Are there any mods for This War of Mine?

Alex719

There were some mods, available through the modding center on the menu screen, but..........the mods were mostly reskins.   There were a few custom starting characters too (like I made one of Racquel Darrian) as well, though none that changed much of anything in the game.      What kind of mods were you looking for?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After a long break, I have also installed this game again and I have to say, I'm surprised that there are no mods here at LL, after I brought this topic to LL already in December 2017.
Added. On the one hand, this game has a serious issue in itself, which is supposed to represent survival.
 On the other hand, in times of war unfortunately more is needed. Straight moral decisions, no matter if you play man or woman, go beyond the simple decision to rob someone out.
Would you prostitute yourself as a woman to get the canned food, so that the children get something to eat.
Would man, after he has freed the brothel (he can not visit it), direct this himself.
What would bandits do if they attacked a halfway built-up property and found a family there with it? Especially right, if it is a young woman or teenage daughter?

I'm not even talking about animated scenes right now. But only lyrics that could describe the happenings and such scenes that are not constantly appearing but nevertheless represent an imminent danger would round out the experience of this game considerably.

4 hours ago, Falloutbabe said:

After a long break, I have also installed this game again and I have to say, I'm surprised that there are no mods here at LL, after I brought this topic to LL already in December 2017.

I think that several new games are trying to take social justice more seriously than in the past.  That said, I think the developers do not want to support any kind of mod that changes their goal of  providing awareness to the plight of normal people and the cost of war.  With the "message" more important than the "money", they built a solid project, can lock down the code and make it so that it is a "one of" kind of coding, requiring fundamental coding throughout than in easily installed modules.   My character's story line was premade for her (police woman first time then photographer), so all I did was cosmetic changes. 

Now with micro transactions becoming the name of the game, I fear many will opt for the Assassin's Creed style coding (and TWOM) rather than Crusaders King or Fallout.

At its core, TWOM is a linear (i.e. choose your own adventure) game.   I don't know of many linear games that have tons of mods.   If you don't plan on modding it, then i would be surprised if anyone will.  

1 hour ago, Falloutbabe said:

Too bad, sounds to me so that the code does not allow any mods, except a few characters that anyone can create themselves. For that, Steam does not need 5,000 downloadable characters in the workshop.
But thanks for your explanation.

there are reskins as well.  Like someone put the AK back in the game after Russian gamers complained that featuring an AK rather than a Colt AR may imply that only Russian client states would ever devolve into a war, similar to what we see in Syria, Donetsk, South Ossetia, Chechnya, Iraq, Libya, Nigeria, Sri Lanka......errrr.....wow....... good thing we live in "peaceful times" .    

• 3 months later...
17 hours ago, AB01 said:

Somehow someone tried to make custom skins of it like this 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1779695738&searchtext=

hoping to see someone make naked or some skin exposed outfits, 

Has someone tried it or thought of making it ? hoping to see that happens,

Hmmmm...now that  does  suggest that the avatars can be reskinned.   A little bit of research at the Steam workshop has links to tools used and they seem simple enough (GIMP and Notepad ++) so a reskin is possible.    However, it looks like there are 12 customizable portraits, though how the program calls them isn't clear to me.    The avatar profiles can be modded of course (I have Racquel Darrain as one of my avatars, though she uses the default Photographer story line), also I see where I can edit the story lines/bios.     I will play around with this and see if I can mod the music (usually easiest with the set of tools from FO4, though I will be using copyrighted music so can't really upload) and see.     I will also add some partial nudes though they will be story breaking (as I doubt survivors will be dressing for clubs in Eastern Ukraine anytime soon.)  Maybe work on a prostitute/pimp story line as well.

On 8/8/2019 at 5:06 AM, steelpanther24 said:

Hmmmm...now that  does  suggest that the avatars can be reskinned.   A little bit of research at the Steam workshop has links to tools used and they seem simple enough (GIMP and Notepad ++) so a reskin is possible.    However, it looks like there are 12 customizable portraits, though how the program calls them isn't clear to me.    The avatar profiles can be modded of course (I have Racquel Darrain as one of my avatars, though she uses the default Photographer story line), also I see where I can edit the story lines/bios.     I will play around with this and see if I can mod the music (usually easiest with the set of tools from FO4, though I will be using copyrighted music so can't really upload) and see.     I will also add some partial nudes though they will be story breaking (as I doubt survivors will be dressing for clubs in Eastern Ukraine anytime soon.)  Maybe work on a prostitute/pimp story line as well.

Yeah it is somehow story breaking but at least skimpy or sexy type outfits wouldnt or nude mod would be cool fitting  for bathing/showering( if that mod happens)  and  romance type scenes( kinda like witcher series , if fits in context)  

Archived