Edit file 0 and change the number below the file you've edited to indicate the new "Packed Size" listed in 7Z

I tested and confirmed this works by renaming my unpacked version of 158.png to 144 and repacking it into 144.dat. Game launches and runs fine, though the spritesheet itself has a different layout and doesn't function correctly with the animation XML for 144.

tl;dr I just want someone to edit 17 spritesheets (mostly palette swaps) to remove clothes. I can provide the PNG files if necessary.

I've seen this game on Steam for a while now, but it doesn't quite look like something that would really interest me. I don't usually buy games I can't mod, but if this game is moddable, then I might change my mind. I have a lot of experience with pixel art, (as I fancy myself a pixel artist) but I'm currently working on another nude (pixel) mod and some personal projects. Sprite sheets are biiiig pain in the rear to redesign, even for simple edits. As a 'starving' artist, I'd be game to take a commission of sorts for some nude sprite sheets. But I hope to see development here for sure!

On 3/21/2019 at 5:11 PM, NekoChel said:

I appreciate you bringing this game to my attention! After I saw the game I was rather excited to start working on this request. I'm going to start with her default costume being the nude one. I'm not sure if I can do all 17 of them, but I can provide at least one of them.

On 7/8/2019 at 7:22 AM, Blehbreh said:

I appreciate you bringing this game to my attention! After I saw the game I was rather excited to start working on this request. I'm going to start with her default costume being the nude one. I'm not sure if I can do all 17 of them, but I can provide at least one of them.

Thank you for taking this on! If I can do anything to help, I'd be happy to. As for the costumes, a large portion of them are simple palette swaps; there are 5 unique sheets by my count, though mostly they seem to just have the sprites in a different order. I haven't inspected them all closely to confirm this suspicion, this is based on quick comparisons only.

Edit: From the looks of it, you could probably edit just 3 of the costumes (basic, furry, neko) and then just match the palette swaps and sprite positions for the rest. If necessary, I have Photoshop and can do all the palette swaps given those 3 base versions.

Edit 2: In total it looks like there are 6 unique sprite layouts, actually-- Two for each of the costume types I mentioned, one with the hair ribbon and one without. I made up a list of all the sheets that match each layout, probably unnecessarily as I now realize it's been 6 days and I'm sure you've figured some or all of this out by now:

basic, ribbon: 144, 154, 156, 160, 168
basic, no ribbon: 148, 150, 152, 162, 164, 172, 176
neko, ribbon: 166
neko, no ribbon: 158
furry, ribbon: 146, 174
furry, no ribbon: 170

(Of course, by the nature of this request, leaving out the hair ribbon and just doing the 3 unique costumes as I mentioned before seems perfectly acceptable to me)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived