FootIK OFF for SexLabUtil1

View File

Introduction:

Disabling FootIK can help animations align better and this mod allows you to set the effect on SexLabUtil1.

Installation:

Just drop the contents into the Data folder or use a mod manager to install it. Load order doesn't matter.

If you can't see the "FootIK OFF" effect in the list, make sure to click "Misc -> Reload effects".

You are free to set the effect whatever way you want, but I recommend you to use the same settings as the one from the screenshot in "At sex start". Slot doesn't matter.

The spell/ability is based off FootIK OFF Spell, but it's not required. I did rewrite it to better function with SexLabUtil1.

Uninstallation:

Remove the following files from your Data folder: FootIK OFF for SexLabUtil1.esp, scripts\aaaFRFootIKOFFConstantScript.pex, scripts\source\aaaFRFootIKOFFConstantScript.psc and ini\SexlabUtil1.esp\FootIKOFF.ini, or remove it with your mod manager.

Known Issues:

None.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    02/01/2019
  • Category
  • Requires
    Sex Animation Framework v1.62 or higher, SexLabUtil1 0.17 or higher
  • Special Edition Compatible
    Yes

View File

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverse_kinematics

Inverse kinematics is important to game programming and 3D animation, where it is used to connect game characters physically to the world, such as feet landing firmly on top of terrain (see [5] for a comprehensive survey on Inverse Kinematics methods used in Computer Graphics).

For an illustrative picture of FootIK ON vs OFF in-game (from the original FootIK Spell OFF):

60128-0-1464533029.gif

• 1 month later...

Nice. Does this replace the foot1k off spell used for poses or would we need to use both?

No, it adds a new ability that SexLabUtil1 will either add or remove to/from the Actor (based on how you configured it in SexLabUtil1's MCM).

It also doesn't require the FootIK OFF spell mod as it's a pretty simple mod by itself.

All it does:

Event OnEffectStart(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)
    targetName = akTarget.GetLeveledActorBase().GetName()

akTarget.SetAnimationVariableBool("bHumanoidFootIKDisable", true)

PrintConsole("FootIK Disabled: " + targetName)
EndEvent

When adding.

Event OnEffectFinish(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)
    akTarget.SetAnimationVariableBool("bHumanoidFootIKDisable", false)

PrintConsole("FootIK Enabled: " + targetName)
EndEvent

When removing.

2 hours ago, Hawk9969 said:

No, it adds a new ability that SexLabUtil1 will either add or remove to/from the Actor (based on how you configured it in SexLabUtil1's MCM).

It also doesn't require the FootIK OFF spell mod as it's a pretty simple mod by itself.

All it does:

Event OnEffectStart(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)
    targetName = akTarget.GetLeveledActorBase().GetName()

akTarget.SetAnimationVariableBool("bHumanoidFootIKDisable", true)

PrintConsole("FootIK Disabled: " + targetName)
EndEvent

When adding.

Event OnEffectFinish(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)
    akTarget.SetAnimationVariableBool("bHumanoidFootIKDisable", false)

PrintConsole("FootIK Enabled: " + targetName)
EndEvent

When removing.

Great, thanks for clarifying. Will try this out soon!

6 hours ago, traen said:

Sorry, I can't seem to get this mod to pop up on my MCM. Is there something I should be doing to activate it? Aside from the plugin, obviously.

Did you also add the ini file? The ini file is required for it to be registered within SexLabUtil1, and as the instructions say:

"If you can't see the "FootIK OFF" effect in the list, make sure to click "Misc -> Reload effects"."

This is required to make SexLabUtil1 read the inis again.

• 1 month later...

No matter what I do, I can not get this to show up in the effects for SexLabUtil. Where exactly is the ini file supposed to go because I've literally tried every ware.....left it where it is, moved it to the data where the esp is, moved it into the ini folder in SexLabUtil, moved it to the data folder with the SexLabUtil esp...nothing is working. 

This says it's compatible with SE so I assume SexLabUtil is as well?

Anyway, some guidance would be appreciated peoples

Thanks

6 hours ago, MuscleGeek said:

No matter what I do, I can not get this to show up in the effects for SexLabUtil. Where exactly is the ini file supposed to go because I've literally tried every ware.....left it where it is, moved it to the data where the esp is, moved it into the ini folder in SexLabUtil, moved it to the data folder with the SexLabUtil esp...nothing is working. 

This says it's compatible with SE so I assume SexLabUtil is as well?

Anyway, some guidance would be appreciated peoples

Thanks

It's compatible with SSE, but not entirely out of the box.

You need to do this first to the ESP: https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Porting_Skyrim_mods_to_Skyrim_Special_Edition#Open_the_mod_in_the_SSE_Creation_Kit

And the INI file is supposed to go exactly where all the other SexLabUtil1 INIs go, which is precisely the folder hierarchy as in the download file.

1 hour ago, Hawk9969 said:

It's compatible with SSE, but not entirely out of the box.

You need to do this first to the ESP: https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Porting_Skyrim_mods_to_Skyrim_Special_Edition#Open_the_mod_in_the_SSE_Creation_Kit

And the INI file is supposed to go exactly where all the other SexLabUtil1 INIs go, which is precisely the folder hierarchy as in the download file.

I am familiar with converting mods and have actually done that already. I'm still not getting anything showing up in the event. As you say, the ini currently resides in "Mods\SexlabUtil\INI\SexlabUtil1.esp\FootIKOFF.ini" along with all the other ini files but still nothing. I've left the structure exactly as is in the download again...nothing. Am baffed :/

EDIT

Sidenote - I'm on version 1.5.62 which is SKSE 2.0.12

That's not a problem is it?

15 minutes ago, MuscleGeek said:

I am familiar with converting mods and have actually done that already. I'm still not getting anything showing up in the event. As you say, the ini currently resides in "Mods\SexlabUtil\INI\SexlabUtil1.esp\FootIKOFF.ini" along with all the other ini files but still nothing. I've left the structure exactly as is in the download again...nothing. Am baffed :/

EDIT

Sidenote - I'm on version 1.5.62 which is SKSE 2.0.12

That's not a problem is it?

Does SexLabUtil1 works for you at all? Is it just this effect that doesn't work?

And I wouldn't know, I don't have SSE. But this mod is so simple that as long as SexLabUtil1 works, it will work aswell.

27 minutes ago, Hawk9969 said:

Does SexLabUtil1 works for you at all? Is it just this effect that doesn't work?

And I wouldn't know, I don't have SSE. But this mod is so simple that as long as SexLabUtil1 works, it will work aswell.

Well, it loads up and comes up with registering events on startup. It shows in the McM but none of the other inis shows up but I would assume that's because I would need to install those.

9 hours ago, MuscleGeek said:

Well, it loads up and comes up with registering events on startup. It shows in the McM but none of the other inis shows up but I would assume that's because I would need to install those.

It uses an SKSE plugin to read those INIs, and as you may or may not know, you cannot load 32-bits libraries on a 64-bits application.

The plugin's name is extratools.dll, and you can see which native functions it implements by viewing scripts/source/extratools.psc.

I don't know whether the source code is available for that plugin or not, but those functions are fairly easy to implement on your own.

WinTrace: Pointless, you don't need to implement that (this is just for debugging).

WinDirList: Use this https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/api/fileapi/nf-fileapi-findfirstfilea and https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/api/fileapi/nf-fileapi-findnextfilea or this if you have access to C++17 https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/filesystem/directory_iterator

Or use SKSE's IDirectoryIterator. Internally, IDirectoryIterator uses FindFirstFile and FindNextFile.

StrGetToken: Simple split string-like operation, implement as you wish.

WinGetIni: Proper way: Use SimpleIni library; Quick one liner way: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/api/winbase/nf-winbase-getprivateprofilestring

WinSetIni: Proper way: Use SimpleIni library; Quick one liner way: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/api/winbase/nf-winbase-writeprivateprofilestringa

StrToId: Use std::strtol https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/string/byte/strtol -> return std::strtol(_value.data, nullptr, 16);

• 1 year later...
On 4/20/2019 at 7:31 PM, Hawk9969 said:

Hey,

before making a whole new thread:

I wanted to add FootIKoff to my modfied SLAL packs by default, for example all Billy and all Funnybiz (editing the source files and or/FNIS txt)
Since that is quite some work I wanted to ask first how exactly it improves an animation and if it can possibly be harmfull if added to all animations without thinking (including creatures and animobjects).

thx alot. 

2 hours ago, Nymra said:

Hey,

before making a whole new thread:

I wanted to add FootIKoff to my modfied SLAL packs by default, for example all Billy and all Funnybiz (editing the source files and or/FNIS txt)
Since that is quite some work I wanted to ask first how exactly it improves an animation and if it can possibly be harmfull if added to all animations without thinking (including creatures and animobjects).

thx alot. 

You only need to enforce bHumanoidFootIKDisable=true for their behavior files.

And no, there is no harm in that; in fact, FootIK should always be disabled for multiple actor non-paired animations to prevent misalignment when on a slope, stairs, etc.

25 minutes ago, Hawk9969 said:

You only need to enforce bHumanoidFootIKDisable=true for their behavior files.

And no, there is no harm in that; in fact, FootIK should always be disabled for multiple actor non-paired animations to prevent misalignment when on a slope, stairs, etc.

thx alot :)

• 1 year later...