Recently I saw a cam girl mod for the sims 4 and thought the sims 3 could use something like that, so I decided I would make the mod myself, but the problem is is that I’m totally a beginner in modding in general. I would like to make the cam girl mod a profession type job in the sims 3 but have no idea how to go about it.

I’m aware Mod the Sims has a forum where they teach you the basics of modding but I saw they explained how to make rabbit hole career mods. I want to know if there is a guide or somewhere in the Mod the Sims forum that shows you how to make profession type career mods?

In game terms, it sounds like you need to make a Profession, instead of a Career. Professions are along the lines of Ghost Hunter, Firefighter, Investigator, Stylist, etc., that came with Ambitions. They show up under a sim's career, but the sim doesn't go to a rabbit hole job. Instead they have opportunities pop up, which advance their career.

KW does some of this, with the call-girl profession, with opportunities and all. The "model" profession in KW also has some of this, with opportunities to meet up with a photographer popping up.

Nraas Story Progression Careers also has something similar to this. A sim can register as a homemaker, and gets paid a daily stipend based on whether they accomplished certain goals such as cleaning the house, making group meals, etc. It has a couple of other similar professions. It also has a "family" career, basically like a mob/hitman job. That one does have a rabbit hole schedule, but also has opportunities where your sim has to assassinate some other sims. I think the source code for the Nraas mods is available. I do know that when Twallan quit working on Nraas, he released the source for all his mods. A group of other modders took over maintaining them, but the last update from Twallan should be available, if nothing else.

On 2/9/2019 at 12:53 PM, FreakyRufus said:

I do know that when Twallan quit working on Nraas, he released the source for all his mods. A group of other modders took over maintaining them, but the last update from Twallan should be available, if nothing else.

Yes you can get his last updates but those aren't compatible with the game that has patch 1.66, 1.67 or 1.69. But the current code for the Nraas mods for patches 1.66, 1.67 and 1.69 is also available.

On 2/9/2019 at 12:53 PM, FreakyRufus said:

In game terms, it sounds like you need to make a Profession, instead of a Career. Professions are along the lines of Ghost Hunter, Firefighter, Investigator, Stylist, etc., that came with Ambitions. They show up under a sim's career, but the sim doesn't go to a rabbit hole job. Instead they have opportunities pop up, which advance their career.

KW does some of this, with the call-girl profession, with opportunities and all. The "model" profession in KW also has some of this, with opportunities to meet up with a photographer popping up.

Nraas Story Progression Careers also has something similar to this. A sim can register as a homemaker, and gets paid a daily stipend based on whether they accomplished certain goals such as cleaning the house, making group meals, etc. It has a couple of other similar professions. It also has a "family" career, basically like a mob/hitman job. That one does have a rabbit hole schedule, but also has opportunities where your sim has to assassinate some other sims. I think the source code for the Nraas mods is available. I do know that when Twallan quit working on Nraas, he released the source for all his mods. A group of other modders took over maintaining them, but the last update from Twallan should be available, if nothing else.

Yeah, ik kinky mod has a model opportunities and call girl jobs, but the model and actor careers are still in progress and I would like to create a profession mod that focuses on being a cam girl. I’ll just search around more thank you.

3 hours ago, jislvt said:

Yeah, ik kinky mod has a model opportunities and call girl jobs, but the model and actor careers are still in progress and I would like to create a profession mod that focuses on being a cam girl. I’ll just search around more thank you.

I wasn't suggesting that you live with the state of KW, I was suggesting what I thought would be needed to create what you are talking about, and giving some other mods that do things similar to what is needed.

Archived